Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still a fan of Rumbleroar's Journey to Pigfarts, but not sure that's actually canon...a Starkid can dream.

It is too bad Luna wasn't in the FJ end scene with all the others. I could see them using archive footage for a cameo somewhere in the new coaster / queue

Evanna Lynch would probably be ecstatic to do a cameo. I don't think it's out of question that we could see some other cast members poke their heads in.

Hagrid's Magical Adventure

Unless they are going to follow the HP books and insert "and the..." into the title

Hagrid and the Magical Creature Adventure

I am sensing some serious entitlement in this thread, lol.

When you consider that they've been making pretty much the same type of ride lately--they had no problem putting out info about F&F and Fallon--and have taken out a pair of roller coasters to build this, leaving a huge void in the process, then yeah, we're a little PO'd. The complaints people have about DHS and Epcot also apply somewhat to Uni right now IMO. Also Hulk has become too damn rough for me (in the outer seats, at least--which unfortunately as a single rider are where I'm inevitably put), so I'm equally ready for them to get to work on JP coaster.

Does the lack of marketing indicate low confidence in it?

Last edited:
When you consider that they've been making pretty much the same type of ride lately, and have taken out a pair of roller coasters to build this, leaving a huge void in the process, then yeah, we're a little PO'd. The complaints people have about DHS and Epcot also apply somewhat to Uni right now IMO. Also Hulk has become too damn rough for me (in the outer seats, at least--which unfortunately as a single rider are where I'm inevitably put).

As discussed in this thread, and others - it's how their Marketing has always operated.

When you consider that they've been making pretty much the same type of ride lately, and have taken out a pair of roller coasters to build this, leaving a huge void in the process, then yeah, we're a little PO'd. The complaints people have about DHS and Epcot also apply somewhat to Uni right now IMO. Also Hulk has become too damn rough for me (in the outer seats, at least--which unfortunately as a single rider are where I'm inevitably put).

I get the frustration. However, Universal just opened a brand new water park, multiple resorts and they're beginning work on an entirely new theme park that is slated to open in the not-too-distant future. Reading some of the posts around here might lead one to believe that adding a new attraction to a theme park is as simple as updating a video game, which is obviously far from the truth. It's just the nature of the industry, and I believe some people are setting themselves up for disappointment by expecting new, state-of-the-art attractions on a yearly basis, especially on a property as small as Universal Orlando (as it stands). Disney is a different story because of the sheer amount of space they have to work with.

Just my thoughts.

When you consider that they've been making pretty much the same type of ride lately--they had no problem putting out info about F&F and Fallon--and have taken out a pair of roller coasters to build this, leaving a huge void in the process, then yeah, we're a little PO'd. The complaints people have about DHS and Epcot also apply somewhat to Uni right now IMO. Also Hulk has become too damn rough for me (in the outer seats, at least--which unfortunately as a single rider are where I'm inevitably put), so I'm equally ready for them to get to work on JP coaster.

They removed two coasters and are replacing it with two coasters except DC sucked once they stopped dueling and both coasters seem like they're going to be a massive upgrade.

They removed two coasters and are replacing it with two coasters except DC sucked once they stopped dueling and both coasters seem like they're going to be a massive upgrade.

Often I wish that they had been allowed to cut one of the shops and push the entrance to Hogsmeade back a little bit, allowing the Dragons to retain their original theme. They were probably the best themed "big coasters" in the US.

But yes, I'm looking forward to both, and hoping the JP coaster is a truly intense, multi-inversion ride. :)

Often I wish that they had been allowed to cut one of the shops and push the entrance to Hogsmeade back a little bit, allowing the Dragons to retain their original theme. They were probably the best themed "big coasters" in the US.

But yes, I'm looking forward to both, and hoping the JP coaster is a truly intense, multi-inversion ride. :)

It will be interesting to see if people view this coaster as a big coaster.

I’m excited for this because I could never ride DD before. From what I’m seeing, I should be able to handle this coaster.

Universal kind of gets a bit of stick for building the same rides but I think the genius in building this coaster and the JP coaster next door is that I think the HP coaster is going to be a giant stepping stone in how people deal with coasters.

This could become a right of passage for a new generation of coaster enthusiasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.