Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 167 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Do we have any word if the trains will be similar to Mummy/Gringotts or a more traditional coaster train with 7 cars?

If it’s similar to Mummy, that’s going to be one hell of a backwards drop.

Reactions: Peter and Alicia

Do we have any word if the trains will be similar to Mummy/Gringotts or a more traditional coaster train with 7 cars?

If it’s similar to Mummy, that’s going to be one hell of a backwards drop.

I still do not know the RV style, but I am still leaning towards Cheetah Hunt's style vehicles, but minus one car on the train maybe.

Reactions: Dhdhddh
Mostly outdoors. Only three small sections inside of buildings scattered throughout the ride.

But there will still be heavily themed scenes with animatronic characters, even outside.

Do you think that they will use the Maverick style trains (Cedar Point coaster)? That ride has a lot of twists and turns and goes low to the ground. Although, I hope that this new coaster doesn't jerk around as much. It snaps the neck a bit fiercely and has ear pounding OTSR's.

Do you think that they will use the Maverick style trains (Cedar Point coaster)? That ride has a lot of twists and turns and goes low to the ground. Although, I hope that this new coaster doesn't jerk around as much. It snaps the neck a bit fiercely and has ear pounding OTSR's.

This is what I'm hoping for, but instead of OTSRs it is a lapbar. Also I doubt the ride will be that intense or invert.

I thought since they changed the OTSR's on Maverick that it didn't head bang any more. At least the last time I was there it didn't seem that way.

That being said, like Joe, I doubt it'll have OTSR's on this one.

All the details about this ride seem to be perfect for this new Harry Potter addition. Although I love coasters, I really hope this coaster stands out for its immersive experience. I love forbidden journey and, in my opinion, is the best ride of all theme parks I have visited in the U.S. I hope the J.K./W.B/ Universal Creative team spend time to build onto the coaster experience. I love the AAs coming and hope the set design is fantastic. I even don't mind screens in the background to add to the walls of the small indoor scenes. I know there will not be screens in this ride and maybe will not add anything with the speed of the coaster, but I feel screens can really add an element if used as extra and not the main focus.

I know no one wants to be a part of the Universal vs. Disney debate, but in my mind with rides like Forbidden Journey, Spiderman, and The Mummy Universal is 1 in my book. If the new Star Wars ride is anything like the Pirates ride in Shanghai (which is tied for me with Mystic Manor in Hong Kong as my favorite ride in the world) , Universal needs a new innovative ride like FJ, so they can still have the number 1 ride in the U.S. in my book. I even don't mind lower level rides like F&F if they just give me that one shocker every 10 years or so. Haha i know no one cares about my book but those are my feelings on Universal right now.

Last edited:
I thought since they changed the OTSR's on Maverick that it didn't head bang any more. At least the last time I was there it didn't seem that way.

That being said, like Joe, I doubt it'll have OTSR's on this one.
Can confirm, Maverick has softer restraints that decrease the headbanging to the point where you forget it even has OSTR’s.

Anyways, what is the general consensus on the trains? Is it still being themed to Hagrid’s motorbike? Ford Anglia?

Reactions: JoeCamel
@AliciaStella, what are the odds the number of expected AAs are cut down like they were for Kong?
If anything was cut it was before I got wind of anything. So far everything is as it was explained to me several months ago. Still on track. (Maybe even ahead of schedule!) if things get cut I may not know until I’m riding it to be honest.

(Also, no AAs were cut from Kong ‘s Actual construction plans. We just believed rumors that weren’t true, or early blue sky pitches. The ride ended up matching what I heard exactly at the end of the day.)

It seems like apx. 4 minutes is the sweet spot Universal & Disney have been looking for on most of their newer attractions. I would guess there's enough slow downs, or even a complete stop,to wring apx. 4 minutes out of this layout.

Reactions: Ryno27
Status
Not open for further replies.