Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 203 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I included Poseidon and Sinbad as attractions. Counted the carousel and storm force as one:think:

Last edited:
Reactions: tankart150
Just to reiterate, I don’t want to complain by any means. I absolutely love this concept, I can’t wait to one day ride it. I know it will be amazing. However, if they could have built the same attraction, indoors, in a controlled environment, made to look like a deep dark part of the forest... I would definitely have been pleased.

I love IOA but it’s a pure mess in the summer when the rides all go down... everyday. I do think it’s a valid concern when you are building new attractions, which will be highly sought after. You need to build for the area, this ain’t California.

Hopefully they can add some more attractions in the future that can remain open during adverse weather.

Never thought we would reach a point where people are disappointed in a new ride cause it will close for inclement weather lol.
To be fair, Islands doesn’t have a lot of rides that stay open when it rains.

That said, this coaster is sounding like a really good addition. Yes, I said ADDITION. Dragon Challenge wasn’t designed specifically as a Potter ride and was out of place, unlike this. It will feel like it actually belongs.

Another reason indoor attractions are superior is the Florida heat and humidity. You can always hit rides with long outdoor queues early in the morning or in the evening, but the heat and humidity get to people eventually, which is probably why half the guests go home before evening.

Do we know how much of the queue will be indoors? A new, popular ride with a long, hot queue could result in a lot of disgruntlement among the guests.

Universal did a great job adding more shaded spaces, an indoor Ollivanders queue, Knockturn Alley, and interactive wand locations involving water misting or jets of water in Diagon Alley, which makes it a far more enjoyable land than Hogsmeade imo. They need to do something similar with this ride in order to balance the two lands out for Potter fans.

An overly long and hot queue or a ride that shuts down every time it sprinkles could affect the enjoyment of and popularity of this ride, so I don't see why climate considerations are any less a legitimate point to discuss than ride mechanics are.

Reactions: tankart150
Another reason indoor attractions are superior is the Florida heat and humidity. You can always hit rides with long outdoor queues early in the morning or in the evening, but the heat and humidity get to people eventually, which is probably why half the guests go home before evening.

Do we know how much if the queue will be indoors? A new, popular ride with a long, hot queue could result in a lot of disgruntlement among the guests.

Universal did a great job adding more shaded spaces, an indoor Ollivanders queue, Knockturn Alley, and interactive wand locations involving water misting or jets of water in Diagon Alley, which makes it a far more enjoyable land than Hogsmeade imo. They need to do something similar with this ride in order to balance things out for Potter fans.

An overly long and hot queue or a ride that shuts down every time it sprinkles could affect the enjoyment of and popularity of this ride, so I don't see why climate considerations are any less a legitimate point to discuss than ride mechanics are.
The entire interior queue building from Dragon Challenge was gutted and will be queue for the new ride. When the line is long there will be some outside queue prior to the building, but most waiting will be inside, as it was before.

Status
Not open for further replies.