Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So at this point should we just expect The Haunting of Hill House? He’s been hinting at it a lot and it hasn’t been very subtle either.

Stranger Things.
I figured it would be difficult if they wanted to do a effect where the facade is the Arcade and it switches from Normal to the Upside Down from the outside and inside. And to get the Mind Flayer in there. At least that's what makes sense to me.

If anyone is curious (Happens at 2:19)

Last edited:

Two purge mazes.

Real talk, that entire convo is about repeat mazes, which are presumably Stranger Things 2 and Universal Monsters 2.

(This also implies that the other 5 mazes are at least partially never-before-seen

Edit: tentative maze lineup with this info

Haunting of Hill House
Killer Klownz
Hellraiser
Stranger Things 2
Universal Classic Monsters
Blumhouse vol 3: Us and Happy Death Day 2U
Original property.

Terror tram: Childs play, pet sematary, etc.

Last edited:
Just curious, what was the argument for John Carpenter's The Thing not coming to this year's event again? Was it budgetary reasons?

*might* not count on UCM coming back. Just *might* though.

Id be fine with it wither coming or not coming, honestly. It's such a legendary maze, and I'd love to see all the bits that were ultimately cut.

If it doesn't come, I think something like Child's Play 2, with actual puppets instead of the lanky tall-chuckies of years past, is long overdue.

Just curious, what was the argument for John Carpenter's The Thing not coming to this year's event again? Was it budgetary reasons?

Yah, budget was the reason I remember.

TBH I never really felt that UCM would come back for 2019. Nothing against it at all, as it was one of my favorite mazes last year. I just always felt that it was a property that John respected so much that he wouldn't want to potentially drag it out year after year (like Insidious, Walking Dead, and Purge), and end up making it feel stale. Sure there's a lot he could still do with it, but I really feel like if he's going to bring it back, it wouldn't be so close to it's 2018 debut where people will easily nitpick it and fault it for potentially not living up to the previous year's execution.

Reactions: chris.g
If it doesn't come, I think something like Child's Play 2, with actual puppets instead of the lanky tall-chuckies of years past, is long overdue.
I don't think I would want Child's Play at Hollywood in any shape or form anymore after the previously interesting (Nice way to put it) iterations of it.

If Universal Monsters isn't back for 2019..it would actually make sense, considering that there have been rumors for Universal looking to invest with Universal Monsters in a more...permanent location.

I don't think I would want Child's Play at Hollywood in any shape or form anymore after the previously interesting (Nice way to put it) iterations of it.

I'd highly disagree.

Chucky (whether the Childs Play films, or the most recent material) can make sense in a close-quarters maze. Especially, if they do things in a way that are more similar to Blood Brothers than doing a direct adaptation.

The other fear regarding Monsters 2.0 is cast alchemy; the cast makes or breaks a maze, and it feels unlikely the attraction will manage such an enthusiastic, massive cast that really gelled. We saw the tapering off happen with American Werewolf in London Part II in Orlando, not to mention the underwhelming (years later!) Havoc sequel.

Agree to disagree. I feel like Chucky got the short stick in terms of major slashers, never getting a full-on maze for himself. Poltergeist at least showed that you can make a maze where the majority of the notable scares are blackout actors, and I really feel like Chucky's smallness means alot of versatility wrt how they design the scares.

I'd highly disagree.

Chucky (whether the Childs Play films, or the most recent material) can make sense in a close-quarters maze. Especially, if they do things in a way that are more similar to Blood Brothers than doing a direct adaptation.
Yeah it would make sense but you gotta ask...

Wait how have they been doing Chucky this past couple years?
20190109_152704.jpg
20190109_152719.jpg
20190109_152732.jpg
It's not that I don't agree on Chucky coming back. He's huge in marketing and such. But Hollywood doesn't really know how to do Chucky properly. That's why I said that I wouldn't want Chucky to be back at the event. But there's a chance. Hollywood loves using something that they don't know how to give any justice to.

Reactions: chris.g