Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 3 | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 3

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
GotG 3 brought in $60.5M and only dropped 48.9% in it’s second Weekend, giving the movie the best hold of any Multiverse Saga film, beating out Shang-Chi’s 54% drop.

The 48.9% is the best Marvel hold in general since Black Panther’s 44.7% drop back in 2018.
Word of mouth is helping the movie. I want Marvel to be rewarded by making good movies so I hope it helps!

It's a James Gunn movie, what more is there to say? Few others an jam together emotion, excitement, crass humor, heart and passion into a great blend of character and wit. Probably my least favorite of the GotG franchise but that's like saying it's your least favorite flavor at the cheesecake factory.

The music felt a little 'off' this time around and it was just a little TOO bloated (the Ogcorp planet really wasn't necessary but all the side cameos and the action itself was hilarious so I can't hate it too much) but what a fun, fun, funny, gut punch of a film. Chukwudi Iwuji absolutely brings it as the villainous High Evolutionary and really sticks out as one of the better villains in the entire MCU.

It legitimately makes me kinda upset that James Gunn is going to spend the next decade-whatever creating and overseeing projects in the DCU. All means kudos to him for getting the bag as much as he can but it's going to be a shame to see him not creating more original, fun, absurd characters and adventures. If anyone can get me interested in the DCU, it'd be him.

Reactions: Nico and SeventyOne
It's a James Gunn movie, what more is there to say? Few others an jam together emotion, excitement, crass humor, heart and passion into a great blend of character and wit. Probably my least favorite of the GotG franchise but that's like saying it's your least favorite flavor at the cheesecake factory.

The music felt a little 'off' this time around and it was just a little TOO bloated (the Ogcorp planet really wasn't necessary but all the side cameos and the action itself was hilarious so I can't hate it too much) but what a fun, fun, funny, gut punch of a film. Chukwudi Iwuji absolutely brings it as the villainous High Evolutionary and really sticks out as one of the better villains in the entire MCU.

It legitimately makes me kinda upset that James Gunn is going to spend the next decade-whatever creating and overseeing projects in the DCU. All means kudos to him for getting the bag as much as he can but it's going to be a shame to see him not creating more original, fun, absurd characters and adventures. If anyone can get me interested in the DCU, it'd be him.
I’m 100% in on Gunn’s DCU based on everything I’ve seen from him, but I also think he needs to be careful to make sure that not every movie is similar to a James Gunn movie.

He needs to balance different tones out and, if I was him, I’d try to secure the Russo Brothers for a movie. I’d also try to get someone like the Daniels’.

Reactions: Nico and SeventyOne
True.

I adore the Guardians of the Galaxy because they're the perfect embodiment of that group of outcast/losers who turn into a family for one other and also save the day. And I also love Gunn's Suicide Squad, which is another perfect embodiment of a group of outcasts/losers who turn into a family for one another on the course of saving the day.

I'm already a little weary of his DCU output because it already looked like a few of that similar trope just with new characters. A new version of Swamp Monster, other new things though? Sign me up.

I’m 100% in on Gunn’s DCU based on everything I’ve seen from him, but I also think he needs to be careful to make sure that not every movie is similar to a James Gunn movie.

He needs to balance different tones out and, if I was him, I’d try to secure the Russo Brothers for a movie. I’d also try to get someone like the Daniels’.
Gunn already said Superman Legacy will have a much different tone the GOTG. But I still hope some aspects of GOTG trickle down into this. But considering how much WB so clearly bungled the outgoing DCEU in a desperate attempt to catch to the MCU, I am sure this will be a massive improvement. It already sounds like that are naturally building up this Gunn DCU instead of prematurely rushing into Batman V Superman and then Justice League like the first time around.

While I saw it a week after it came out, just wanted to throw my hat in the ring that this was a great end to the trilogy and fitting send off to the OG team. The emotional roller coaster this movie had had moments where I wasn't expecting to go as hard as it did. Though, given the intensity, I wouldn't fault someone for wanting to skim past certain bits for how dark they get.

Aside from that, they really pushed the PG-13 rating to its limits, like the HE's real face for instance. Also, this could not have been a better MCU movie to have the honor of having the first full PG-13 f-bomb, and it was pretty well placed that it caught me off guard. Right up there with Venom LTBC's usage of it for me.

Didn't even realize this thread was here.

Full disclosure - I am not a big MCU fan, but the Guardians movies kinda stand as their own thing for me. This movie was very funny and a fitting end to the trilogy.

And a GUT PUNCH, that's for sure.

I'd wonder if Gunn's new position as DCU head would allow him to make future Marvel projects, either in basic premise or sheer timing capabilities.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95