Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 75 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I mean I can see the truck and hazmat worker spreading the green fog, clowns from both the show and artistic promotional commercials, billboards with "Vote for Kai" and more. I'm not entirely sure if we'll see specific stuff like that recreated. Small price to pay to have that as a scare zone, rather than a maze, but given the alternative being Asylum, I can live with that.

Reactions: rageofthegods
I mean I can see the truck and hazmat worker spreading the green fog, clowns from both the show and artistic promotional commercials, billboards with "Vote for Kai" and more. I'm not entirely sure if we'll see specific stuff like that recreated. Small price to pay to have that as a scare zone, rather than a maze, but given the alternative being Asylum, I can live with that.

I guess so. Still, doing things as a scarezone rather than a maze could arguably give more creative freedom too. I'm still excited to see what they do with Cult; this could be very cool.

Awww man, so The Thing is pretty much in Mummy queue. The facade being the American arctic base, possibly the fire effect with creature sounds inside and men shouting. The sound of snow blowing hard with the theme song; this is soo perfect!

I remember in the footage of Orlando's 2007 The Thing maze, they did both an animatronic dog thing creature, and did something similar to the dogs at the end of 2011's Hostel maze, having puppets on both sides of a hallway, except the Orlando dogs are mutated.

Basically, when you narrow it down to how many versions of the thing are in the 1982 version, you have the Malamute thing, Bennings being assimilated in the chair and then escaping into the snow before being set on fire, Norris-thing (which Freak mentioned could be redesigned from last year's Henrietta) as well as his head-spider version, Palmer thing, and Blair thing. Plus, like the 2011 version, have various members of the base scare you, whether it be charging you with a weapon, or tapping glass windows/doors from "outside". All in all, this should fit just fine within the Mummy queue.

Last edited:
I remember in the footage of Orlando's 2007 The Thing maze, they did both an animatronic dog thing creature, and did something similar to the dogs at the end of 2011's Hostel maze, having puppets on both sides of a hallway, except the Orlando dogs are mutated.

Basically, when you narrow it down to how many versions of the thing are in the 1982 version, you have the Malamute thing, Bennings being assimilated in the chair and then escaping into the snow before being set on fire, Norris-thing (which Freak mentioned could be redesigned from last year's Henrietta) as well as his head-spider version, Palmer thing, and Blair thing. Plus, like the 2011 version, have various members of the base scare you, whether it be charging you with a weapon, or tapping glass windows/doors from "outside". All in all, this should fit just fine within the Mummy queue.

I almost want split face to make a cameo appearance as a scare, just for old time's sake...probably not going to happen though.

It probably depends on how big they design the rooms, and thus give room to specific scare actors. Given that the 2011 version was in a more wide area in the Wild West Stunt Show arena, they had blackroom pop outs for those type of scares. Maybe they could try something like that, but I'm not sure, given that the 2011 maze was a trailer maze basically and this maze is on a classic.

I just hope we get some skits from Billy on the Street in Cult. Would be amazing if an actor popped out and said “NAME A WHITE PERSON FOR A DOLLAR!”

- joke btw

Reactions: chris.g
Jesus this year is gonna be amazing, only way this year can be better is if they did a 28 days later scare zone and add the usher as a icon

Reactions: Freak
Jesus this year is gonna be amazing, only way this year can be better is if they did a 28 days later scare zone and add the usher as a icon
Unlikely, I know, but if they got Julian Browning to be the host of the Classic Monsters maze....dude. Gonna be the best year no questions asked.

This is the first year I am legitamately looking forward to HHN in a long, LONG time. This has crazy potential to top ‘11 or ‘16 as my favorite year ever.

You know with all this what do you guys think the Password Maze is gonna be?

My bets on Trick R Treat. Krampus was the password maze one year, Halloween is all about giving treats, the giver could be the principal handing out plushie razor apples or something, etc.

But if UCM is going to be a movie theater, I could see that being the password maze instead, with the Usher (or just a random Usher) handing out tickets.

Reactions: horrornights789
You know with all this what do you guys think the Password Maze is gonna be?

Definitely either Trick ‘r Treat, UCM, or possibly Stranger Things(they could hand out missing Will Byers posters).

Unrelated but what are you guys’ early bets on HoTY? Mines on either IT, Asylum, Stranger Things, or UCM