Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 130 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone still putting their hat in the 'invert' ring? Or are we sure it is a sit-down type

The track is definitely under the coaster leaving the station. It technically could be a stand up or flying coaster, but I'd go 99.something% sit down.

B&M are over rated now.

B&M's are extremely reliable people eaters that most of the GP love. You usually don't get into people calling them overrated till you start talking to coaster enthusiasts.

The track is definitely under the coaster leaving the station. It technically could be a stand up or flying coaster, but I'd go 99.something% sit down.

B&M's are extremely reliable people eaters that most of the GP love. You usually don't get into people calling them overrated till you start talking to coaster enthusiasts.

True but I’m pished.

B&M are still pretty damn good when it comes to their speed demons, I gotta give them that. But for Universal at least, gotta go for innovation.

Hard to imagine that a year from now this will be nearing soft openings and Universal hasn't even announced a damn thing beyond "it's coming!" That's them in a nutshell.

Reactions: Joel and tankart150
Imho if you want a “rollercoaster” you go to B&M. Anything else is a poor second place. But in this case universal don’t want a rollercoaster they want a Harry Potter attraction. But it really grates that they take away two B&Ms and replace them with a family ride.
They really need to build a mako beater for an area that doesn’t need full immersion like the WWoHP does

Before Mako opened I would have agreed, but Mako is just so dang fun.

Mako is hands down the best coaster in Orlando. I'll take air time over inversions every day of the week.

My big issue with B&M is that they're pretty much all the same now. You have a few exceptions like Hulk with it's launch but that's about it.

The standard B&M sit down goes; loop, Dive Loop, Zero-G Roll, Cobra Roll, Brakes and then either a loop and a corkscrew or two corkscrews.

Connecting some dots, I have a hunch that Universal are planning to make an announcement about this coaster on 3rd April with the launch of a new website and I think they will announce F&F opening date along with it.

Last edited:
I love me some B&M. Mako and Manta are great, but I’m not sure how much longer they (Kraken too but I wasn’t too crazy about it so eh) are going to be open. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Mako is hands down the best coaster in Orlando. I'll take air time over inversions every day of the week.

My big issue with B&M is that they're pretty much all the same now. You have a few exceptions like Hulk with it's launch but that's about it.

The standard B&M sit down goes; loop, Dive Loop, Zero-G Roll, Cobra Roll, Brakes and then either a loop and a corkscrew or two corkscrews.
And mako is just a poor mans shambhala.
There’s still a place for Adrenalin pumping thrills, but it seems not at universal.

This is probably a discussion for elsewhere, but they pretty much stick to a working formula at this point...The only innovation with them that I've seen recently is restraints...Not saying it is good or bad, Apple for instance, sticks to a pretty rigorous formula...But it is worth discussing, and a great point

Looong story short...I don't think this is a B&M :lol:

This is probably a discussion for elsewhere, but they pretty much stick to a working formula at this point...The only innovation with them that I've seen recently is restraints...Not saying it is good or bad, Apple for instance, sticks to a pretty rigorous formula...But it is worth discussing, and a great point

Looong story short...I don't think this is a B&M :lol:

B&Ms are massive workhorses when it comes to eating crowds. I'd imagine that Hulk and DC probably had more riders than any other B&M.

We know that this is going to be an Intamin which allows for a lot more creativity.

B&M are hands down the best in the business. The majority of my top 20 coasters have to be B&M. They're always smooth, always reliable, and most of the time have the best capacity.

I love a good intamin too...but they've been known to be unreliable and have a horrible record with past accidents...

That all being said, I truly hope Sea World builds a sweet B&M invert down the line to replace the loss of Dragons....and whatever this Potter coaster is better be good!

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Not as you are riding it. You're looking down and out at the scenery, not over your own head.

I hope Alicia is right about the vehicle. I do not want to see a line of Sirius Black motorcycles or Ford Anglias. Only carriages or brooms make sense theming-wise.
yeah I'm in this boat too. Its just too much in my opinion, a regular coaster vehicle with mild theming would actually be more sexy than this motorbike thing. The bike thing just looks really childish.

Status
Not open for further replies.