Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 198 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be 6 launches total for the entire ride. Of them, 1 will launch us up the spike, then after falling down another will launch us into the spiral up into the last building... After the drop-track, another will launch us out of that building. So that's half the ride's launches right there.

That's a lot of launching going on!

Also, would this be one of the more sprawling coasters (in terms of its footprint, not necessarily exact track length) in any Universal or Disney park?

Only going up the spike and then falling back down will be enclosed as far as I know. The track switch part is outside.

There will be 6 launches total for the entire ride. Of them, 1 will launch us up the spike, then after falling down another will launch us into the spiral up into the last building... After the drop-track, another will launch us out of that building. So that's half the ride's launches right there.
Six launches? Nice!
count-6.png

I have a shirt for Rivers of Light stating an "opening 2016" date. Merch means nothing.
ROL is the biggest WTF in the past couple of years from Disney

I could be wrong, but I don't believe I ever thought it would be a B&M. I was leaning strongly towards a Dynamic Attractions SFX Coaster though.
We also thought the entire ride was enclosed back in the day...I wouldn't be surprised if Universal doesn't go with a B&M again

Only going up the spike and then falling back down will be enclosed as far as I know. The track switch part is outside.

Any idea what we'll be launching into?

ROL is the biggest WTF in the past couple of years from Disney

We also thought the entire ride was enclosed back in the day...I wouldn't be surprised if Universal doesn't go with a B&M again

Any idea what we'll be launching into?
Dave (Disneyhead) was saying privately, and publicly, that it had both outdoor and indoor segments from day one. Just didn't know the extent of what was outdoor and what was indoor.

Hi I just wanted to thank everyone for all their pics, diagrams and opinions. My family and I are so stoked for this new ride. We are a huge HP fan family. It is so cool to be able to follow along with the different steps. I think it is all sounding good except for the possibility of the motorbike seats and side car. I was showing my family the pics and everyone was already arguing who will get the side car:eek:O:. There are 2 adults and 2 older teens who will be riding.

I usually let the teens have the better seating on the coasters just because I like to see them happy. However, I think this time if it is side cars I will pull my trump card that the one who pays for the trip should have the first choice of seating:grin:

I am also so happy I found this forum on Universal. It is our favorite vacation spot!:clap:

I look at those early tight turns and all I can think of is

"oh know we have been knocked off course! Something has gone wrong!"

It will be interesting to see if we fall into that story arc. Don't get me wrong there is plenty to go wrong in the forbidden forest, but I'd like to see them alter the typical story.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Alicia
I look at those early tight turns and all I can think of is

"oh know we have been knocked off course! Something has gone wrong!"

It will be interesting to see if we fall into that story arc. Don't get me wrong there is plenty to go wrong in the forbidden forest, but I'd like to see them alter the typical story.
I like to have fun with the horribly wrong concept. But I would rather see this than the Disney approach of using the exact same plot as the movie or having a boring ride through the Pandora forest. I did enjoy that boat ride but it still got boring.

6 launches is ridiculous for a coaster. For the number of guests per train, if we see a train depart every 30 seconds for a decent hourly capacity and with roughly 7 blocks to the coaster at about 20secs each, were looking at a 2min ride easy of non stop action.

I’m so completely and utterly sold on this and I’m not even a HP fan.

6 launches is ridiculous for a coaster. For the number of guests per train, if we see a train depart every 30 seconds for a decent hourly capacity and with roughly 7 blocks to the coaster at about 20secs each, were looking at a 2min ride easy of non stop action.

I’m so completely and utterly sold on this and I’m not even a HP fan.
Ehhh 6 Launches 'Sounds' horrible. But the Multiple lunches for lets say Cheetah Hunt are 'needed' and fun. This 6 just sounds ridiculous.

How in the world?

Agreed.

Of course want doesn't always equate to reality. It's already pushing late 2019 as is so if they run into any hiccups it could easily miss a 2019 opening.
Fall 2019.

Only going up the spike and then falling back down will be enclosed as far as I know. The track switch part is outside..
I’d imagine another section will also be enclosed.

Status
Not open for further replies.