Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 209 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
We aren't getting any Jason (and probably not Freddy) for a while. The rights are a mess, and it's starting to affect things as slight as merchandising.

Reactions: Freak and HHNManics
IT, Conjuring, Arkham Asylum and Beetlejuice. If you had to choose one of these properties to come to HHN, what would be? For me personally, Arkham Asylum. Because Batman, thats why.

These are my predictions for next year, IF we get Warner Bros

Goosebumps
Beetle juice
Arkham/Birds/Joker
Conjuring
Walking Dead
Monsters spin off
Original (Spirits and Demons)
Original (Up in the air)
Quiet Place (survey and sequel releasing ‘20)
Halloween (Halloween 2 comes out next year)

Goosebumps
Beetle juice
Arkham/Birds/Joker
Conjuring
Walking Dead
Monsters spin off
Original (Up in the air)

Feel like they'll skip Beetlejuice if they're bringing Goosebumps, or relegate it to a show.

Even though there are whispers of Netflix being unhappy with the Stranger Things maze this year, I'm sure they'll extend the license one more year because the show is ending next year. Apparently the Halloween rights are messed up, so it's unknown if that can come next year.

They're probably also gonna work hard to get Candyman, either the original or the remake, at the park.

Hill House, Creepshow sequel, and All Hallows Evil mazes are also something to look out for.

Reactions: HydraGen2299
Maybe it's just me, but I kinda feel that if some want to conjecture about next year's properties, maybe that should be a separate thread? And then this one can stay focused on developments, thoughts, and opinions for this year.

Reactions: foodstampsFTW
Maybe it's just me, but I kinda feel that if some want to conjecture about next year's properties, maybe that should be a separate thread? And then this one can stay focused on developments, thoughts, and opinions for this year.
That should be a different thread, but it also shouldn’t be added until after this year is over.

We made it one weekend before you guys tried to start speculating about next year.

Goosebumps
Beetle juice
Arkham/Birds/Joker
Conjuring
Walking Dead
Monsters spin off
Original (Up in the air)
I dont think a quiet place would ever come to the event, no idea why its on the survey considering that movie fundamentally doesnt work as a maze.

I dont think a quiet place would ever come to the event, no idea why its on the survey considering that movie fundamentally doesnt work as a maze.

I could see it in some regards, in-part to the creature designs and certain scenes (in the forest, silo, and home). It also could be there, because Murdy has read the script for AQP2; and it's there as part of the ideas..

That said, as much as I am interested in 2020; we can wait off on that until after HHN 2019, no?

Even though there are whispers of Netflix being unhappy with the Stranger Things maze this year, I'm sure they'll extend the license one more year because the show is ending next year. Apparently the Halloween rights are messed up, so it's unknown if that can come next year.

Are they really? I mean not a surprise but thats interesting lol. Hopefully that’ll make the big wigs put more budget into the event.

Also does anyone else want more decade years? Or maybe just other loose themes?

Are they really? I mean not a surprise but thats interesting lol. Hopefully that’ll make the big wigs put more budget into the event.

Also does anyone else want more decade years? Or maybe just other loose themes?

It was something that was mentioned on the 29 thread. No idea how that'll end up panning out.

Hope it doesn't end badly, though. I'd love a Witcher house one of these days.

I know people don't want Freddy back but I'd kill for a maze based solely on Dream Warriors alone. Hollywood has never really done a proper OG NoES house outside the first, reboot, and Freddy vs Jason.

Dream Warriors would make an amazing maze, so would the fourth film in the series, The Dream Master. Even 5 and 6 have a lot of potential to make great mazes. Having most of the Elm Street environments in mazes limited to the boiler room and 1428 Elm Street is really ignoring the vast variety of locations that the movies have that would lend themselves to great scenes in mazes. If we got a maze for two Halloween sequels, we can get mazes for NoES 3 and 4.

I could see it in some regards, in-part to the creature designs and certain scenes (in the forest, silo, and home). It also could be there, because Murdy has read the script for AQP2; and it's there as part of the ideas..

That said, as much as I am interested in 2020; we can wait off on that until after HHN 2019, no?
You see, i can see A Quiet Place working as a maze, but the main problem for it being a haunt is the guests. Do you have any idea how annoying the average guest will be (Not you guys, just ¨those¨ guests)

Last edited: