Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 304 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot in the dark then, could that mean we may see a lot more enclosed soon? Asking this, as I am a bit forgetful on Fluffy.
Let’s just say, it’s starting to look like there’s going to be a lot more rockwork and brickwork than I ever thought.

And, this also goes back to what I’ve been saying for awhile, this is a ride that takes place at the edge of the castle grounds near the Forbidden Forest. When people shorthand it as the Forbidden Forest coaster, I think they’re doing a disservice to all the other themed elements that may be involved. We don’t really call it that around here, but outside of this forum, that seems to have become the unofficial name of choice.

Could Fluffy be a major plot point, more than just a surprise encounter? I think it could give us good motive to be adventuring around in Hagrid's neck of the woods (hiding/finding/protecting Fluffy, etc.) and I think most people forget what happened to Fluffy after Sorcerer's Stone, so maybe a little context for Fluffy in a pre-show or Hagrid dialogue could be helpful? We've talked quite a bit about the elements of the ride, but not too much on the narrative (and how much of a narrative there'll be :lol:)

The drawing did fit well, but isn't the ride supposed to be on and about the Forbidden Forest? I really can't see the ride being around the castle because that would mean you can't have creatures like Fluffy, it also doesn't make a lot of sense to have the two dark rooms(the one with the backward section and the drop), even less if the drop is really Devil's snare.
If i have to guess, i would still bet the ride taking place fully at the Forbidden Forest with the enclosed sections being inside a tree or a cave, and the entrance being the clock building doesn't mean much.

The drawing did fit well, but isn't the ride supposed to be on and about the Forbidden Forest? I really can't see the ride being around the castle because that would mean you can't have creatures like Fluffy, it also doesn't make a lot of sense to have the two dark rooms(the one with the backward section and the drop), even less if the drop is really Devil's snare.
If i have to guess, i would still bet the ride taking place fully at the Forbidden Forest with the enclosed sections being inside a tree or a cave, and the entrance being the clock building doesn't mean much.

And, this also goes back to what I’ve been saying for awhile, this is a ride that takes place at the edge of the castle grounds near the Forbidden Forest. When people shorthand it as the Forbidden Forest coaster, I think they’re doing a disservice to all the other themed elements that may be involved. We don’t really call it that around here, but outside of this forum, that seems to have become the unofficial name of choice.

Also, welcome to the IU forums:thumbsup:

It's the Sorcerer's Stone!

It's not entirely chronological, but we're revisiting the story of the Sorcerer's Stone!

Think about it. A dash out to Hagrid's Hut ("I shouldn't have mentioned that"), sneaking past Fluffy, a tall, enclosed vertical chamber (the key room), Devil's Snare, and an escape out.

It'll all be after the events of the book, but the most logical collection of narrative locations.

It's the Sorcerer's Stone!

It's not entirely chronological, but we're revisiting the story of the Sorcerer's Stone!

Think about it. A dash out to Hagrid's Hut ("I shouldn't have mentioned that"), sneaking past Fluffy, a tall, enclosed vertical chamber (the key room), Devil's Snare, and an escape out.

It'll all be after the events of the book, but the most logical collection of narrative locations.
Ding ding ding!

Alicia-I have watched your YouTube video but I have also found these. Interesting to see how accurate they end up being.

Yea, this guy’s work is pretty cool. He told me he’s working on a new more accurate one now that the track is all installed. But some of themed elements are just guesses or placeholders, so don’t get your hopes up too high. The real ride may look very different.

Sadly, trees do not grow so fast.

tell that to my sea grape tree.. i have to trim it every few weeks to have enough sunlight for my garden.

Let’s just say, it’s starting to look like there’s going to be a lot more rockwork and brickwork than I ever thought.

I REALLY REALLY hope the view from Hogsmeade station isn't blocked by trees with all this brick and rock work coming in. It will truly be a sight to be seen, especially from that angle!

not sure how long this will last, but I'm guessing I can't upload this image directly, right @Brian G. ? This crane operator responded to one of bio's tweets with a pic from his crane.

I REALLY REALLY hope the view from Hogsmeade station isn't blocked by trees with all this brick and rock work coming in. It will truly be a sight to be seen, especially from that angle!
With how tall a few of these structures will be (drop track building, this new bridge structure, and rockwork/cave in the back) there will definitely be a lot of themed elements poking up over the trees as seen from Hogsmeade. Probably taller than I had imagined, but it's going to look amazing!

not sure how long this will last, but I'm guessing I can't upload this image directly, right @Brian G. ? This crane operator responded to one of bio's tweets with a pic from his crane.

Absolutely stunning photo!

With how tall a few of these structures will be (drop track building, this new bridge structure, and rockwork/cave in the back) there will definitely be a lot of themed elements poking up over the trees as seen from Hogsmeade. Probably taller than I had imagined, but it's going to look amazing!

Absolutely stunning photo!

The additional buildings will certainly create a more cohesive feel to a run through the castle grounds as opposed to just trees. I mean, I love trees around a ride and the stonework. However, the additional buildings will add more depth to the ride.

So, my goal was no Orlando trip next year but now I can see having at least one just to pick up this ride. A pox on you Universal Orlando for creating such a tempting treat. Mmm, maybe stay at Portofino Bay (another check on the list) and have Universal Express. I wonder if they'll have Express on this ride to start out.

The additional buildings will certainly create a more cohesive feel to a run through the castle grounds as opposed to just trees. I mean, I love trees around a ride and the stonework. However, the additional buildings will add more depth to the ride.

So, my goal was no Orlando trip next year but now I can see having at least one just to pick up this ride. A pox on you Universal Orlando for creating such a tempting treat. Mmm, maybe stay at Portofino Bay (another check on the list) and have Universal Express. I wonder if they'll have Express on this ride to start out.
Remember, the ride is being manufactured by Intamin and they've sometimes been known for having issues before opening (no offense, love the rides). So I would probably plan on visiting a couple months after it's supposed to open (just in case!)

Remember, the ride is being manufactured by Intamin and they've sometimes been known for having issues before opening (no offense, love the rides). So I would probably plan on visiting a couple months after it's supposed to open (just in case!)

Agreed and yes, I know Intamin's track record. Great rides (love ya Millie) but they always have growing pains. Especially with all the launches, switch tracks, etc and also balky animatronics. I would probably do a late fall trip. Then, I could maybe swing over and pick up MMRR at Studios. Still not braving the SW crowd.

Reactions: tankart150
Infinity Falls delay and Falcon Fury issues are case and point right now. And let's not forget Gringotts....

Reading the last few pages:

The-A-Team.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.