Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 243 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you said it was going into a cave...That seems more like a well themed building at 2:05
Correct. He took some liberties. Plus, I think he started it before reading my article. I left a comment about the cave, so wonder if his new versions remove the building. The bridge at the end though, might be kinda close to right. Sorta.

The renewal price for an annual pass is such a good deal I can't imagine dropping it just because I didn't like the most recent attraction or two.

Disney is another matter. Discount is so small I didn't mind dropping it off for a while. Trouble for them is I never got another AP.

Correct. He took some liberties. Plus, I think he started it before reading my article. I left a comment about the cave, so wonder if his new versions remove the building. The bridge at the end though, might be kinda close to right. Sorta.
The lead to the backwards sections seems very steep, about a 90 degree angle. Will it indeed be like that? Seems too much for a family coaster, though of course I hope it will indeed be as steep as possible.

Looks pretty steep to me.

View attachment 6858

Hard to tell from the angles that I have viewed from pic's but it is definitely close to 70 degrees. The height is harder for me to figure out. That little front-end loader to the left is probably around six feet or so high. Using that as a poor guide, the spike looks to be close to 50 or 60 feet high. I could be WAY off, though. Falling backwards, the train should hit close to 40 mph or more. That is a good little rush. Just depends on if they restrict the speed on the descent.

I imagine more of a covered archway sorta thing...Maybe covered in vines to hide the brake run

Hard to tell from the angles that I have viewed from pic's but it is definitely close to 70 degrees. The height is harder for me to figure out. That little front-end loader to the left is probably around six feet or so high. Using that as a poor guide, the spike looks to be close to 50 or 60 feet high. I could be WAY off, though. Falling backwards, the train should hit close to 40 mph or more. That is a good little rush. Just depends on if they restrict the speed on the descent.

I keep seeing that piece of track and not realizing how big it is until I see a person for scale like in the bottom right under the blue tent.

Looks pretty steep to me.

View attachment 6858

Judging by the size of the digger next to the lift, and even the man under the blue tent (who doesn’t seem to be very close to the structure seeing that there is another structure with a tarp further away from him and behind that is the lift). The drop seems to be at least 35+ feet. Maybe more; and if you take into consideration how long the vehicle is. Sitting front row could mean an extra 5 feet from being back row. So I think this drop will be a pretty good height.

The renewal price for an annual pass is such a good deal I can't imagine dropping it just because I didn't like the most recent attraction or two.

Disney is another matter. Discount is so small I didn't mind dropping it off for a while. Trouble for them is I never got another AP.
When adding in food for each trip as well I saved quite a bit of money these last two years.

Judging by the size of the digger next to the lift, and even the man under the blue tent (who doesn’t seem to be very close to the structure seeing that there is another structure with a tarp further away from him and behind that is the lift). The drop seems to be at least 35+ feet. Maybe more; and if you take into consideration how long the vehicle is. Sitting front row could mean an extra 5 feet from being back row. So I think this drop will be a pretty good height.

If you assume that digger is 7ft, then the top of that tower is 80ft+ and if the train has 14 people and we're thinking 7 rows of 2, you could be talking about 20ft between the front and back riders.

hp height.png

I think this year has me rethinking things. I find it difficult to understand the value of a 20% discount for rentals verses the value of restating the 12 month clock. I think UNI saw me coming this year since they kicked in a free three months, that got me to renew w/o thinking. We only visit when we can stay overnight and i’m not sure we will visit before HHN (when I renewed, I did think we would go prior to HHN)...so now I feel I got three months free, but I won’t be up there for six months.

When adding in food for each trip as well I saved quite a bit of money these last two years.

Yep, and that makes my choices difficult still. As a family of three tend tend to be at the parks together, we only need one pass for the discounts, heck, even the other perks...free parking, but I am paying to park at the hotel if I stay on-site...morning entry, I get it if I stay on-site...seems like those benefits are only worth it if we stay off site.

They know how to mess with my head!

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Yep, and that makes my choices difficult still. As a family of three tend tend to be at the parks together, we only need one pass for the discounts, heck, even the other perks...free parking, but I am paying to park at the hotel if I stay on-site...morning entry, I get it if I stay on-site...seems like those benefits are only worth it if we stay off site.

They know how to mess with my head!
I meant my pass has been expired for 2 years.

I’ve got no problem just getting a new one next year.
Fun little bunny hop leading to the hut show scene:

View attachment 6884

I’ll post high res pics over the weekend, this is just from my phone.
Cant wait till the trees come in to see it all come together.

This has probably been covered, but I can't remember how the building queue is working into the story here. Are we to feel like we are entering a part of Hogwarts, a building in hogsmeade or a cave?

In the past the upper part of this building has been a castle type structure and the lower part a series of tunnels. Tunnels remind me of the passages in the Marauder's Map. Or is this just supposed to be some small cave passages?

When we get near the ride vehicles are we supposed to already be in the Forbidden Forest for traveling to it?

Last edited:
This has probably been covered, but I can't remember how the building queue is working into the story here. Are we to feel like for entering a part of Hogwarts, a building in hogsmeade or a cave?

In the past the upper part of this building has been a castle type structure and the lower part a series of tunnels. Tuttle's remind me of the passages in the Marauder's Map. Or is this just supposed to be some small cave passages?

When we get near the ride vehicles are we supposed to already be in the Forbidden Forest for traveling to it?
I don’t think we’re in the forest yet, hence the hut scene early on. Maybe halfway through it gets denser and we’re at the edge of the forest. No clue how the queue will be, but I’ve heard some of the architectural style will be similar to Hogwarts around there.

Status
Not open for further replies.