Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 72 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
And we know that the Terror Tram is not going to be the new Purge movie?

I first thought it would be, but when I look back, I think the reasons we think it was coming was because people who DIDN'T know the entire lineup were the ones believing it was because it seemed inevitable. Though if this is the year we kiss the Purge good-bye, then I'm totally fine with that!

EDIT: I didn't think of that at all Freak. Good catch

You know what, I've been thinking about it for awhile now and it's a bit of a reach but who's to say Beginning is pinned to an IP or an original theme for the TT. We all speculated that TT wouldn't be coming back and the stuff we had made actual sense/was concrete about saying so. I really don't think they'll use The Purge for it unless they want to get slapped by their fans again or remotely use money for an attraction that costs a lot to keep running AND doesn't even get rated that well. It's ran it course and has made memories whether it'd be good or bad. Beginning for me at least means "(new) beginning". In other words, TT is either gone for this year or gone period which makes more sense since I'm trying to connect it with Beginning. And for Curtains it could mean "curtains closing". So possibly no show this year either.

You know what, I've been thinking about it for awhile now and it's a bit of a reach but who's to say Beginning is pinned to an IP or an original theme for the TT. We all speculated that TT wouldn't be coming back and the stuff we had made actual sense/was concrete about saying so. I really don't think they'll use The Purge for it unless they want to get slapped by their fans again or remotely use money for an attraction that costs a lot to keep running AND doesn't even get rated that well. It's ran it course and has made memories whether it'd be good or bad. Beginning for me at least means "(new) beginning". In other words, TT is either gone for this year or gone period which makes more sense since I'm trying to connect it with Beginning. And for Curtains it could mean "curtains closing". So possibly no show this year either.

One part of me is ok with this. I mean, I have good memories of the tram, and more money for mazes, right?

The other part of me is thinking just how much longer the lines are gonna be without a show or the tram.

One part of me is ok with this. I mean, I have good memories of the tram, and more money for mazes, right?

The other part of me is thinking just how much longer the lines are gonna be without a show or the tram.

This year, assuming no show and no Tram, they’ll need Harry Potter to be opened. They’ll also need Despicable Me and all of those open as well

Reactions: Freak
I really hope Tram is gone because it’s a waste of budget. It should’ve gone looooong ago.

If there’s no show this year...ugh. Capacity will suck. I really hope they’ll be open every night if that’s the case.

Wasn't one of the pro-removal tram arguments was that by replacing the tram with 1-2 mazes that close at 2AM, like all the other ones, it would better allocate crowd sizes, as opposed to the tram that closes before 12AM?

I really hope Tram is gone because it’s a waste of budget. It should’ve gone looooong ago.

If there’s no show this year...ugh. Capacity will suck. I really hope they’ll be open every night if that’s the case.

I feel like the Tram for Hollywood is similar to B&T in Orlando... fun but takes a lot of budget that could be spent elsewhere. Last years was fun but the tram is basically just an over glorified Psycho house photo op(which will they even do that this year if Halloween is over by the tram?)

Unless the clue means we're getting a new Tram route, I don't think it's worth keeping at this point as well. The old tram route was removed due to loss of plant life apparently, and the shortened route, starting in 2016, apparently caused huge line buildups in the tram route (I personally never experienced this since it was literally the first thing my group and I do every year on opening night, once going in around 6:50-sh). But if that's the case and nothing drastic is done to the route, better invest in current/new mazes.

I feel like the Tram for Hollywood is similar to B&T in Orlando... fun but takes a lot of budget that could be spent elsewhere. Last years was fun but the tram is basically just an over glorified Psycho house photo op(which will they even do that this year if Halloween is over by the tram?)
Nah.

I’m sure Murdy is angrier than Bruce Willis leaving his gold watch at home right now. The annual leak happened yet again.

*eagerly awaits to see if we have anything on Tram or shows yet*

Nah.

I’m sure Murdy is angrier than Bruce Willis leaving his gold watch at home right now. The annual leak happened yet again.

*eagerly awaits to see if we have anything on Tram or shows yet*

ehhhh there’s not much he can actually do to prevent leaks. We knew about Stranger Things since November, and the rest of it sort of came piece by piece until the codenames got cracked. As much as I want Jabowockeez to leave I doubt they will since Universal probably makes good money off of the merch

Regarding a show, last I heard the duo they want had some guidelines they wanted Uni to abide to in regard to performance times that Uni was very skeptical about. But they NEEDED a people eater for the year so they might've caved, however I'm not sure. It's anyone's guess.

I won't release the rumored duo (though you all are welcome to guess + no idea if the info can be released, so I might not provide hints regardless) because I really wanna see these two this year.

But I did hear it was this show or no show, haven't heard of anything else as of recent.

Regarding a show, last I heard the duo they want had some guidelines they wanted Uni to abide in regard to performance times that Uni was very skeptical about. But they NEEDED a people eater for the year so they might've caved, however I'm not sure. It's anyone's guess.

I won't release the rumored duo (though you all are welcome to guess + no idea if the info can be released, so I might not provide hints regardless) because I really wanna see these two this year.

But I did hear it was this show or no show, haven't heard of anything else as of recent.

Penn & Teller or Key & Peele if I had to guess

Reactions: chris.g

Maybe not gone completely? Could Beginning be referring to the 1986 tram (before the accident)? Just a nighttime version of the tram with some added bonuses. Not sure if that would save money to put towards the rest of the event but i would imagine so.

In other words, TT is either gone for this year or gone period which makes more sense since I'm trying to connect it with Beginning. And for Curtains it could mean "curtains closing". So possibly no show this year either.

And like that, Beginning and Curtains are now connected.

Beginning, represents more to how the Terror Tram has alway's been apart of the history of the event, to it's beginning back in the 1980's. The years have not been kind to the Tram, and that it isn't exactly like it's cheap to operate. I got wind of this before last year ended, and that this year marks the first time in the Murdy-Era that we will not have a Terror Tram.

What comes after? A tombstone.

As far as Curtains, you are somewhat right. I have heard of a show, but that the chances of it happening is somewhat unlikely and that I won't discuss what it is until after 2018 (or if it gets announced). This year, marks the pendulum, of two sides. One side, marks if we get a show, and the other is if we don't. It's neither to close or open, as the curtains lie there for the time being until we see something take the place of the 3-Year contract that Jabbawockeez had.

This year marks major change for the event, internally and externally. And in a way, it made me felt compelled to do a Shinobi of HHN's for this coast, as it does deserve the love.

I don't envy Murdy, but at the same time, I respect him as he has had hit's and missed in the past. This year, seems like his 25. It's a big year, and that this year is important for so many reasons that I can't wait to share once the event ends.

And now, my bus ride ends in the speculation element of HHN, in general. I'll still be around, but that I'll probably only post when there are official announcements. I hope you enjoyed this journey over the past week, as I can't wait to see what curve-balls Murdy has to throw at you all.

But until then, See you soon, Horror Cowboy's.