Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 108 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too small for black lake, unfortunately :(

I thought this exact thing. Especially with all of the work happening right behind it; and what appears to be access from other aspects of the train station.

DWB9qRHXcAQvdNi.jpg

That left opening on the train station would allow you to funnel straight into this area; if it were to be more than "just" a coaster.

I also thought they were going to save some room for future expansion, thinking there was no way they would be able to use all this room for just a singular ride- but I'll be damned- it looks like they are going to use it all.

This is either going to be:
A) A very long ride for a coaster
B) Be more than just a ride and have more expansion than we thought.

I'm hopeful for B. That much room would be a shame to use for a single ride. The caveat being, if they do, at least it will be a monster of a ride.

I believe it’ll be just the ride but the queue experience will be greatly expanded. Coasters of this type do take up a lot of room.

I also think people need to rethink “theme” and move away from narrative story scenes and instead elements. What if there are large scenic elements like BTMR but instead of a mountain it’s a forest with tons of arching roots, worn paths, trenches, and maybe a broken dodgy bench?

I believe it’ll be just the ride but the queue experience will be greatly expanded. Coasters of this type do take up a lot of room.

I also think people need to rethink “theme” and move away from narrative story scenes and instead elements. What if there are large scenic elements like BTMR but instead of a mountain it’s a forest with tons of arching roots, worn paths, trenches, and maybe a broken dodgy bench?

That sounds awesome- and I am more than fine with that. In fact, it'd be my preference vs show elements. The more "coaster" the better.

It's just that the paths of Hogsmeade are so bottlenecked and crowded- between the hell that is the entrance, the hell that is the lockers at FJ, and the new hell that is the projection shows on the castle- they really had an opportunity to clean it up. I mean, Great hall, etc would be phenomenal, but I'm not asking for that.

I realize it's not sexy- but if they don't give us an extra row of storefront/pathway or some more breathing room, I'll be slightly disappointed.

From the look of it, any storytelling elements will take place in the queue.

Aside from some sort of trick track, I wouldn't expect a lot of stopping.

Last edited:
I realize it's not sexy- but if they don't give us an extra row of storefront/pathway or some more breathing room, I'll be slightly disappointed.
I'd be happy with a Shrieking Shack at the end of winding path on the right, entrance to the coaster on the left. Not necessarily enough to break up crowds, but more the appearance of side streets and offshoots that we don't really have in our Hogsmeade.

Reactions: Andysol
:clap:

Quick analysis.

View attachment 6085

That won't be a showbuilding. It'll be a support building of some kind. Might be ride maintenance, but more likely won't have anything to do with this. I want to say there was discussion of a building being added next to the HE, but I can't remember where I saw it.

Those footers to nowhere may not be for coaster supports. It's doubtful they would run the coaster over there that close to the road as it would be difficult to hide backstage without just building a wall. Not to mention, they aren't curving like they'd make a turn. They just go right to the road. Those footers may be for some kind of structure to hid backstage.

Aren't larger indoor coasters sometimes built first and then the building shell built around them? At least footers and coaster foundations? Could a building, either over a small section, or the entire thing, still be coming, even after the supports are installed? Or is that just wishful thinking?

Wishful thinking. The only inside portion of this will be the DD/DC building. If they were going to be building a building, there would be a perimeter footer, and a large slab. They clearly aren't doing that here. That trench they are digging may be a tunnel to make an indoor scene, but thats about it.

A highly themed family coaster would be fine by me. Something like Big Thunder level outdoor theming, inside show scenes, only less expensive since they can substitute real trees and landscaping for expensive rock work due to a Forbidden Forest theme. I could care less about new ride systems. Heck, they're usually problematic with breakdowns in the early stages anyway.

Reactions: Mike S
A highly themed family coaster would be fine by me. Something like Big Thunder level outdoor theming, inside show scenes, only less expensive since they can substitute real trees and landscaping for expensive rock work due to a Forbidden Forest theme. I could care less about new ride systems. Heck, they're usually problematic with breakdowns in the early stages anyway.

That’s really what I’m hoping for also. Close to the ground and scenery and it should create a greater sense of speed and thrill. Having a unique train and some passing elements with a highly themed queue should be more than adequate.

Reactions: Mad Dog
After all this conjecture won’t it be a hoot if this turns out to be a stinker!

I don’t think it’s going to be bad, but it’s not going to be anything groundbreaking either. Will be a highly themed family coaster

Plus following Slow and Disappointing opening this year, it'd have to be quite bad for people not to be pretty thrilled with it.

Reactions: Mad Dog and Mike S
They certainly didn’t he erect two tower cranes to dangle track pieces in place. Something big is going to be built. On the other hand...

...she wore a glove.

I would agree that the two large cranes means something more than some low to the ground coaster track and supports are going into this ride.

Reactions: tankart150
Status
Not open for further replies.