Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 150 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst of all this is that by the end of the year, most the track will be built along with the show buildings and then we wait 6 months while all the interior scenes are completed with virtually nothing to see.

If you guys noticed, there are some pretty tall support beams relatively speaking. It may go above ground quite a bit more than I personally thought based on the Insider info here.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-04-02 15.02.28.png
    Screenshot 2018-04-02 15.02.28.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 47
Reactions: Coasted
If you guys noticed, there are some pretty tall support beams relatively speaking. It may go above ground quite a bit more than I personally thought based on the Insider info here.
Some supports will be at a 45 degree angle to support track that goes over water or other items below, so they will need to be long but not necessarily go up very high. Also, as mentioned, the track will overlap itself a few times, so that'll be more than twice as high as the current supports being installed.

Some supports will be at a 45 degree angle to support track that goes over water or other items below, so they will need to be long but not necessarily go up very high. Also, as mentioned, the track will overlap itself a few times, so that'll be more than twice as high as the current supports being installed.
Good points!

I wish you knew more about MoM, Shrek, DM/production central, Lagoon show, VB expansion, Seuss, LC replacement, TL replacement, Marvel, JW, 3rd Dry Park, etc etc etc. Granted, most of those are pie in the sky- but some (USF Lagoon) are under construction and we don't have any concrete info on.

I'm spoiled with you re: This and SNW.

I wish you knew more about MoM, Shrek, DM/production central, Lagoon show, VB expansion, Seuss, LC replacement, TL replacement, Marvel, JW, 3rd Dry Park, etc etc etc. Granted, most of those are pie in the sky- but some (USF Lagoon) are under construction and we don't have any concrete info on.

I'm spoiled with you re: This and SNW.
Yea, if some of these things were a little more farther along, I'd probably have more info on them.

As for T2 replacement and lagoon show, I don't usually get my grubby hands on details from Entertainment run projects, which I assume those are.

Intamin has always used round plates and a ring of bolts to tie their supports to their track. The new wave breaker seems to have rectangular plates, but uses an H beam for supports. If this is an Intamin, this would be something different for them.

Intamin has always used round plates and a ring of bolts to tie their supports to their track. The new wave breaker seems to to have rectangular plates, but uses an H beam for supports. If this is an Intamin, this would be something different for them.

Good knowledge :thumbsup:

I thought we already classified this as Intamin, due to the group setting the track up is responsible for all of the other US installations of Intamin's coasters? Did something change?

I thought we already classified this as Intamin, due to the group setting the track up is responsible for all of the other US installations of Intamin's coasters? Did something change?

I've heard Intamin before that. As I said before Intamin likes to value engineer and outsource manufacturing, so supports change all the time.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
After looking at the aerials from the storage yard, I'm seeing what looks like some of the more typical Intamin pieces with the round ring mating collar. I'm not sure why they switch to a plate style for the supports that are already standing, but that's engineering for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.