Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 260 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One think I'm a bit worried for is how well they'll be able to make the transition from the drop track to the final launch. Thirteen goes directly from the drop to the launch and that works very well, but this has to go through the track switch which might cause a bit of a dead spot if they don't hide it well.
Riders won’t notice there’s a track switch. It’ll just seem like one path to us. It only switches between trains, after we pass; A/B style.

Reactions: Ryno27
One think I'm a bit worried for is how well they'll be able to make the transition from the drop track to the final launch. Thirteen goes directly from the drop to the launch and that works very well, but this has to go through the track switch which might cause a bit of a dead spot if they don't hide it well.

You’ll be going through the first track switch backwards so I don’t think you’ll notice and you’ll be launching out the building and you’ll be past the track switch before you know it.

Theoretically, it can't launch until after it clears the switch track unlike Thirteen and Verbolten. At least not at full speed, you would hit the turn on the switch to hard. So it would be drop-> awkward slow bit-> launch. There may be a clever way around that issue, however.

Just needed some info to make sure this whole ride is accurate and exact. I made the this first section a slanted steady speed section.
5DBFC4BE-BCA1-4A4C-AE88-BD2970603A22.jpeg

I didn’t know how many drive tires there were in this section so I just put three, with the third set of tires being the launch out of the hut. I didnt know what speed the car would go in this section, so I thought 5 -6 mph was a good guess??
ACED9CA6-325D-493A-A2A4-55CC8BCAE7BF.jpeg

I don’t know if the launch sections was really fast or even in this part but I chose to make it 14mph and before the right turn. Another thing, I don’t know if drive tires should be on a slanted piece of track but it’s how this worked best. DF762B26-7EC8-49E4-A729-6A906BD9400A.jpeg
I didn’t know how big the drop was or even if there was a significant dip before the second launch but the track before the hut section is at higher level than the second major launch. I made the dip around 3ft. Anyone know if there even is a dip?
9F092D04-87D8-421E-9784-3868209F7DD9.jpeg

If anyone thinks or even knows this section is wrong please lmk and if you could give some insight on speed or accuracy that would be amazing.

Just needed some info to make sure this whole ride is accurate and exact. I made the this first section a slanted steady speed section.
View attachment 7073

I didn’t know how many drive tires there were in this section so I just put three, with the third set of tires being the launch out of the hut. I didnt know what speed the car would go in this section, so I thought 5 -6 mph was a good guess??
View attachment 7074

I don’t know if the launch sections was really fast or even in this part but I chose to make it 14mph and before the right turn. Another thing, I don’t know if drive tires should be on a slanted piece of track but it’s how this worked best. View attachment 7075
I didn’t know how big the drop was or even if there was a significant dip before the second launch but the track before the hut section is at higher level than the second major launch. I made the dip around 3ft. Anyone know if there even is a dip?
View attachment 7076

If anyone thinks or even knows this section is wrong please lmk and if you could give some insight on speed or accuracy that would be amazing.
I could be wrong but I think the left turn through the hut is completely flat, and banking doesn't start until the right turn, and there is no dip from what I can tell from the aerials. I think you could make the turns a bit tighter, and as for speeds, I just threw in some random values (around 5-8mph) since we have no real way of knowing until the ride opens.
screenshot-2018-06-26-22-40-18.png
screenshot-2018-06-26-22-40-31.png

I could be wrong but I think the left turn through the hut is completely flat, and banking doesn't start until the right turn, and there is no dip from what I can tell from the aerials. I think you could make the turns a bit tighter, and as for speeds, I just threw in some random values (around 5-8mph) since we have no real way of knowing until the ride opens
I could be wrong but I think the left turn through the hut is completely flat, and banking doesn't start until the right turn, and there is no dip from what I can tell from the aerials. I think you could make the turns a bit tighter, and as for speeds, I just threw in some random values (around 5-8mph) since we have no real way of knowing until the ride opens.
screenshot-2018-06-26-22-40-18.png
screenshot-2018-06-26-22-40-31.png

You do launch out of the hut on the right turnt, and that’s why it banks during that section right ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.