Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Possible spoiler, but Awesome Mix Vol 2 has been released. Little underwhelming to me compared to Vol 1, but some solid stuff in there.

guardiansvol2playlist_large.jpg

Last edited:
I had an absolute blast. With the way they ousted Whedon, Gunn is the best single filmmaker working in the MCU (Russo duo not withstanding). I can see why some say it's not as good as the original, because it doesn't do much to break new ground. But I heard someone say it doesn't play like a sequel, but like you dusted off an old comic book and dove into another story in the anthology.

Reactions: UK-Trigg
We just got back and loved it. The way its serious and then just breaks the mood into something funny is great. Plus all of the characters are well-developed. Even baby Groot. (I love the way Dax's mind just doesn't know how to filter though).

Thought it was good, not as good as the first but it was solid. My only complaint is how Drax was used. I thought he was supposed to be a "destroyer" not comic relief. I need less laughing, more destroying!

Hopefully in Avengers next year, he goes back to how he was in the first movie. I don't think there'll be a need for much comic relief in that movie. If so, they can get it from other characters

Got back from GOTG2, and while I didn't think it had the magic as the first did, it still was a great film with the highlights being definitely Kurt Russel, Michael Rooker, Bradley Cooper and Chris Pratt.

I am actually not a fan of Baby Groot, which surprises me. I also find it, the best looking Marvel film, and that the soundtrack is great aswell.

I'd see it, as it does good. But I don't think it's the amazing film that the first was.

Just saw Guardians.

Awesome part two to a movie.

Great Character development.

Not so sure I agree with reviews I've heard about it lacking. Personally.

I think it's one of the most beautiful marvel movies created thus far. Colors and views of landscapes and atmospheres.

I'd also argue as Guardians being Avenger like defining the galaxy .

They lived up to guarding the universe.

Reactions: snayberry
I enjoyed it, but it's one of the MCU's weakest in a couple of years. I need to see it again to form a definitive opinion.

:rolleyes:

The over cheesy dad playing catch with his son scene was cringe worthy and eye rolling worthy. They played the emotional aspects to a lifetime original movie level. Civil War did emotional and serious much better without me being this is cheesy and forced.

The over cheesy dad playing catch with his son scene was cringe worthy and eye rolling worthy. They played the emotional aspects to a lifetime original movie level. Civil War did emotional and serious much better without me being this is cheesy and forced.

See, I thought of that as the opposite strangely.

I believe, that they handled the character development amazingly, with great highlights for mostly everyone. As I said though, I am not a fan of Baby Groot, but that I am happy for characters like Peter, Nebula, Ego, Yondu and Rocket get amazing highlights in this. It is amazing, and that I am going to most likely be the only one in saying that.

See, I thought of that as the opposite strangely.

I believe, that they handled the character development amazingly, with great highlights for mostly everyone. As I said though, I am not a fan of Baby Groot, but that I am happy for characters like Peter, Nebula, Ego, Yondu and Rocket get amazing highlights in this. It is amazing, and that I am going to most likely be the only one in saying that.

Yondu was fine and I can definitely see why they hit on his story since he was the main tie in to the next film so his character development was most important so I get that (they should've showed some flashback of him in the original guardians so people could understand his role better). Kid Groot (He wasn't really a baby more like a 5 year old) got old really fast as well. Drax played the comic relief extremely well. Mantis also was rather entertaining provided she was more baby like in her mindset and innocence in the world than kid Groot. This film came off as the Starlord movie than the guardians movie and I'm not sure I enjoyed that aspect of the film.

Yondu was fine and I can definitely see why they hit on his story since he was the main tie in to the next film so his character development was most important so I get that (they should've showed some flashback of him in the original guardians so people could understand his role better). Kid Groot (He wasn't really a baby more like a 5 year old) got old really fast as well. Drax played the comic relief extremely well. Mantis also was rather entertaining provided she was more baby like in her mindset and innocence in the world than kid Groot. This film came off as the Starlord movie than the guardians movie and I'm not sure I enjoyed that aspect of the film.

I'd agree that they should've balanced the Guardians a bit more than just being more on Star-lord. And that I get why, as the story has focused albeit more on him even though he is the leader of a colorful space-team that kicks ass and call's names.

I mean, when you can save the galaxy twice, you would atleast want a bigger payraise to allow it to happen.

As for Ego..I'll just talk on spoilers.

I honestly, when first hearing about Ego being Peter's father caught me off guard and that I was somewhat hesitant. This film, is about family. And that with more time for Yondu, we can fully understand his and Peter's relationships, and that I wouldn't be surprised if we see him in a flashback for Infinity War/Gauntlet (I know that's not the official name of the fourth, but it might as well be).

That said, the ending pulled a large punch, as they handled the death of Yondu gracefully and in one of the best way's in the MCU thus far. And, that they did something that honestly puts Spocks Funeral to shame.

I'd agree that they should've balanced the Guardians a bit more than just being more on Star-lord. And that I get why, as the story has focused albeit more on him even though he is the leader of a colorful space-team that kicks ass and call's names.

I mean, when you can save the galaxy twice, you would atleast want a bigger payraise to allow it to happen.

As for Ego..I'll just talk on spoilers.

I honestly, when first hearing about Ego being Peter's father caught me off guard and that I was somewhat hesitant. This film, is about family. And that with more time for Yondu, we can fully understand his and Peter's relationships, and that I wouldn't be surprised if we see him in a flashback for Infinity War/Gauntlet (I know that's not the official name of the fourth, but it might as well be).

That said, the ending pulled a large punch, as they handled the death of Yondu gracefully and in one of the best way's in the MCU thus far. And, that they did something that honestly puts Spocks Funeral to shame.

I don't know. I kinda like the way they handled it. Even though it was Peter's conflict at the core, at least it was a character driven plot rather than a cheap McGuffin like the original. I think the fairer criticism is that they essentially went the Empire route with how they handled the characters. But I liked it a lot. I think it's not just as fresh as surprising as the first one, but it's a fair more finely crafted movie, IMO.

Agreed on the ending. The ending was my favorite in the MCU, and the fight scene Yondu/Rocket share is probably my favorite so far as well.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Maybe it's just me, but I don't get the "Doesn't have the magic/feel of the first one" comment. No one expected this franchise to be a thing until it came out and took everyone by surprise; so everyone went in with pretty much zero expectation - especially since the character's comic backstory is rarely known unless YOU ARE REALLY into comics so there was nothing to complain that they deviated from.

With the sequel, it had high expectations and officially kicked off the Summer movie season, and the cast's (Mostly Pratt and Batista) starpower has risen. Of course it's going to feel different.