Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno, I think it very well could be a goner. Opening up that area would be a great thing for Hogsmeade
Possibly, but I still can't see it for the life of me. Maybe I'm wrong, (and I have been wrong); but that I am not going to be surprised that they board that wall up, as Hollywood AND Osaka both have had it walled up on their respected versions.

Possibly, but I still can't see it for the life of me. Maybe I'm wrong, (and I have been wrong); but that I am not going to be surprised that they board that wall up, as Hollywood AND Osaka both have had it walled up on their respected versions.

Neither of those have the real Hogwarts Express though.

I just think opening that area has more benefits than negatives.

Reactions: LJGonz and Mike S
FWIW I would not read much into the area it's showing. Pretty sure that's just the area that the Dragons retention pond is supposed to take care of, not where the ride will be going

This. While this is an important part of the step towards the construction, this is more for water purposes. Developments have impacts on stormwater retention/runoff and that can include a larger area than the actual construction area. This map just shows where they are in the process and a look at how large of an impact they think this will be construction wise that they have to look at the water impacts of the entire Hogsmeade areas + LC + back of JP.

To me, this hints more towards Univeral wanting a Harry Potter themed resort to accompany their new attraction, with access to the resort running the backstage perimeter of IOA. But that's just pure speculation on my part.

Reactions: LJGonz
This. While this is an important part of the step towards the construction, this is more for water purposes. Developments have impacts on stormwater retention/runoff and that can include a larger area than the actual construction area. This map just shows where they are in the process and a look at how large of an impact they think this will be construction wise that they have to look at the water impacts of the entire Hogsmeade areas + LC + back of JP.

If I remember right, the road floods - so they're probably working to fix that.

:thumbsup:...Exactly

Can you put the bug in their ear to just built the black lake and great hall already so they can take all our money?

Appreciate the article- thanks Rich. Although it's your job... so thanks for doing your job, which is more than I'm doing for mine right now :bolt:

Reactions: Joel
There's no where to put that.
Lost Continent says hello!

Would you even need Lost Continent?

DC is 8 acres- the new ride might take up 3. 4 at the most? 600-room Aventura - with parking and a pool - is on 6 acres - so you're telling me a small botique hotel couldn't be made on 4-5? In particular if parking was done in an innovative way? Come now...

Personally, I'd rather they not. Unless, of course, they build Great Hall into it.

Last edited:
Lost Continent says hello!

Ugh. That'd be awful.

Would you even need Lost Continent?

DC is 8 acres- the new ride might take up 3. 4 at the most? 600-room Aventura - with parking -is on 6 acres- so you're telling me a small botique hotel couldn't be made on 4-5? Come now...

Personally, I'd rather they not. Unless, of course, they build Great Hall into it.

Yea and Adventura is like 10+ stories tall. We don't need to replace a steel coaster with a giant tower

Reactions: Mike S
Yea and Adventura is like 10+ stories tall. We don't need to replace a steel coaster with a giant tower

I don't remember saying it should be a 10+ story tall building with 600 rooms. I thought I said "a small botique hotel" :thumbsup:

I was just stating there is enough land back there to squeeze one in without needing to expand into JP or LC.

ETA: To go a little further- I don't believe it's happening. However; it could easily be in their "long-term" plans. Add this ride, leave the remaining spot for expansion- with plans and prep for the hotel in the wings- and they might do it, or it might end up in the trash and nothing comes to fruition.

Cottages (like the new Disney ones) in a magical Harry Potter forest sounds pretty nice to me, and nonintrusive to the theme park (not like that's stopped Universal in the past... they don't give a rat's about sightlines lol).

Reactions: Andysol
Can you put the bug in their ear to just built the black lake and great hall already so they can take all our money?

Appreciate the article- thanks Rich. Although it's your job... so thanks for doing your job, which is more than I'm doing for mine right now :bolt:

Lol. No prob. I'm a theme park fan first, journalist second ... don't tell my boss.

Reactions: Scott W.
Status
Not open for further replies.