Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

@HHNManics I do think Killer Klownz is coming, but the way he says "something you might not be expecting" just makes me think that something else is coming too. After all, people were asking for Killer Klownz in the twitter thread.

The Thing could definitely fit that category of us not expecting it to come. Although it's not a lesser known film like TrT.

I'd like to think it is literally something we won't see coming. I see these two ideas pop up over and over every year on various threads. What if it is literally off our radar? I like surprises.

I'd like to think it is literally something we won't see coming. I see these two ideas pop up over and over every year on various threads. What if it is literally off our radar? I like surprises.
I like to think that most properties that are coming are A. Highly popular and requested. Or B. Very well liked by People.

I could maybe think that Pink Floyd's the Wall is a little unknown.

But the fact he says some implies more than 1. The Thing is not unknown but it would be unexpected. Klowns is kinda lesser known compared to other properties but most people are expecting it. Possibly Pink Floyd's the Wall as it is lesser known and a favorite and it would be unexpected.

this question reminded me when during scarela 2016, a fan asked what dream property they wanted to do after the exorcist. Chris said either "evil dead 2" (which john also wanted to do) or "the original thing", john also said classic monsters. we already got classic monsters, and we sorta ish got evil dead 2 with ash vs evil dead (which was supposed to be evil dead 1 and 2 with ash vs evil dead being in name only, but that got scrapped), so the thing might happen sooner then we think.

I like to think that most properties that are coming are A. Highly popular and requested. Or B. Very well liked by People.

I could maybe think that Pink Floyd's the Wall is a little unknown.

But the fact he says some implies more than 1. The Thing is not unknown but it would be unexpected. Klowns is kinda lesser known compared to other properties but most people are expecting it. Possibly Pink Floyd's the Wall as it is lesser known and a favorite and it would be unexpected.

Dang, The Wall would be INTENSE.

EDIT: What about a Smiths/Morrissey maze while we're at it? Or a Rob Zombie or Marilyn Manson music maze. Nine inch Nails maze, featuring Downward Spiral and Year Zero to help fill the political void left by the Purge. The possibilities are endless!

this question reminded me when during scarela 2016, a fan asked what dream property they wanted to do after the exorcist. Chris said either "evil dead 2" (which john also wanted to do) or "the original thing", john also said classic monsters. we already got classic monsters, and we sorta ish got evil dead 2 with ash vs evil dead (which was supposed to be evil dead 1 and 2 with ash vs evil dead being in name only, but that got scrapped), so the thing might happen sooner then we think.

It's amazing to see The Thing jump into the speculated lineup so quickly. I kinda like that there hasn't been a leaked list yet this year.

I'll restate what I said last time: The Thing is great for a maze because of how few "showstopper" sequences there are. There really is only the Dog Thing, the Norris thing, and the Blair thing at the end. They can reuse props from the old maze, like the ice block and the split-face thing for the Norwegian base. Bennings being assimilated can be a simple mannequin/animatronic, while the Bennings Thing could be an actor. Meanwhile, Palmer Thing could be an actor, and that weird Ash vs. Evil Dead scene where Ash's sister is latched onto Ash could be used for the scene where Palmer Thing is eating Windows's face.

Compared to something like Hill House or Alien, there's no need for expensive sets or even really elaborate costumes outside of the Things. They could fill out the maze with 60% look-alikes and no one would complain. Everyone would just remember the really cool monsters, kinda like the original movie actually.

It could fill out the Mummy queue or the Metro Sets easily, with a few massive set-pieces like the Dog Kennel, a short stint through the Norwegian Base, a couple of scenes with Bennings, crazy Blair and paranoid researchers, then another set-piece with Norris thing, then Palmer thing, then Blair's crazy room with the noose, the spaceship, then end with the tunnels with Blair thing. Bam.

Last edited:
Dang, The Wall would be INTENSE.

What about a Smiths/Morrissey maze while we're at it? Or a Rob Zombie or Marilyn Manson music maze. Nine inch Nails maze, featuring Downward Spiral and Year Zero to help fill the political void left by the Purge. The possibilities are endless!

It's amazing to see The Thing jump into the speculated lineup so quickly. I kinda like that there hasn't been a leaked list yet this year.

I'll restate what I said last time: The Thing is great for a maze because of how few "showstopper" sequences there are. There really is only the Dog Thing, the Norris thing, and the Blair thing at the end. They can reuse props from the old maze, like the ice block and the split-face thing for the Norwegian base. Bennings being assimilated can be a simple mannequin/animatronic, while the Bennings Thing could be an actor. Meanwhile, Palmer Thing could be an actor, and that weird Ash vs. Evil Dead scene where Ash's sister is latched onto Ash could be used for the scene where Palmer Thing is eating Windows's face.

Compared to something like Hill House or Alien, there's no need for expensive sets or even really elaborate costumes outside of the Things. They could fill out the maze with 60% look-alikes and no one would complain. Everyone would just remember the really cool monsters, kinda like the original movie actually.
i used to think it would be a short maze, due tot their only being 5 creatures. but i did a small writeup of scenes, and it can work extremly well in the mummy queue or backlot tent.
entrance - outpost 31 (crashed helicopter and dead Norwegian at front, audio trigger will play saying "first goddamn week of winter.")
facade - Norwegian outpost (burnt thing at front, a audio trigger will play saying "what is that? is that a man in there or something?")
scene 1 - kennel hallway (dog barking and a strange hiss is heard, audio trigger will play saying " i don't know what the hell's in their, but it's weird and pi***d off whatever it is.")
scene 2 - dog kennel (the dog-thing will be seen snarling and roaring, a audio trigger will play saying "DAMN IT CHILD'S, TORCH IT!", child's will come out with a flamethrower and try to burn the thing (heated air effect)
scene 3 - storage room (the burnt up thing is seen underneath cloth, multiple tentacles are seen coming out of it and assimilating bennings, the burnt up things hand would then reach out towards you to scare.)
scene 4 - outside (the bennings-thing is seen kneeling, his head would then look up at the guests and he'll roar)
scene 5 - radio room (the insane blair would wander the room with a axe, and try to swing it at us)
scene 6 - lab room (the lights in the room are pitch black, a shadowy figure would walk by and a alien howl is heard)
scene 7 - outside (you pass by Fuchs's burning corpse, he'll sometimes spring back to life and try to reach for help)
scene 8 - storage room (macready would hold a stick of dynamite, and tell the guests to stay back)
scene 9 - med ward (the Norris-thing would be seen their roaring, macready would come out and try to torch it, near the end of the room is the spider headed Norris-thing for a scare)
scene 10 - rec room ( multiple of the members are tied up on the couch, a half assimilated windows slowly reaches out to you, this serves as a distraction for the Palmer-thing to attack)
scene 11 - tool shed ( Blair is seen assimilating Garry, he'll sometimes try to attack you to)
scene 12 - out with a bang (the giant Blair-thing is seen roaring at you, macready would come out with a stick of dynamite and throws it towards it.)
scene 13 - "see what happens" (child's and macready are seen sitting right next to each other, the main theme plays as you exit)

Last edited:
i used to think it would be a short maze, due tot their only being 5 creatures. but i did a small writeup of scenes, and it can work extremly well in the mummy queue or backlot tent.
entrance - outpost 31 (crashed helicopter and dead Norwegian at front, audio trigger will play saying "first goddamn week of winter.")
facade - Norwegian outpost (burnt thing at front, a audio trigger will play saying "what is that? is that a man or something?")
scene 1 - kennel hallway (dog barking and a strange hiss is heard, audio trigger will play saying " i don't know what the hell's in their, but it's weird and pi***d off whatever it is.")
scene 2 - dog kennel (the dog-thing will be seen snarling and roaring, a audio trigger will play saying "DAMN IT CHILD'S, TORCH IT!", child's will come out with a flamethrower and try to burn the thing (heated air effect)
scene 3 - storage room (the burnt up thing is seen underneath cloth, multiple tentacles are seen coming out of it and assimilating bennings, the burnt up things hand would then reach out towards you to scare.)
scene 4 - outside (the bennings-thing is seen kneeling, his head would then look up at the guests and he'll roar)
scene 5 - radio room (the insane blair would wander the room with a axe, and try to swing it at us)
scene 6 - lab room (the lights in the room are pitch black, a shadowy figure would walk by and a alien howl is heard)
scene 7 - outside (you pass by Fuchs's burning corpse, he'll sometimes spring back to life and try to reach for help)
scene 8 - storage room (macready would hold a stick of dynamite, and tell the guests to stay back)
scene 9 - med ward (the Norris-thing would be seen their roaring, macready would come out and try to torch it, near the end of the room is the spider headed Norris-thing for a scare)
scene 10 - rec room ( multiple of the members are tied up on the couch, a half assimilated windows slowly reaches out to you, this serves as a distraction for the Palmer-thing to attack)
scene 11 - tool shed ( Blair is seen assimilating Garry, he'll sometimes try to attack you to)
scene 12 - out with a bang (the giant Blair-thing is seen roaring at you, macready would come out with a stick of dynamite and throws it towards it.)
scene 13 - "see what happens" (child's and macready are seen sitting right next to each other, the main theme plays as you exit)

I forgot all about Fuchs, honestly. That's a damn cool write-up. Starting at the Norwegian Base is actually kind of genius. Maybe, this is funny; maybe they'd throw in the giant monster from the end of the 2011 prequel at the beginning, sort of implying that you're going through the end of the prequel into the first movie.

It would be cool to have the flamethrower effect sort of "suggested" I think, where round a corner you're not supposed to go down, there are lights and speakers rigged up so that when someone triggers it, there's a flash of yellow light and the sound of a flamethrower with the heated air. It makes it look like someone is using it just down the corner.

Then, you turn a corner and see the slightly burned Thing still going wild.

To help fill the political void left by the Purge. The possibilities are endless!
Depends on what you are talking about. In terms of them using it over and over again or the intensity.

Personally I see CryptTV being the next Purge possibly being used for Tram or a Zone or as a maze. I think it will be Tram this year (And maybe Opening Zone) but I can see it maybe evolving in years to come.

As for intensity I don't think the Purge is intense or HHN really is intense anymore. Mainly the actors make it somewhat scary. But I'm pretty much gonna get 1-3 scares per night. HHN isn't really scary or intense anymore. So I don't see that.

Depends on what you are talking about. In terms of them using it over and over again or the intensity.

Personally I see CryptTV being the next Purge possibly being used for Tram or a Zone or as a maze. I think it will be Tram this year (And maybe Opening Zone) but I can see it maybe evolving in years to come.

As for intensity I don't think the Purge is intense or HHN really is intense anymore. Mainly the actors make it somewhat scary. But I'm pretty much gonna get 1-3 scares per night. HHN isn't really scary or intense anymore. So I don't see that.

Haha, I moreso meant that Year Zero could be the "political" maze this year, just because that album was all about an evil theocratic USA. I've been convinced by the people saying that Crypt TV is gonna show up this year and have an enduring presence; them and Blumhouse feel like they're gonna fill the Walking Dead / Purge void in terms of lineup padding.

And I meant that the Wall would be an Intense maze. Seriously, classrooms, the conveyor belt of schoolchildren, the angry teachers, the judge, the crazy wall, the Scarfe art, it'd be a wacky and intense maze. Hell, maybe THAT will be the 3d maze.

And I meant that the Wall would be an Intense maze. Seriously, classrooms, the conveyor belt of schoolchildren, the angry teachers, the judge, the crazy wall, the Scarfe art, it'd be a wacky and intense maze. Hell, maybe THAT will be the 3d maze.
Maybe it is just me but I don't think HHN is really all that smart to be intense anymore. Most scares are kinda the same and the only thing that makes them work is the actor. That's it. And I personally can't find HHN intense anymore. And it would probably wouldn't be 3D.

Maybe it is just me but I don't think HHN is really all that smart to be intense anymore. Most scares are kinda the same and the only thing that makes them work is the actor. That's it. And I personally can't find HHN intense anymore. And it would probably wouldn't be 3D.

Different strokes, I guess. I'm relatively new to the event, so I was frightened going through alot of the mazes last year. TrT got me so good.

I think I know what you mean though. I used to be terrified of horror movies, but after watching Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the intensity just slowly drained out for me. I started enjoying horror movies as a spectacle, appreciating the direction, being impressed with the way that directors like James Wan and others set up their scares, etc. I think that's how I'll eventually be with HHN; I can appreciate the puppetry and beauty of the mazes while not being too frightened.

facade - Norwegian outpost (burnt thing at front, a audio trigger will play saying "what is that? is that a man or something?")
Thats is awesome! I really hope this does happen. For scene 10 it would be cool to see The Thing tied up in the chair, then he breaks free and runs up to you ( It would be so cool to see the mask split and turn into a mouth) or Maybe the thing scaring you while eating Windows. Either way it's pretty awesome.

Thats is awesome! I really hope this does happen. For scene 10 it would be cool to see The Thing tied up in the chair, then he breaks free and runs up to you ( It would be so cool to see the mask split and turn into a mouth) or Maybe the thing scaring you while eating Windows. Either way it's pretty awesome.
Double post sorry, I really screwed up on that comment. If you wanna look, its at the bottom of the spoiler quote.

holy crap, i didn't expect people actually liking this idea. the thing is my favorite horror movie, so this means alot by getting the house right.

Referring to one of my older posts if this does not refer to Hellraiser for this it could be for Pink Floyd's the Wall possibly. That would make more sense for him getting inspiration on how to do the maze.

And this could be the guy that Murdy contacts to try in get in contact with the main singer possibly since he has worked with him before.

Referring to one of my older posts if this does not refer to Hellraiser for this it could be for Pink Floyd's the Wall possibly. That would make more sense for him getting inspiration on how to do the maze.

And this could be the guy that Murdy contacts to try in get in contact with the main singer possibly since he has worked with him before.

I will always support Pink Floyd.

Though, I have to ask... Is a Rocky Horror Picture Show maze ever going to be in the cards?

Probably not.

But after viewing it again there is stuff from Pink Floyd's the Wall that could connect to that.

"Phantasmagoric Faces"
View attachment 8718
"Wraith Like Creatures":
View attachment 8719
View attachment 8720
Yeah I could see this being a really cool maze.

If nothing else, I want to see a maze that's literally a fever dream, like Murdy says his inspiration was. The Wall seems like as good a property for that as any.

From the properties that have been discussed on here this is the list of properties most to least likely coming to HHN 2019
(Keep in mind there can only be 7-(possibly 8) mazes)
1. Stranger Things 2
2. The Haunting of Hill House
3. Killer Klownz From Outer-space
4. The Horrors of Blumhouse Chapter 3/ solo Happy Death Day maze
5. Hellraiser
6. The Thing
7. Pink Floyd
8. Hispanic original
9. Chucky (2013)
10. Rob Zombie property(s)