Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds awesome and creepy. I’m thinking they might put the moss look on this after all.
That, is not something I’ve heard. Clean brick just like the train station look for the lockers connected to it. I think it makes sense to keep a clean separation wall between the snow and vines.

But again, things could have changed.

Hey, what I’ve been told could be old news and maybe they’ve changed the plans.

Just cause I don’t understand how construction works doesn’t change the fact that the plans were calling for the arch to remain but with an additional section added to it, with another green man face added at very top. Maybe they needed to strip it to its bones to attach the new section, and then rebrick, I dunno... but i still think it’s still going to be an arch at the end of the day, and still match the brick work of the wall and locker area.

Please enjoy my cell phone art:

View attachment 9159

It’s also possible they’re rebuilding the thing as is due to wear, damage, or many other reasons.

Hey, what I’ve been told could be old news and maybe they’ve changed the plans.

Just cause I don’t understand how construction works doesn’t change the fact that the plans were calling for the arch to remain but with an additional section added to it, with another green man face added at very top. Maybe they needed to strip it to its bones to attach the new section, and then rebrick, I dunno... but i still think it’s still going to be an arch at the end of the day, and still match the brick work of the wall and locker area.

Please enjoy my cell phone art:

View attachment 9159
Now I get where the information comes from, you are the concept art artist for Universal.
But in all seriousness, if it is going to look like that I would love that.
Do you know if non riders can past that gate to enjoy the scenery? (like a viewing spot)

I would have liked to see an entrance with a large and continuously open gilded gate. Something like this: A9DE3408-19B5-41C3-96EE-B16E28C365E6.jpeg
That would have had enchanted creatures hidden in the metal work. Not as bluntly as this picture, but more worked into the metal rather than just circles. Some moss on the columns and the arch could have the same delapidated brick on the top. Stone creature statues at the tops of the column to welcome you in. A Harry Potter meets Merlin’s Wood entrance if you will.

New interview with Tom:

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Tom Felton tells us about Universal Orlando's new ride | SYFY WIRE

"This June, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando is adding a new ride: Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure. It's an exciting addition to the park, and Tom Felton is very eager to talk about it. Felton portrayed Draco Malfoy in the eight Harry Potter films and couldn't resist dropping a few hints about what to expect from the ride.

"It's a high speed roller coaster that's taking place through the Forbidden Forest [with] Hagrid as your guide," noted Felton. “There shall be many a fantastic beast along the way."

Felton also confirmed that the ride will feature a creature from Harry Potter that has never been depicted in any of the films.

"This I can confirm, and I've actually seen it as well," said Felton. "It's a sight. It's a hell of a thing. I can't reveal any more than that, but I will say it's definitely something to look forward to... It's bizarre, it's the strangest creature I've ever seen in the world, ever."

Because Felton starred in the films, he's among the few who have experienced both the theme park and the actual sets. But according to Felton, the theme parks and the movies shared a few key creative team members.

"Luckily we had the same team," related Felton. "A lot of the team that made the films actually helped with the ride... The sets were actually half, and nowhere near as immersive as the actual world. Every nook and cranny, there isn't an inch of that world that isn't a part of the Wizarding World... I get the little tingles. I still get them when they play the theme tune!"

For more from Felton, check out the entire video!"

They will lose either way. It will be interesting to see them try. Although a new park focused on family friendly rides doesn’t sound too exciting in 2023

Your never going to beat Disney at their own game. It’ll never happen. No one has ever beat Disney in the Theme Park game in anything. Glares at Harry Potter.....:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.