Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 267 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
tenor.gif

Reactions: Horror Lover
Yeah, I think we got a bit..out of topic there; if it's more insinuated to what Murdy is baking.

__

Getting back to HHN for a moment, I have to ask to those who are going multiple nights..how is the crowd levels holding up? I would be curious to see how it's varying so-far as we get to the 12th day mark.

I think I have a vague idea about what he's working on... but it's more a hunch. And no, not the Monsters maze, though I'm under the impression that's still in possible play.

Crowds still feel softer than 2016. Saturdays are selling out, Fridays are doing very well (20K+), but Thursdays and Sundays have been fairly light. The added Wednesday performed better than the added Sunday but was still fairly uncrowded. There hasn't been a day that's literally "dead" with the exception of that added Sunday.

First Purge is by far and away commanding the longest queues of the night, often exceeding Stranger Things. Stranger Things and Poltergeist compete for the 2nd slot, with Halloween climbing to the 3rd/4th slot at the beginning and end of the night.

On another note seeing the videos of IT and Conjuring at Horror Made Here is killing me for them to come eventually. This year was great without them but hopefully we’ll get them eventually

Reactions: chris.g
I think I'll skip the event this year and head to a few kick ass haunts for half the price.

Example: ROT, Ghost Train, etc...

(Jesus this post sounds like a paid advertisement)

Ghost Train is $25-30 bucks this year! I love that event, and I do realize that now includes Boney Island... but that strikes me as pretty expensive for what amounts to be a family haunt. :/

Not to sound mean, but I hope it fails.
I mean, ideally, I truly wish it was great. Nothing would be better than to have another solid, premium Haunt in SoCal. The competition and the very fact we'd get more mazes and more events and more fun to be had is every Haunters dream. But it looks like it has many leaps and bounds before it gets there.
And I'd rather we not waste the next 5 years for them to try and figure it out and for them to ultimately give up due to low crowds, when we have some really good years and properties at that event wasting away when we could have them right now while they're relevant at HHN, or heck, KSF instead.

I hate to talk bad about any event but I just watched the 4 mazes WB have and I'm glad I watched them instead of spent too much to see them. Maybe next year HHN can get a property or two and do them the right way. It's kind of sad how bad they are.
Imagine if it was on an e-ticket basis and you had to spend $20 for that Conjuring house. I'd want a refund so bad.
Help us Universal Studios, you're our only hope.

I hate to talk bad about any event but I just watched the 4 mazes WB have and I'm glad I watched them instead of spent too much to see them. Maybe next year HHN can get a property or two and do them the right way. It's kind of sad how bad they are.

I'm starting to wonder if WB hasn't already filed away a "return to HHN" game plan just in case...

Ghost Train is $25-30 bucks this year! I love that event, and I do realize that now includes Boney Island... but that strikes me as pretty expensive for what amounts to be a family haunt. :/

That money goes right back into the into the LA Live Steamers Museum, so I have no problem paying $25 or $30 to keep a good thing going. The extra $15 for Boney Island is fine too. I consider that a donation to these small organizations that put these events on. USH is charging upwards of $200 on some nights for a one time front of the line pass. That is expensive.