Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 74 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I remember Murdy mentioning on Twitter he deliberately didn't want to associate the event with Orlando's icons anymore, to give USH a more distinctive atmosphere, only doing so 2006-2007 to help the event kick off again.

Reactions: Horror Lover
I remember Murdy mentioning on Twitter he deliberately didn't want to associate the event with Orlando's icons anymore, to give USH a more distinctive atmosphere, only doing so 2006-2007 to help the event kick off again.

I saw that too, but I also remember in 2013 the rumors of Murdy wanting to use The Usher and doing a 100 Years of Fear event theme, only to have Marketing shoot it down in favor of expanding TWD's role in the event that year..

I can see it now: HHN 2019 - not even the rides open, just mazes, only mazes. mazes everywhere. and alcohol. (Nah but seriously, my only concern will be lines if we don't end up with a show. gonna obviously have to invest in RIP or something)

Reactions: marip123
Think we can beat this record next year, we'll have to wait and see! oh God, I'm channeling Joey here, but it's expected that this year we'll have 3-5 scare zones, including Cult? With all the changes happening this year I'm now curious since they may wanna place extra scareactors in other areas, taking into account that poetic reveal about the Terror Tram.

Do you guys think we're going to get Orlando TrT style mini-houses for the Cult maze? It seems like the most sensible way of getting things like the couples murder and the gimp into the gauntlet.

Do you guys think we're going to get Orlando TrT style mini-houses for the Cult maze? It seems like the most sensible way of getting things like the couples murder and the gimp into the gauntlet.

I'm thinking about all the images from just the opening credits for that season, they have soo many things they could incorporate in a gauntlet Cult scare zone honestly. This works sooo much better as a scare zone!

Reactions: chris.g
I'm thinking about all the images from just the opening credits for that season, they have soo many things they could incorporate in a gauntlet Cult scare zone honestly. This works sooo much better as a scare zone!

Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton Scare-actors?

And on the subject of Cult: Will we get a random dude in a sombrero throwing Taco Bell coupons at guests?

Edit: On a more serious note, The coffin full of clowns and the skinned rabbit would be very cool set pieces to look at. Also, maybe some bee-hive wall panels, like in the teaser trailers.

Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton Scare-actors?

And on the subject of Cult: Will we get a random dude in a sombrero throwing Taco Bell coupons at guests?

Nah, I think that could go south really quick if they tried doing something like that at the event. I'm thinking of the Hive stuff mainly, but a lot of patriotic carnival sets as well, and green fog to hide the clown cult members.

Reactions: chris.g
Nah, I think that could go south really quick if they tried doing something like that at the event. I'm thinking of the Hive stuff mainly, but a lot of patriotic carnival sets as well, and green fog to hide the clown cult members.

Yeah, I was mostly joking. It'd be funny for a day, then it'd get old, then the complaints would start...

Here's a question: how are they going to do Mr. Guinea in the microwave? That was probably one of the most memorably f-ed up scenes in the first half of the season. It'd be really cool (and disturbing) if they could find a way to incorporate it, somehow.