Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 135 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I just don't want black box,trigger scares this year. I know that's wishful thinking but they need to learn that that's not scary, just startling.

This worked wonders with the build of suspense in Exorcist, and I was one of the ones who praised the hell out of it. Unfortunately, it came back into every maze the year after. HHN has the tendency to do that. "You liked this? We'll do it in EEEEVERY MAZE NEXT YEEAAAAR!"

Giant monster at the end of the Thing and suddenly every maze for about 2-3 years had this! I remember one year there were hanging bodies in every maze, even though that's the oldest trick in the book. You like the transition light at the end of This Is The End?! EVERY MAZE MUST HAVE ONE AND TITANS OF TERROR MUST HAVE MULTIPLES! *Oprah* EVERYBODY GETS A TRANSITION LIIIIIIGHT!

This worked wonders with the build of suspense in Exorcist, and I was one of the ones who praised the hell out of it. Unfortunately, it came back into every maze the year after. HHN has the tendency to do that. "You liked this? We'll do it in EEEEVERY MAZE NEXT YEEAAAAR!"

Giant monster at the end of the Thing and suddenly every maze for about 2-3 years had this! I remember one year there were hanging bodies in every maze, even though that's the oldest trick in the book. You like the transition light at the end of This Is The End?! EVERY MAZE MUST HAVE ONE AND TITANS OF TERROR MUST HAVE MULTIPLES! *Oprah* EVERYBODY GETS A TRANSITION LIIIIIIGHT!
Or that animatronic horde scare from walking dead 2013, and then it was in like 4 houses the next year. I’ve been meaning to talk about this for a long time but never got around to it.

Or that animatronic horde scare from walking dead 2013

*Puppet (Gotta give credit to those blackout actors):eek:O:

HHN as well as many other haunts use the hanging body "gag" to control which direction you walk in a large room. Most of the time it's leading you directly into a scare.... I think all of your examples are just coincidental but, hilarious

1,000th MESSAGE WOOOOHOOOOO

Last edited:
I just remembered the facade scare from Walking Dead 2012. That was the first year they did something like that, don’t quote me on that. And the next year it was done for 3 or 4 houses.

Perhaps if they decide to do the Uber Fan storyline for that maze, it can be a similar structure, at the beginning of the maze, like Titans of Terror.
What "Uber Fan" storyline? It was the most underused forgotten concept that did NOT set up the maze experience or go past the first scene. It was pointless, almost as much as The Screecher. I enjoyed Titans of Terror for what it was, but like everything else last year, it was half-a**ed

Or that animatronic horde scare from walking dead 2013, and then it was in like 4 houses the next year.
twd, clowns 3d, and double attack in dracula.. then awil had the lame subway car

HHN as well as many other haunts use the hanging body "gag" to control which direction you walk in a large room. Most of the time it's leading you directly into a scare....
there's direction/distraction, but then there's excessive murdy laziness... and a lot of the times the bodies have killed potential scares.

I think all of your examples are just coincidental but, hilarious
These incidents were way too intentionally bunch together back-to-back and timed to be coincidences and are clear indicators of a success-repeat formula with a clear agenda. This is highly evident considering only one person writes the scripts for these mazes. If it were Knotts with 3-4 creative directors, I'd say possible coincidence, but this is someone pulling the strings to purposely drive up statistics on certain practicalities haha.

I have a feeling it'll be American Horror Story. Last year's June maze announcement was AHS, and given that it's technically a shared IP with Orlando, I can definitely see marketing wanting to get that announcement out of the way to have the rest of summer for announcing our exclusives.

I have a feeling it'll be American Horror Story. Last year's June maze announcement was AHS, and given that it's technically a shared IP with Orlando, I can definitely see marketing wanting to get that announcement out of the way to have the rest of summer for announcing our exclusives.

Everyone "in the know" on the Orlando side says no AHS house there this year. Slight possibility of a scarezone, but probably not.

Everyone "in the know" on the Orlando side says no AHS house there this year. Slight possibility of a scarezone, but probably not.

Ah, well in a way I can understand the appeal of having AHS: Cult as a scare zone, rather than an actual house. Given that we're rumored to be doing the same it makes sense. Especially given that season 7 was the weaker of the AHS series, the characters seems more appropriate for a SZ.

What "Uber Fan" storyline? It was the most underused forgotten concept that did NOT set up the maze experience or go past the first scene. It was pointless, almost as much as The Screecher. I enjoyed Titans of Terror for what it was, but like everything else last year, it was half-a**ed.

You can call it half-a**ed all you want; I, at least, am willing to give Murdy some credit. Given the loss of the Conjuring in WW, at least he tried to add something original to that house. It would be foolish to think whatever element he added to that maze would be so completely new and never-been-done-before to change the vibe of the house, given that most people going in that maze are interested in Freddy, Jason, and Leatherface. And given that a lot of other people at the event and on here liked the concept of the Uber Fan, as well as making whatever tweaks necessary to the already constructed facade, originally for The Conjuring, I give props to the team and Murdy for being able to adapt to that blow, especially how close to the event they already were when we found out about the loss of the Conjuring. It's simple, yet memorable, like Hollywood Harry. Nothing completely unique, but it worked well for it's intended purpose.

And given that a lot of other people at the event and on here liked the concept of the Uber Fan, as well as making whatever tweaks necessary to the already constructed facade, originally for The Conjuring.
I’m pretty sure we lost The Conjuring LONG before construction on the Waterworld venue began... especially cause I have a construction video from mid July labeling it as Uber Fan with a barely constructed facade...
but I digress and should stay focused on 2018 rather than 2017
Thinking AHS will be the next announcement as well. Just to kinda get it out of the way and make way for bigger and better things this year. I wish they would do it sooner rather than later because we all know it’s coming back and the GP are gonna be split being excited and saying “why are you doing this again do IT?!” Little do they know...

Reactions: Wesker69
I wish they would do it sooner rather than later because we all know it’s coming back and the GP are gonna be split being excited and saying “why are you doing this again do IT?!” Little do they know...

The GP will always be restless about announcements. Hell, I've already seen some people wanting to see Get Out and even NOES come to this year's event on some Twitter comments. Given that I'm sure the people wanting Freddy back probably heard the rumor going on months ago about it possibly coming in Orlando and that got them excited again. In all reality nothing really makes them happy. I guarantee you we're gonna see a lot of complaining when UCM gets announced, saying things like "WTF classic monsters aren't scary!" or "Why didn't you do [insert never-been-done-before-IP] instead?" or "You should've done [insert Titan of Terror] again. Their past mazes were bomb AF".

Last edited:
Reactions: HorrorNightsFan13
Ah dang, I just realized we're not gonna be able to film construction of the JP maze, on the tram, anymore in future HHN construction videos. Well, at least the SS is worth it.