Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 679 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Note : It doesn't say 'will not' or 'can not'. It say's 'may not'. That's a big difference....So probably best not to panic and just give a test seat a try. People are built different, and what fits one might not fit another even though they're the same height and weight and waist. .

So true, i wear a 46" pants and ride everything at universal. Tight sometimes but it always works

So true, i wear a 46" pants and ride everything at universal. Tight sometimes but it always works. It really has nothing to do with waist its dem thighs that might be the culprit on this one.

Okay, even though I couldn’t find it in the Riders Guide, similar warnings do exist for other rides in the app. Since I fit on these other rides (little snug on Gringotts/Mummy, but I fit,) I feel better now.

I’m holding out hope! Otherwise does anyone know a good doctor willing to shave some of my hips down lmao I’ve been following this coaster for way to long not to ride ;)

I would argue that they're not delivering enough - two fat seats a ride should be a requirement for all modern rides.
Didn’t mean it in that sense. More so don’t tell people a bigger size works when it could cause huge problems. Give a smaller size and then know bigger sizes will be fine. That way people are excited that fit instead of let down.

I would argue that they're not delivering enough - two modified seats a ride should be a requirement for all modern rides.

But where do you draw the line? So they make a seat that fits someone with a 50 inch waist, then someone with a 60 inch waist is offended. Also, to do that, those seats are probably not safe for smaller guests as the restraints will have to have more room in them. You'd have to have signs up saying those seats are only for larger guests which opens another can of worms. I'm not saying it's impossible to do, just not a simple "make bigger seats"

*I believe they refer to it as "modified seating"

Seriously..did we not just see the mod warning??

But she's right, there is modified seating available on B&M coasters for years. Intamin has been historically more restrictive with their designs. I think this ride will be more accommodating than Top Thrill Dragster, Millennium Force, and Maverick.

Hey Brian- as fans of both universal theme parks as well as inside universal, can you pull back the curtain and let us know how these things generally work for you?

When do they send out invites? How many guests can you typically bring? How formal/informal is it? What’s the breakdown of credentialed old “real” media (tv/paper) vs the new blood internet folks like yourself? What kind of swag and meals do you get? Etc. Any other cool tidbits you can tell us?

Again, as fans, this would be cool “behind the scenes” look for us, your groupies, here.

Sure!

First, before every media event - we pledge our undying faith to Tom Williams with the Shillery Oath, at which point we cut our palms with a ceremonial knife at the top of the Pharos Lighthouse for the blood offering. After that, it's pretty standard fare; lifestyles of the rich and famous-type meals - you know? Caviar wishes and champagne dreams... Except the champagne is made from mermaid tears. After each event, there's a contest where we take part in the ritual hunting of the Thylacine (Fun fact: they are not extinct, Bill Davis will not allow it). Theirry Coup is usually the winner, always proclaiming that he kills for pleasure, and hunts for sport; before reminding us "Spider-Man IS the best f'n ride ever". /sarcasm

In all honesty, it varies depending on the size/importance of the event. Sometimes they mail out invites from a month out, or it can be a couple of weeks - it depends on what we're covering. In this case, we got it a month out. Most events, it's just myself attending - but I bring a guest if the event warrants it and I need the extra help (i.e. HHN, and the upcoming Hagrid stuff). No swag, no frills, and a meal is not always provided unless food is what we're reviewing. It's more fun than I'm making it sound. It is a theme park after all, and about attractions and other fun stuff - but we still gotta be about our business. It's an opportunity to peek behind the curtain and interview the brains behind all the fun stuff.

But where do you draw the line? So they make a seat that fits someone with a 50 inch waist, then someone with a 60 inch waist is offended. Also, to do that, those seats are probably not safe for smaller guests as the restraints will have to have more room in them. You'd have to have signs up saying those seats are only for larger guests which opens another can of worms. I'm not saying it's impossible to do, just not a simple "make bigger seats"
They're able to do it with half the rides, no reason they can't do it with the rest.

Sure!

First, before every media event - we pledge our undying faith to Tom Williams with the Shillery Oath, at which point we cut our palms with a ceremonial knife at the top of the Pharos Lighthouse for the blood offering. After that, it's pretty standard fare; lifestyles of the rich and famous-type meals - you know? Caviar wishes and champagne dreams... Except the champagne is made from mermaid tears. After each event, there's a contest where we take part in the ritual hunting of the Thylacine (Fun fact: they are not extinct, Bill Davis will not allow it). Theirry Coup is usually the winner, always proclaiming that he kills for pleasure, and hunts for sport; before reminding us "Spider-Man IS the best f'n ride ever". /sarcasm

In all honesty, it varies depending on the size/importance of the event. Sometimes they mail out invites from a month out, or it can be a couple of weeks - it depends on what we're covering. In this case, we got it a month out. Most events, it's just myself attending - but I bring a guest if the event warrants it and I need the extra help (i.e. HHN, and the upcoming Hagrid stuff). No swag, no frills, and a meal is not always provided unless food is what we're reviewing. It's more fun than I'm making it sound. It is a theme park after all, and about attractions and other fun stuff - but we still gotta be about our business. It's an opportunity to peek behind the curtain and interview the brains behind all the fun stuff.

Does this alter your opinion? Does it feel like work or are you still geeking out like a theme park fan?

Reactions: Andysol
Does this alter your opinion? Does it feel like work or are you still geeking out like a theme park fan?
For me when I go to these things, you can still be geeking out while also working.

Heck, that's how it is pretty much every time I'm at the parks. I'm usually filming or shooting something, but you can't help but have fun, cause ya know, theme park!

Status
Not open for further replies.