Guardian's of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardian's of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The DCA Tower didn't impress me. First when the door to the elevator open and reveal.... a hallway between you and the actual elevator, the illusion is already ruined. And to me, the greatest moment on Florida's version isn't just that it comes out of the shaft. Its that moment when the star field "splits" revealing blackness, as the car rolls in and stops. There's that moment of delicious anticipation before anything happens. The Florida version is designed to play with your mind from the moment you enter the building (even though most people never notice the missing effect right before the car exits the shaft). From low pulsing sounds in the queue, to the use of red, to the "flimsy" feel of the car, right up to the moment Ive described above, its all designed to increase your unease. California's suffers from too big a "basement", to the aforementioned hallway, and the loss of build to the climax

I do think that, from the sounds of it, this GOTG ride will have a lot of re-ridability with the different sequences (ala DHS). It's certainly not my first choice for a Marvel ride, but it should be an interesting experience. I expect the tone to be way different than that of ToT.

I'm not exactly sure where the whole 6 months thing is coming from. They said "Summer 2017". MiceAge said May 2017. We're looking at more towards 9-10 months if it's May, possibly more if it stretches deeper into *actual* Summer.

And like I said earlier, Star Tours, Test Track and Soarin all made conversions in 8 months or less. Soarin was easy obviously, but ST and especially Test Track are pretty good comparisons imo.

You must have missed Disney saying ToT closes early 2017. That Sept 2016 date was just the rumor.

Reactions: SeventyOne
You must have missed Disney saying ToT closes early 2017. That Sept 2016 date was just the rumor.
Yeah, I eventually figured that out :lol:

Seems unnecessary to wait. So many things can go wrong, you should want to give yourself all the time possible.

Reactions: Brian G.
Yeah, I eventually figured that out :lol:

Seems unnecessary to wait. So many things can go wrong, you should want to give yourself all the time possible.

Disney want to give themselves plenty of time to milk their loyal fanbase first with departing gifts for their beloved ToT ride. No true fan should be without their $15 'final check out!' pin, $35 'final check out!' shirt etc

Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the rumor for Captain America is that it will be a Darkcoaster in a way? I can be wrong, but I thought that the rumors we're pointing to an attraction that mixed Transformers and RnRC for that.

Either way, I am just going to wait and see on GOtG but the timeframe does not excite me in the very least.

The GOTG ride is going to feel horribly outdated in 10 years, when the GOTG movies are just a blip in our memory and we're watching queue video with a laughably young Chris Pratt.

This isn't a reason to NOT build an attraction, but I'm just mentioning it.

At least The Twilight Zone is timeless. A millennial may never have seen an episode, but everyone knows what it is and references to the show still abound in everyday speech.

The GOTG ride is going to feel horribly outdated in 10 years, when the GOTG movies are just a blip in our memory and we're watching queue video with a laughably young Chris Pratt.

This isn't a reason to NOT build an attraction, but I'm just mentioning it.

At least The Twilight Zone is timeless. A millennial may never have seen an episode, but everyone knows what it is and references to the show still abound in everyday speech.
Can confirm, never have seen an episode and it is one of my favorite rides

I love that Disney is finally getting back into the synergy thing. Unfortunately they seem really bad at it these days

It's like watch Drunk Dad Dance.

Oh boy, I lost a lot of bets on this one.

They have like six months to build this. Can Disney even test a ride, not to mention redo it entirely, in that time?
It's not like they're doing much. Most of the changes are purely going to be aesthetic and A/V. It's not like they can change the ride system beyond the randomization.

I'm willing to give this a chance. I feel like a lot of Disney's projects sound really stupid at first, but the execution makes them great. If this is the price for a full MCU Marvel Land, I guess it might be worth it.

Reactions: Nick
All i'm gonna say is, California's version was never as good as Florida's. If you want to ride the real Tower of Terror, go to Florida. California's was OK, but I was never impressed. So for right now, I'm ok with this transformation.

However don't bring this mess into Disney's Hollywood Studios, i'm happy with the Twilight Zone theme. ;)

All i'm gonna say is, California's version was never as good as Florida's. If you want to ride the real Tower of Terror, go to Florida. California's was OK, but I was never impressed. So for right now, I'm ok with this transformation.

However don't bring this mess into Disney's Hollywood Studios, i'm happy with the Twilight Zone theme. ;)
While a valid point, not many have the time or money to spend on a plane ticket just to go across the country to visit another theme park, when they could just drive a few hours to their local one.

While a valid point, not many have the time or money to spend on a plane ticket just to go across the country to visit another theme park, when they could just drive a few hours to their local one.

That's a good point. I was just saying if you'd like the full experience, you wouldn't get it at California, if that makes sense? However, now I can see why the twilight zone was so important to California as well because it did give people a glimpse of what Florida's was like, and now people will have to travel across the country to visit that ride. Who know's though, maybe this new theme will work better with this version of TOT? I guess time will tell. :/

We'll never see this in Florida. GotG will be in the Avengers when Infinity War hits theaters. That affects Orlando, but not Anaheim