Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 71 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
giphy.gif

Huh; so a UCM mashup could be happening after all

Mazes:
Camouflage = AHS- Asylum
Detective = IT
Sound = Classic Universal Monsters mashup
Reflect = Halloween
Breaking Bad = Trick 'r Treat
Ship = Stranger Things
Sticky =The Thing

Terror Tram:
Beginning = ?

Scare Zones:
Wizard = AHS- Cult

Show
Curtains = ?

Reactions: horrornights789
Mazes:
Camouflage = AHS- Asylum
Detective = IT
Sound = Classic Universal Monsters mashup
Reflect = Halloween
Breaking Bad = Trick 'r Treat
Ship = Stranger Things
Sticky =The Thing

Terror Tram:
Beginning = ?

Scare Zones:
Wizard = AHS- Cult

Show
Curtains = ?

Ughhh this is such a good lineup. There’s honestly no property on that list that would survive if it was given the black wall treatment. Imo the best part about this is only 1 Blumhouse property and 0 Purge

I could just be skeptical, but I’m not really buying this lineup. The Thing, Trick R Treat and Classic Monsters have been rumored and speculated to happen every year for like the last 3-4 years, is there any real reason to believe it’s adtually happening, other than insiders saying it is.

I'm guessing AHS would be the first announcement, to coincide with Orlando announcing theirs. And of course Halloween coming out the day of or after the trailer drops. Perhaps UCM might be the last one to be announced, considering this is something Murdy has wanted for so long.

For announcement orders I think it might go:

- Stranger Things(March)
- The Thing(April)
- Asylum Maze & Cult SZ(May)
- Halloween(June)
- Trick ‘r Treat(late June)
- IT(July)
- UCM(August)
- Scarezones(August)

Also this order can be impacted based on whatever IP Terror Tram is based on. It worked last year for them to announce TT and ToT together at Scare LA, but I'm curious about this year's tram theme.

To give some additional details to just where the mazes will be located, as far as I understand.
Backlot
FX's American Horror Story: Asylum - From Dusk Till Dawn Tent
Warner Bros IT - Soundstage 747 Parking Lot
Trick r' Treat - Metro Set's Tent

Lower Lot
John Carpenter's The Thing - Revenge of The Mummy Overflow

Upper Lot
Stranger Things - Waterworld Outdoor Queue
Universal's Classic Monsters - Parisian Courtyard

Unknown
Blumhouse's Halloween - Unknown

This year, as far as I understand, will be the first time that River Adventure's overflow will not be used, since before Alice Cooper's Welcome to My Nightmare from 2011.

This year will also be only having two exclusive IP, in the form of Universal's Classic Monsters, and American Horror Story: Asylum. I am not going to clarify on Orlando as of now, but that this year should bring the event to have similar marketing strategies to each other, similar to last year's Holidays at Universal Parks and Resorts at Hollywood and Orlando.

And now, unless if anyone figures out Beginning or Curtains, I am out of the discussion ring for Halloween Horror Nights 2018, until I can speak about the lineup more publicly than this. I have never done anything like this before in the scale, so I thank you all for pitying me for just a few.

Reactions: horrornights789
To give some additional details to just where the mazes will be located, as far as I understand.
Backlot
FX's American Horror Story: Asylum - From Dusk Till Dawn Tent
Warner Bros IT - Soundstage 747 Parking Lot
Trick r' Treat - Metro Set's Tent

Lower Lot
John Carpenter's The Thing - Revenge of The Mummy Overflow

Upper Lot
Stranger Things - Waterworld Outdoor Queue
Universal's Classic Monsters - Parisian Courtyard

Unknown
Blumhouse's Halloween - Unknown

This year, as far as I understand, will be the first time that River Adventure's overflow will not be used, since before Alice Cooper's Welcome to My Nightmare from 2011.

This year will also be only having two exclusive IP, in the form of Universal's Classic Monsters, and American Horror Story: Asylum. I am not going to clarify on Orlando as of now, but that this year should bring the event to have similar marketing strategies to each other, similar to last year's Holidays at Universal Parks and Resorts at Hollywood and Orlando.

And now, unless if anyone figures out Beginning or Curtains, I am out of the discussion ring for Halloween Horror Nights 2018, until I can speak about the lineup more publicly than this. I have never done anything like this before in the scale, so I thank you all for pitying me for just a few.

Best lineup of all time imo. If the houses deliver and the zones are good too I can’t see how they’ll top this in 2019, unless they bring in The Conjuring

Reactions: MacMillian Crew
Hopefully the execution matches the anticipation of the lineup! Plus we should get a normal upper lot scare zone with the fire tower coming back hopefully!

I can’t even imagine Stranger Things in WW; I trust it’ll be fine but with the amount of puppets they’ll need idk how they’ll fit everything

That's what I was thinking; I assumed it would've been in at least Metro Sets, for the stuff they need to put in the maze, as well as driving crowds to the back lot for IT and AHS as well. How is the structure for that new store next to Water World look, in terms of space for crowds?

That's what I was thinking; I assumed it would've been in at least Metro Sets, for the stuff they need to put in the maze, as well as driving crowds to the back lot for IT and AHS as well. How is the structure for that new store next to Water World look, in terms of space for crowds?

I hope that Trick ‘r Treat will get a huge boost in wait times thanks to Asylum and IT, they’ve tried getting it so long it would be a shame if it bombs like AvED. And yeah the line for Stranger Things is probably gonna exceed 1.5 hours for at least the whole event

Unless Terror Tram's theme is sooooo great, that it puts all these IPs to shame! (Nah but seriously I've been thinking non-stop of what beginning we need to go back to for TT)