Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damned if you do damned if you don’t.

I mean that post is a bit off... Epcot is currently engaging in a previously announced renewal/expansion that has two new attractions being built... of course fans will celebrate more news of the renewal especially when it’s fixing major complaints over changes made to the park. (Not your post, the tweet)

The name is a good way to connect a Fantastic Beast area in the new park with the Potter areas at IOA & USF. It's like a natural introduction.........Just curious. now with the new 'Hagrid's Coaster'(that's what I'll call it for short), the Hogsmeade HE station and the area in front of it that was LC, Hogsmeade Village and Hogwarts Castle, what is the total acreage of this IOA Potter land? Anyone measure it recently?

I was about to ask this earlier before all he’ll broke loose.

With the length of the cars, if you’re at the back, how far do you think you’ll go up the spike?

The name is a good way to connect a Fantastic Beast area in the new park with the Potter areas at IOA & USF. It's like a natural introduction.........Just curious. now with the new 'Hagrid Coaster'(that's what I'll call it for short), the Hogsmeade HE station and the area in front of it that was LC, Hogsmeade Village and Hogwarts Castle, what is the total acreage of this IOA Potter land? Anyone measure it recently?

Give me half an hour and I’ll check. :thumbsup:

Well, this explains why they haven't started building the rockwork needed for the flying car in scene 3... They moved it to the cave opening before the spike!

Pic from Attractions:

View attachment 8982

Not a world ending change but it’s more disappointing than not enclosing the spike. Might have all been part of the cut backs I heard of in 2017.

I was about to ask this earlier before all he’ll broke loose.

With the length of the cars, if you’re at the back, how far do you think you’ll go up the spike?
Good point. Like riding the front seat of Gringotts and not having to drop down very far on the teeter totter.

Not a world ending change it’s a more disappointing one than them not enclosing the spike. Might have all been part of the cut backs I heard of in 2017.
Or tests showed that in an outside environment the car movement looked fake as heck? Probably just cuts.

They are.

View attachment 8983

View attachment 8984

(Credit: @RollermanDan)

Just because it may look wonky on the media art, it doesn't mean it's fake.
There is a difference. The coaster cars could look like a motor and side car but still have you seated as in a regular coaster car in both parts. (as Alicia explained)
But in the concept art it looks actually you are seating like on the Boosterbike in Toverland when sitting on the bike part.

But Joe tells me the it's real and I trust in Joe. ;-)

There is a difference. The coaster cars could look like a motor and side car but still have you seated as in a regular coaster car in both parts. (as Alicia explained)
But in the concept art it looks actually you are seating like on the Boosterbike in Toverland when sitting on the bike part.

As we’ve been saying they’ll look like the concept art and be normal coaster restraints/vehicles. Nothing like Tron. (I’ve seen them)

That's because it isn't going to be like the Boosterbike/Tron Lightcycle Power Run (both same manufacturer).

As @Joe said, proper sit-down for both (with potential seating height difference for sidecar, depending on things), similar to Wave Breaker (which in the case for HMCMA, is the same ride manufacturer)..

BBM0YDg.img

It's just themed differently.

The concept art also shows Hagrid riding at the front and only 8 people riding.

It’s a little artistic freedom but I don’t think it’s going to degrade the ride at all not riding on a bike.

Plus that spike segment would be all kinds of uncomfortable.

For me that states that the concept art is just that and the vehicles aren't exactly as the real thing.
I can live with that but I think it's a bad way to promote the ride like this when the cars are already in existence and probably will look great. But that is just me. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.