Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current plan is to start softs by Saturday the 25th. Hope everything goes smoothly between now and then. Also, walls should be coming down tomorrow-ish. No word yet on TM previews, but operations reportedly takes control Monday now.
So what's your take on the stone walls. Are you upset they didn't change the colors or in person does it look just fine?

Personally, I'm glad they didn't. It transitions much better.

Mauricio really doesn't like you, does he? :lol:

By the way, it’s more intense than they/we were expecting. Which might explain why they haven’t called it a “family” coaster since the initial announcement.
DON'T TELL ME THAT! I WANT TO RIDE THIS! Lol.

I was hoping to avoid POV videos, but it looks like I won't have much of an option!

By the way, it’s more intense than they/we were expecting. Which might explain why they haven’t called it a “family” coaster since the initial announcement.

I was never in that “we”. Knowing how close we were to the ground, how many head choppers there were, and seeing those 90 degree banked turns all while riding on a motorcycle with very little walls on the side; I knew it was going to be more intense than anyone was thinking.

That’s why I never subscribed to the “JP is to replace DC” mantra.

Maybe for PR....

I was never in that “we”. Knowing how close we were to the ground, how many head choppers there were, and seeing those 90 degree banked turns all while riding on a motorcycle with very little walls on the side; I knew it was going to be more intense than anyone was thinking.

Exactly.

Well lets not do too much, there are no inversions on this ride, its probably just more forceful than expected thats all.

If it’s like verbolten at bush gardens Williamsburg it’s prob a 5-10 foot drop. It’s not the height that’s scary it’s just the sudden drop that startles you.

The drop track in The Guardian up here at Canada's Wonderland has one of the highest drop tracks in the world (30 ft.) and my 7 year old was fine with it.

As noted, you don't even *really* know it's coming and it's over before you know it. So it just gives a quick jolt as opposed to being visually scary like when you're at the top of a hill on a regular coaster.

Plenty of families are ok with the drops on TOT so I don't think the drop will in anyway make this non family friendly.

Might be a bit more thrilling than the average family coaster but I see no issues with that. Hippogrifth is for the younger kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.