Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 168 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like apx. 4 minutes is the sweet spot Universal & Disney have been looking for on most of their newer attractions. I would guess there's enough slow downs, or even a complete stop,to wring apx. 4 minutes out of this layout.
Without lift hills it's reaaaaaaally hard to get a ride time like that out of a coaster. I'm guessing it'll be about 3 minutes. If it's any longer, I think it means it's a really, really slow coaster

Without lift hills it's reaaaaaaally hard to get a ride time like that out of a coaster. I'm guessing it'll be about 3 minutes. If it's any longer, I think it means it's a really, really slow coaster
Cheetah Hunt is 1:30 from launch to final breaks and that's actually a pretty long launched coaster (4,000+ feet) but that has no stops and no changes in direction. I think 2:30 - 3:00 is reasonable if you take into account two pauses in the action for a brief showscene and a change of direction.

Cheetah Hunt is 1:30 from launch to final breaks and that's actually a pretty long launched coaster (4,000+ feet) but that has no stops and no changes in direction. I think 2:30 - 3:00 is reasonable if you take into account two pauses in the action for a brief showscene and a change of a direction.
Agreed.

Reactions: SpatulaShack
It seems like apx. 4 minutes is the sweet spot Universal & Disney have been looking for on most of their newer attractions. I would guess there's enough slow downs, or even a complete stop,to wring apx. 4 minutes out of this layout.
This is a coaster. With launches. There's no way it clocks in anywhere near 4 minutes.

Even if there is a preshow, there's plenty of room in that building for one, that doesn't affect the ride time.
Exactly. I hate how people are starting to count pre-shows as part of the ride now... it's like Universal is conditioning it's guests to not care as much if the ride isn't good because the queues are cool!

Luckily this ride seems like it should be awesome so it won't have that issue. My point is we shouldn't be counting pre-shows as part of the ride time.

(I mean people did the same thing with FOP and that queue/preshow isn't even any good)

:bolt:
I mean the queue is pretty nice for FoP but i'm not counting that as part of my ride time.

And yes, the two pre-shows for FoP are trash. I'm not sure why theme parks go for the "awkward" character. The "Awkward" character-type is portrayed bad in both FoP and F&F's pre-shows. It's just not something that is easy to pull off and make it appeal to audiences.

I mean the queue is pretty nice for FoP but i'm not counting that as part of my ride time.

And yes, the two pre-shows for FoP are trash. I'm not sure why theme parks go for the "awkward" character. The "Awkward" character-type is portrayed bad in both FoP and F&F's pre-shows. It's just not something that is easy to pull off and make it appeal to audiences.
If it makes you feel uncomfortable or facepalm then the “awkward” character is working.

Cheetah Hunt is 1:30 from launch to final breaks and that's actually a pretty long launched coaster (4,000+ feet) but that has no stops and no changes in direction. I think 2:30 - 3:00 is reasonable if you take into account two pauses in the action for a brief showscene and a change of direction.
Wow, that ride feels so much longer than that...Paced very well

I think 2 minutes for a coaster is plenty...But ad in a couple of seconds for various pre-shows, and you have the first Universal ride in a long time that doesn't feel short

If it makes you feel uncomfortable or facepalm then the “awkward” character is working.
That's one way to look at it.

Another is that it's just a horrible character-type to use for a pre-show when you're supposed to be getting pumped up for the ride. The FoP one is just unforgivably bad (keep in mind i'm a huge fan of the actual ride). At least with F&F using live actors, they have the option to change the pre-show if they want down the line.

Reactions: Ryno27
That's one way to look at it.

Another is that it's just a horrible character-type to use for a pre-show when you're supposed to be getting pumped up for the ride. The FoP one is just unforgivably bad (keep in mind i'm a huge fan of the actual ride). At least with F&F using live actors, they have the option to change the pre-show if they want down the line.
And FoP can’t be re-recorded and changed pretty much overnight?

Status
Not open for further replies.