1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

Discussion in 'Halloween Horror Nights 2019' started by AlexanderMBush, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Dr. Herbert West

Dr. Herbert West Newcomer

I know if they ever did Suspiria it'd probably be the og, but I would love if Guadagnino's version came, especially for Thom Yorke's music.

2. rageofthegods

rageofthegods Veteran Member

Pitch: Suspiria based on the OG and with the OG Goblin theme, but with most of the music from the new one.

3. Kinchkinet85

Kinchkinet85 Rookie

But it’s not Hellrasier

4. rageofthegods

Could be as close as we get til Miramax sorts itself out.

5. GhostHost85

GhostHost85 Newcomer

I would love this. I would hate the idea of a maze based on the terrible CBS All Access reboot, but the original Twilight Zone has so many iconic moments that would be amazing to experience in a maze. Plus, the Rod Serling narration would add so much.

I love the idea of Curse of Pandora's Box. Greek Mythology is a largely untapped source for so many potential great horror stories. This maze could be really epic. I much prefer getting original mazes based off ideas that I like opposed to IP mazes based off IPs that I don't care about.

MacMillian Crew likes this.
  6. Jaden

Jaden Member

Oooh half of the scenes are black and white and the other is normal.

7. Carl

Carl Newcomer

So... What about this announcement that has something to do with “Sunday?”

8. rageofthegods

We talked about this earlier, but it was probably some kind of show that would happen every Sunday at HHN, like Dark Arts at Hogwarts or something.

9. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

Would make sense, as they just did pyro testing last night (and are doing it again tonight).

The question would be, would Hogsmeade be open for the entirety of the event; with FJ, or would it only be open on the Sundays.

10. Dykealiscious

Dykealiscious Newcomer

Just ordered my 80s outfit today lol. I'm going thursday the 19th of sept. I'm so excited about this.

AlexanderMBush likes this.
  11. torr4nce

torr4nce Newcomer

I'm not entirely sure if this thread is the appropriate place to ask this question but I figured it's harmless and I could really use the help so I'll ask anyway: Does anyone know the specifics of HHN's costume policy?

I know the general rule is no costumes, no masks, and no face paint but what do they consider to be a costume? If my costume just looks like a normal outfit, but I'm wearing some fake facial hair (Hopper from Stranger Things in his Season 3 look if you're wondering), would they turn me away? I'm debating on whether or not I should buy a ticket for 10/31 and this would make or break my decision.

12. Spookies n' Stuff

Spookies n' Stuff Member

Probably depends how fake the facial hair looks for them to catch on, though odds are if its just regular clothes they still probably can't stop you.

13. Ryan

Ryan Staff Member Moderator

Haha I'm going on a Thursday, but I hate dressing up. Can't wait to be playing the role of Clark Griswold!

SailwiththeTide likes this.
  14. Kinchkinet85

Kinchkinet85 Rookie

I heard a story of how someone went wearing a red and green sweeter and they got turned away for that. I say don’t wear it, better safe then sorry.

15. viking_wizard_eyes

viking_wizard_eyes Rookie

I’ve had some friends do some very light costuming, almost like the Disneybounding stuff the Instagram crowd likes so much, and they never had any issues. That said, they weren’t wearing anything that obscured their faces, like a fake beard or something else like that would. I think you’ll definitely risk security telling you to toss it out, but if it’s subtle enough, who knows? And if your costume is too similar to something people might experience in the park (like a Hopper costume), I would bet they’d turn you away until you changed your clothes. Just my guess, though.

16. Freak

Freak Veteran Member

Interesting someone brought that up as I forgot to ask the same thing. I'm wanting to wear my hot pink and green button-up that Hopper wore from S3. I'm not "cosplaying" or obscuring my face/wearing a hat, just the button up he wore from the show. I was concerned as to how strict they are about "no costumes".

17. Brian G.

Brian G. Staff Member Administrator

I'd say fake facial hair would be a no-no.

Legacy and HorrorNightsFan13 like this.
  18. Brian G.

Brian G. Staff Member Administrator

This year's commercial:

19. hhnlover

hhnlover Veteran Member

Hang on, why is Dracula there?

20. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

Fascinating to see Universal Monsters get more of a presence than Ghostbusters in the marketing. Would've thought they'd want to have a big IP like that featured in the ad.

hhnlover likes this.