Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I think the only park that will truly suffer from all this expansion is DAK. In the next four years:

- USF: Super Nintendo World, F&F
- IOA: Hogsmeade expansion/Forbidden Forest attracion
- Potentially a third gate
- MK: Tron, new major stage show
- Epcot: Guardians of the Galaxy, Ratatouille
- DHS: Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, Toy Story Land, Mickey Mouse

That leaves DAK with... literally no new attractions coming up. And I think when people have to decide between going to Star Wars, Harry Potter, Nintendo, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Avatar... nobody's gonna choose Avatar. :cautious:
You don't think they will fix the Yeti in that time? If they did that DAK would have a 20% boost just from the bloggers riding Everest.

...and that's fine. It's my own preference and my own experiences. I just didn't enjoy the place as much this year as it felt very samey and I started to reminisce. Perhaps, slightly through nostalgic eyes for lost attractions, perhaps as a rejection of the screen city entrance plaza, maybe the loss of great AA rides like Kong & Jaws (ET was also shut this trip that didn't help) I don't know...it's just how I saw things in that particular park this time around.
I can understand that. For me, Islands and Universal were both better back in the 2000's. I say that because the value of the dollar spent in/on park tickets/experiences and the pure originality of the parks can not be matched today.

I will say the parks today are enjoyable for me though. I like growth and creativity. While Universals Creative team doesnt seam too be too open minded on creativity and boundaries, they make attractions the average family can enjoy and thats what counts.

I'll personally miss the days of Anamatronics and coasters. It is what it is though.

You can view HP as being an aging IP but as long as the Fantastic Beasts films are happening, HP will still be alive and relevant and I don't doubt for a second that HP won't do what Star Wars did and bring back the original cast in 20 years for a new film and start the whole process again.

I actually think we may see a reboot at some point. Going back and watching the first movie it looks so ancient. They could do so more with even today's tech not to mention whatever is available in 2030 or whenever. The books also have so much more material that they could incorporate to change the movies up so that they aren't a straight remake. They would make big money. It's just a question of how much backlash would there be from fans of the existing movies.

idk about reboots bc they still have another 3-4 movies coming out with fantastic beast then they might do a cursed child movie.

Honestly, I think the only park that will truly suffer from all this expansion is DAK. In the next four years:

That leaves DAK with... literally no new attractions coming up. And I think when people have to decide between going to Star Wars, Harry Potter, Nintendo, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Avatar... nobody's gonna choose Avatar. :cautious:
Chester & Hesters Dinorama is not long for this world.

I think you mean SeaWorld.

Am I right in thinking that's odd that the permit is covering all of Hogsmeade..? I feel like that's different?
different, but I like it.

I have to imagine they'll be removing the lockers, plus the entire wall along the border of Dragon Challenge and the rest of Hogsmeade. I wonder if that wall was put there because of JKR's dislike of the coasters being there.

different, but I like it.

I have to imagine they'll be removing the lockers, plus the entire wall along the border of Dragon Challenge and the rest of Hogsmeade. I wonder if that wall was put there because of JKR's dislike of the coasters being there.

I think the wall stays. Lockers will have to be removed.

Reactions: Mike S
Back on topic.

@RichOBJ has a new article up showing Project 942 is Potter and that it'll affect areas in Lost Continent and backstage areas of Jurassic Park.

http://bizj.us/1p9q3b

So yeah.... that long line down the west side of the property sure looks like it would make a pretty good area for an out and back hyper layout...

By no means does that mean I think that's what they are going to do, but after seeing that, I'm not as sure that it's not going to happen as I was when that rumor started.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
I think the wall stays. Lockers will have to be removed.

Why don't you think so? If they're doing any sort of expansion to Hogsmeade, I think that wall would be removed.

Can I post the image from the article here? If not - it looks like they're routing a lot of the storm water basin to the Jurassic Park one. I tried my best to trace it below:

hp.gif

Reactions: LieutLaww
Why don't you think so? If they're doing any sort of expansion to Hogsmeade, I think that wall would be removed.

Can I post the image from the article here? If not - it looks like they're routing a lot of the storm water basin to the Jurassic Park one. I tried my best to trace it below:

View attachment 5005

Which wall is being talked about, the one that's the entrance for DC?

If that's it, then I agree with Joe on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.