Guardian's of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardian's of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So it's official and it's still as crappy an idea as it was when it was first rumored. Way to go Disney. Expending one of your 4 good rides in the park... that actually helped start to turn DCA around... for an embarrassingly cheap Marvel overlay.

Flip side to that point: After Guardians becomes the hit in 2014; green light the plan for a new attraction instead of an half-assed idea and have it open for same time frame.

Of course, that would've worked. Just saying the motivation behind opening it next year isn't much of a mystery.

So it's official and it's still as crappy an idea as it was when it was first rumored. Way to go Disney. Expending one of your 4 good rides in the park... that actually helped start to turn DCA around... for an embarrassingly cheap Marvel overlay.

To be fair, their ToT is a dud in comparison to WDW; but I'd like to see the ratio of people hating because it's taking over ToT vs. People hating Guardians isn't getting a proper attempt.

Of course, that would've worked. Just saying the motivation behind opening it next year isn't much of a mystery.

Well yea, but the larger point I believe TTrack was making is why take so long?

To be fair, their ToT is a dud in comparison to WDW; but I'd like to see the ratio of people hating because it's taking over ToT vs. People hating Guardians isn't getting a proper attempt.

I've been lucky to ride all the ToTs in the world and sorry. None of them are duds. They are always a highlight in whatever resort they're in.

And the argument that the fact that WDW's is sooo much better because it actually leaves the shaft is so tired and that's probably the weakest part of the ride, especially when the screen tech is so unbelievably cheesy and outdated (and twice I've been on it and gotten a Microsoft Windows screen instead.)

Could the impending Avengers movies have anything to do with the quick timeline? It seems like the Infinity War is going to lead to major changes throughout Marvel. I'd be shocked if Disney wasn't worried about the cinematic equivalent of "jumping the shark." Throw up a quick ride now that you know that GotG is both a hit and going to play a part in the Avengers movies. If you wait too long, the ride could be a dud because Infinity War proves that people don't care about Marvel beyond the core characters.

I've been lucky to ride all the ToTs in the world and sorry. None of them are duds. They are always a highlight in whatever resort they're in.

And the argument that the fact that WDW's is sooo much better because it actually leaves the shaft is so tired and that's probably the weakest part of the ride, especially when the screen tech is so unbelievably cheesy and outdated (and twice I've been on it and gotten a Microsoft Windows screen instead.)

Different strokes, I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I thought it was fine but preffered WDW's more.

Regardless, an overwhelming majority hold our ToT in higher regard in comparison. Either way, it still sucks for locals who won't have their own version of it anymore (kinda).

So from the video it sounds like a Marvel Land will eventually be coming to DCA... why couldn't they have just waited until then? Tear down TOT and use the remaining expansion plot to create Marvel Land.

That tower looks so silly and out of place, and GOTG deserves something better than an overlay.

its coming so fast as they want this open by the sequel released next year!

the rumored Ultra E Captain America ride is not slated to.come for at least 3 more years....GotG does deserve better, we shall see if Epcot gives it what it deserves :ears:;)

Oh boy, I lost a lot of bets on this one.

They have like six months to build this. Can Disney even test a ride, not to mention redo it entirely, in that time?
Star Tours to ST2.0 changeover took 8 months
Test Track to TT2.0 change took 8 months
Soarin' took 5 months virtually.

Disney normally doesn't do things that quick, but they've been known to do it every now and again with simple layovers.

Truth be told, I'm completely sold on this ride as a stand alone. I think it will be a great experience but this says a lot about the current state of Disney. Sure ToT isn't as good at DCA as it is at WDW but it's still a solid attraction and Disney seem to be just overlaying attractions with a new IP these days.

Does this say that Disney don't have the confidence to build a new ride completely from scratch? and that raises questions about Avatar and how confident they're feeling about it.

I think it has more to do with them getting something Marvel related into a US park as quickly as possible and this is the option they went for, listening to the announcement plans have already been made for what is going to happen Marvel wise at DL and this is the first step, also it sounds like everything for this have already been made or are at least in production so a 6 month change over is feasible but we shall see. I like the idea of the ride and yes it replaces something that is already there but the idea is a cool one but time will tell.

1) I like Guardians of the Galaxy.
2) I think DHS ToT is better than DCA. I still love the DCA version.
3) I think that DCA ToT was nicely paired when they installed Red Car Trolley. It made that little area feel alive.
4) DCA ToT is not nearly as unpopular as some claim it is. Case in point is the INSANE negative reaction from even those outside the fan community.
5) There is an entire area in the back of Hollywood Land that's gone underused for eons.
6) Guardians of the Galaxy deserves an E-ticket of its own.
7) The space in the back is the perfect place for this.
8) Disney has the money to make it so, but they're not going to do it because for some reason this has to come NOW, not later.
9) The story is bewildering levels of dumb.
10) I don't think even Joe Rhode himself knows what the hell this thing is supposed to be.

So yeah. This is the west coast Frozen Ever After, but worse. FEA took 2 YEARS, this is taking six months?! SIX MONTHS?!

:bang:

1) I like Guardians of the Galaxy.
2) I think DHS ToT is better than DCA. I still love the DCA version.
3) I think that DCA ToT was nicely paired when they installed Red Car Trolley. It made that little area feel alive.
4) DCA ToT is not nearly as unpopular as some claim it is. Case in point is the INSANE negative reaction from even those outside the fan community.
5) There is an entire area in the back of Hollywood Land that's gone underused for eons.
6) Guardians of the Galaxy deserves an E-ticket of its own.
7) The space in the back is the perfect place for this.
8) Disney has the money to make it so, but they're not going to do it because for some reason this has to come NOW, not later.
9) The story is bewildering levels of dumb.
10) I don't think even Joe Rhode himself knows what the hell this thing is supposed to be.

So yeah. This is the west coast Frozen Ever After, but worse. FEA took 2 YEARS, this is taking six months?! SIX MONTHS?!

:bang:
I'm not exactly sure where the whole 6 months thing is coming from. They said "Summer 2017". MiceAge said May 2017. We're looking at more towards 9-10 months if it's May, possibly more if it stretches deeper into *actual* Summer.

And like I said earlier, Star Tours, Test Track and Soarin all made conversions in 8 months or less. Soarin was easy obviously, but ST and especially Test Track are pretty good comparisons imo.

I'm not exactly sure where the whole 6 months thing is coming from. They said "Summer 2017". MiceAge said May 2017. We're looking at more towards 9-10 months if it's May, possibly more if it stretches deeper into *actual* Summer.

And like I said earlier, Star Tours, Test Track and Soarin all made conversions in 8 months or less. Soarin was easy obviously, but ST and especially Test Track are pretty good comparisons imo.

I think the exterior is going to be a massive undertaking looking at the concept drawings. ST was mostly interior and changing the movie and ride movements.

Being serious for a second, anyone care to guestimate a ride-thru experience for this?
I'm guessing something along the lines that we've been trapped by The Collector at his museum, which will replace the boiler room queue with AA creatures in glass cases, and we then have to get into a lift that will......

No, sorry, I can't go any further. It's just too stupid.

Reactions: UniversalCityFL