Guardian's of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardian's of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Being serious for a second, anyone care to guestimate a ride-thru experience for this?
I'm guessing something along the lines that we've been trapped by The Collector at his museum, which will replace the boiler room queue with AA creatures in glass cases, and we then have to get into a lift that will......

No, sorry, I can't go any further. It's just too stupid.

Can't forget the exit through The Collector's gift shop.

I think the exterior is going to be a massive undertaking looking at the concept drawings. ST was mostly interior and changing the movie and ride movements.
If they put an adequate amount of people on the job (a decent sized crew on the inside and outside) then I think they can get it done. It's easily possible, it's just how much resources is Disney willing to throw at it to finish it on time.

Ahh, now I see where i'm wrong and you guys are right about that 6 month window. I didn't realize they changed the timeline to January. It was originally supposed to close in September according to MiceAge, so that was what I was going on.

Technically Summer goes until September, so they'll still have a decent chunk of time and still get it open "in time", but they'll be pushing it. If anything goes wrong or they start to fall behind, this could easily miss that Summer deadline. Just as we've seen with almost every attraction in Orlando this year, things don't always go as planned.

Well as long as we get an episode where they use lots of explosives to demolish a ride I am all for it lol :p

I'm not exactly sure where the whole 6 months thing is coming from. They said "Summer 2017". MiceAge said May 2017. We're looking at more towards 9-10 months if it's May, possibly more if it stretches deeper into *actual* Summer.

And like I said earlier, Star Tours, Test Track and Soarin all made conversions in 8 months or less. Soarin was easy obviously, but ST and especially Test Track are pretty good comparisons imo.

It's widely known that they want this open badly by June or July, and it's closing in January 2017 now.

Also the concept art shown suggest that this should be a far more dramatic redressing.

I think it has more to do with them getting something Marvel related into a US park as quickly as possible and this is the option they went for, listening to the announcement plans have already been made for what is going to happen Marvel wise at DL and this is the first step, also it sounds like everything for this have already been made or are at least in production so a 6 month change over is feasible but we shall see. I like the idea of the ride and yes it replaces something that is already there but the idea is a cool one but time will tell.

Disney bought Marvel 7 years ago. How is this as quickly as possible? :lol:

Reactions: Blue
It's really telling to directly compare Disney's treatment of Marvel versus Universal's. Universal is just finishing up essentially tearing down an attraction and rebuilding it from the ground up just to make it slightly better. Meanwhile Disney announces they'll spend 6 months redecorating an old attraction to become a Marvel attraction. To top it all off they make a huge announcement at the worlds biggest comic con with all the stars of the movie present as if this is some sort of big accomplishment or groundbreaking new ride or something.

Reactions: BJCool and Ryan
It's really telling to directly compare Disney's treatment of Marvel versus Universal's. Universal is just finishing up essentially tearing down an attraction and rebuilding it from the ground up just to make it slightly better. Meanwhile Disney announces they'll spend 6 months redecorating an old attraction to become a Marvel attraction. To top it all off they make a huge announcement at the worlds biggest comic con with all the stars of the movie present as if this is some sort of big accomplishment or groundbreaking new ride or something.

In that description, Disney comes off sounding better.

If this is a success, it's only a matter of time before DCA gets It's Tough To Be a Black Widow, Spiderman Rocks - Live at the Hyperion, and The Avengers: Hulk and Thor to the Rescue!

Honestly, Magic has a lot of Disney detractors these days...the better "general opinion" would be from the DISboards I think
Dis Boards 90% against the idea....TPI: most everyone replying disagrees with Niles and is against the Guardians idea...Magic opinions are actually the calmest since they're happy it didn't happen at DHS. That was their major concern.

Reactions: SeventyOne and Ryan
Disney bought Marvel 7 years ago. How is this as quickly as possible? :lol:
Well, Staggs was running P&R for the longest time and he didn't seem to care about implementing Marvel for one. Since Chapek has taken over last year, he's pushed hard for Marvel in the parks as quick as they could from that point. Obviously if you look back to 2009 this isn't quick, but they were barely thinking about it domestically until recently.

Well, Staggs was running P&R for the longest time and he didn't seem to care about implementing Marvel for one. Since Chapek has taken over last year, he's pushed hard for Marvel in the parks as quick as they could from that point. Obviously if you look back to 2009 this isn't quick, but they were barely thinking about it domestically until recently.
Yep. And Chapek being retail oriented wants attractions so he can push the Marvel merch.

Universal spent a year to give the public essentially the same ride and story and Disney are giving the public an old ride with a completely new story in 6 months.
Yeah, I guess I see it as Universal sacrificed having a ride down for a year to increase quality while Disney is sacrificing quality to give the public "something" pretty quickly. It kind of reminds me of that old story of Walt Disney trashing all the work spent on Flowers and Trees, just to start over to do it in color.

Reactions: Scott W.