Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 188 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This ride construction is most intriguing! It's one of the few E-tickets that we have been able to see progress as most have been inside buildings. Many thanks to bioreconstruct for pics & AliciaStella for guiding us through the process. I love this forum because we have some of the biggest theme park fans on the planet posting here.:cheers:

Also, this is officially my most anticipated ride of what has been announced at Uni & Disney. (Star Wars Battle ride is #2)

There will be breaks. Whether they're there just to slow us down so we don't fly completely off the end, or to stop and hold us, I do not yet know... But if track switches on rides have taught me anything, it's that you need a break stop to make sure the coaster doesn't go until the track switch is 100% complete and verified... So that may be your answer. ;)
If that spike is for a directional change, it makes sense to have a hold brake on there so the track switch can move into place safely behind the coaster. If that switch fails (as they so frequently do) I would guess that guests may be holding there for extended periods waiting for that switch to show it is in place and locked down.

If that spike is for a directional change, it makes sense to have a hold brake on there so the track switch can move into place safely behind the coaster. If that switch fails (as they so frequently do) I would guess that guests may be holding there for extended periods waiting for that switch to show it is in place and locked down.
Yes. I think if that were to happen, holding guests at the top (on their backs) isn't an uncomfortable position to be in so it should be fine. The fact that this will hold us at the top for a bit is the most exciting part of the backwards section to me. It's a more advanced and thrilling version of the track switch at the top of Everest. I'm also glad to see they are placing the two track surprise "wow" moments at the middle and end of the ride instead of the beginning. Escape from Gringotts is an absolutely phenomenal ride and easily a top 3 for me in Orlando but I always felt it was an odd pacing choice to have the most surprising and impressive part of the ride (the tilt track showscene and drop) at the very beginning of the ride.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryno27
That is what was fun on Gringots. The tilt would not lock properly and you could hang up there for five minutes never knowing when it would release.
and you knew there was a golden ticket waiting for you at the end!

The brakes could also be on the long straight section leading to the spike.

That way you get airtime as the train stops and rolls back.

True but given they are going through all the trouble of enclosing the spike in a large show building, I doubt they'll have us go up and immediately fall back down. Despite the "airtime" effect of doing that, it's a missed opportunity for tension.

Any idea what load/unload will be like? I am hoping for it to be similar to Gringots, with trains done like the carriages in the films. Load and unload right at the beginning where blue entered, that way there is more room for an indoor section before leaving the building.

Oh, almost forgot to post the rough layout I just tweeted out!

Rough estimation of track layout. Backwards segment seen in orange. I'll do a better one next time bio does aerials, this one was kinda rushed, plus still a lot of supports missing, so this was best I could do as of now. Enjoy!

View attachment 6600
I wonder if there is room between where the track exits the loading building and the FJ building to build a great hall?

Reactions: Joel and Magistra
I did some measurements on google earth and I used the Three Broom Sticks as a guide for the size of a restaurant. You're right it would have to go behind FJ. There is no room by Hippogriff. I do wonder how they would have you enter the restaurant though. You would have to walk through the greenhouses and to the back of them to get to it. Then would they build a facade for and how would that look there? Also, I think it should be a table service, maybe a buffet or something, then maybe we would finally getting a full time sorting hat. They could've used some of the dragon challenge land to move the FJ building by Hippogriff but it appears it's too late now.

I did some measurements on google earth and I used the Three Broom Sticks as a guide for the size of a restaurant. You're right it would have to go behind FJ. There is no room by Hippogriff. I do wonder how they would have you enter the restaurant though. You would have to walk through the greenhouses and to the back of them to get to it. Then would they build a facade for and how would that look there? Also, I think it should be a table service, maybe a buffet or something, then maybe we would finally getting a full time sorting hat. They could've used some of the dragon challenge land to move the FJ building by Hippogriff but it appears it's too late now.
It does seem odd UC decided to use all of the Dragon Challenge land for the new ride. Seems like a wasted opportunity.

Are we thinking four trains max for this or five? With the two hold areas in play they could easily have two on track, one on deck (like Cheetah Hunt) and one or two in the station. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.