Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 81 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"A Celebration of Harry Potter" will be on January 26th to the 28th.

To be honest, with Ministry and Forbidden Forest looming, I suspect one or the other will be announced fully, but that nothing else will be talked about of what entails with either attraction.
I expect some concept art that is just vague enough to give us almost no details

If it's concept art, a part of me thinks it would be similar to what we saw with the Gringotts concept art, but if they do Ministry, I can see something more of a concept art mainly showing an extension of the London Waterfront.

I would be more than happy with some concept art showing the Ministry addition to the London Waterfront for the time being. :drool:

Btw what is the status on the Fear Factor stadium? Wasn't it announced that it would be closing? I think there are still shows running there currently. Presumably it will be closed before HHN 2018 if not before then. That is our best guess of where the Ministry will go, correct? Any guess on the timeline for the two expansion projects?

I would be more than happy with some concept art showing the Ministry addition to the London Waterfront for the time being. :drool:

Btw what is the status on the Fear Factor stadium? Wasn't it announced that it would be closing? I think there are still shows running there currently. Presumably it will be closed before HHN 2018 if not before then. That is our best guess of where the Ministry will go, correct? Any guess on the timeline for the two expansion projects?
Nothing has been officially announced, besides B+T show closing for good. Everything else is rumored, but from people who have good connections on this board. So we shall see. More than likely FF is as good as gone soon.

There's some sort of HP coaster article on Orlando Business Journal today, but I'm blocked as a non subscriber. If there's anyone that's a subscriber, they may want to read the article.

Reactions: JaySalahi
There's some sort of HP coaster article on Orlando Business Journal today, but I'm blocked as a non subscriber. If there's anyone that's a subscriber, they may want to read the article.
The article just restates information form the latest permit. Here is a link to all permits filed for Project 942 through the City of Orlando. The most recent ones are farther down the list: https://permitlookup.cityoforlando.net/WebPermits/Permits/Search?page=1

The most recent permits, which were mentioned in the OBJ article, state "FOUNDATION DESIGN FOR FUTURE PRE-ENGINEERED METAL BUILDING" and "CONSTRUCTION OF THREE MOTOR CONTROL CENTERS."

Doesn't look like a site plan was attached this time.

The article just restates information form the latest permit. Here is a link to all permits filed for Project 942 through the City of Orlando. The most recent ones are farther down the list: https://permitlookup.cityoforlando.net/WebPermits/Permits/Search?page=1

The most recent permits, which were mentioned in the OBJ article, state "FOUNDATION DESIGN FOR FUTURE PRE-ENGINEERED METAL BUILDING" and "CONSTRUCTION OF THREE MOTOR CONTROL CENTERS."

I get a runtime error from the link
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

I get a runtime error from the link
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".
Looks like the website doesn't allow you to proceed directly to that page. It forces you to begin on the main page. Go to this link (the City of Orlando Permitting Site main page) and search "Project 942": Permit and Planning Project Lookup

Reactions: JoeCamel
One way to get around the subscription is to search the article on google and then click the link there. It is some kind of news agreement with the search engines.
Yes, but I tried that and it still froze me out with the subscribe now cover over the story. Maybe because my email address is on their headline notification list?

@NJBrandon brought that up a few days back actually on Twitter.

What intrigues me is the three motor controlled centers. What exactly would that mean, areas throughout to monitor and inspect for launch elements in the attraction? If that's the case, that may give us a bit of an idea more of what to expect.

@NJBrandon brought that up a few days back actually on Twitter.

What intrigues me is the three motor controlled centers. What exactly would that mean, areas throughout to monitor and inspect for launch elements in the attraction? If that's the case, that may give us a bit of an idea more of what to expect.

Motor controllers are where the heat is generated normally so they have to cool the controllers. Might have something to do with this or maybe it is a place for the operator to kick back and have a smoke while watching the motor controls??? Three launches??? One could only hope.

Motor controllers are where the heat is generated normally so they have to cool the controllers. Might have something to do with this or maybe it is a place for the operator to kick back and have a smoke while watching the motor controls??? Three launches??? One could only hope.

A motor control center will hold a power bus and motor controls. Typically an MCC is where you will house the breakers, disconnects, motor starters, and variable frequency drives for electric motors.

Regarding heat: Heat will be generated by the controllers and other components within an MCC, but typically the only consideration necessary for dealing with heat is typically to install the MCC within an air conditioned room. Sometime you'l see them with an AC unit attached directly to the MCC. The components are built to handle heat, though of course heat can have a negative impact on longevity.

Knowing that there are three MCCs really doesn't indicate anything significant. Think of all the things that require electric motors--drive motors for the ride vehicles, drive motors for moving effects, drive motors if they have a moving loading platform like on FJ, pumps for the water they spray you with, air compressors for other effects, etc. Every attraction at Universal likely has several MCCs.

On the Hogwart's Castle show. As has been noted before, IOA is open evenings nearly every night in the spring this year (even on days that aren't part of Spring Break or Easter holiday season). That's highly unusual for IOA and strongly indicates the Hogwarts show will be playing those evenings.

My wife a little bummed out that she wouldn't be seeing the Hogwarts show as it was seasonal so she's more than thrilled that she will be able to see something later this year now hopefully.

With the new cinematic show coming to USF as well, I think we could be seeing a turning point in UOR for opening later now. With more rooms coming online with Aventura later this year and WnW next year, that's a lot of guests who will want to stay in the parks longer because their rooms are so close. Possibly my biggest gripe with staying on site was how early the parks were closing, granted this was September but when a park closes at 6, it's too early to call it a night but too late to really do something else. A park closing at 10, allows for you to go to Volcano Bay and then visit IOA or USF at night but make it worthwhile.

My wife a little bummed out that she wouldn't be seeing the Hogwarts show as it was seasonal so she's more than thrilled that she will be able to see something later this year now hopefully.

With the new cinematic show coming to USF as well, I think we could be seeing a turning point in UOR for opening later now. With more rooms coming online with Aventura later this year and WnW next year, that's a lot of guests who will want to stay in the parks longer because their rooms are so close. Possibly my biggest gripe with staying on site was how early the parks were closing, granted this was September but when a park closes at 6, it's too early to call it a night but too late to really do something else. A park closing at 10, allows for you to go to Volcano Bay and then visit IOA or USF at night but make it worthwhile.
That would be great to be honest...I hope they are still planning the IOA lagoon show too, but this is a good step

Status
Not open for further replies.