Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 288 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the subject of the drop track section.

The Intamin version of this (Th13teen) can reset in mere seconds. It’s actually the fastest part of the ride to be ready for the next train, the roller shutter on the building takes longer to raise or lower than the entire ride mechanism.

There has to be a reason for the double tracks beyond reset time.

Is it out of the question for riders to actually see the other drop in action whilst waiting on the track next to it?

On the subject of the drop track section.

The Intamin version of this (Th13teen) can reset in mere seconds. It’s actually the fastest part of the ride to be ready for the next train, the roller shutter on the building takes longer to raise or lower than the entire ride mechanism.

Is it out of the question for riders to actually see the other drop in action whilst waiting on the track next to it?

Maybe the split drop track have different scenes and alternate for re-rideability? Maybe in one scene it's Voldemort the other being Aragog, same outcome but different characters.

Maybe the split drop track have different scenes and alternate for re-rideability? Maybe in one scene it's Voldemort the other being Aragog, same outcome but different characters.
That's exactly what I was thinking. Some of the other drop tracks have the ability to swap theme for the drop. Even though it's Mack, Verbolten has a few variations for it's drop track. I recall seeing a video of one of the other drop tracked Intamins that had a different scenario for each drop. So it's not out of the question to think we'll see something similar.

The Intamin version of this
This is Intamin, they’re using the same mechanism as Thirteen.

I don’t think the issue is reset time with the drop track itself, but how long the show scene itself is. If it was too long with only one drop track, the next train would have to sit on the brakes waiting for the scene to finish and the drop to reset.

I’d imagine that they’ll end up separating them into two rooms so that you can’t see the mechanism on the track next to you while you drop.

Neither Hogwarts Express or Flight of the Hippogriff have his name in the title. At this point, they’ve created a world. I don’t think his name needs to rubber stamped on everything.
Knowing that this is supposed to compete marketing wise with Star Wars, it is highly possible that they will use "Harry Potter" in the title to make those marketing efforts more effective and concise.

Looking at the backside of the movie model near the castle grounds there's a gate house that looks very similar to the Dragon Challenge queue building.

Sets.de.Filmes.1.jpg

Looking at the backside of the movie model near the castle grounds there's a gate house that looks very similar to the Dragon Challenge queue building.

Sets.de.Filmes.1.jpg
And castle walls that extend on either side as well. In my video, I use this area (or rather, an area that is aesthetically similar,) from the films to show what I believe the theming for the new coaster to be. On the edge of the forest, near Hagrid's Hut, but without venturing too deeply into the forest.

themed-elements.jpg

Driving Destination Parkway today there seemed to be two tall wooden structures stored on the new plot of land that resembled Wooden Bridge Support Tresses. I couldn't grab a pic but they're right off Destination Parkway near the new roadway.
Just drove past and I think they're for something else. I can see a resemblance, but they're a bit too industrial looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.