Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 76 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Gonna go with the underdog and say UCM.

Thing is, we know what's going to be in The Thing, IT, Halloween, etc. While I'm holding out hope for a big, H2 style finale for every one of them, there's just not that much room for interpretation in most of those mazes.

The sole exception is UCM. They have a lot of creative maneuverability in designing that maze, and Murdy has talked on and off about "reinterpreting" the classic monsters. They just have more opportunities to surprise us with UCM.

Ok I just realized how good IT & Stranger Things soundtrack is gonna be; sorry that was off topic but damn waiting in line might be good. So on the topic of what might be in the mazes, what do you guys think they’ll do with Trick ‘r Treat’s transitions and facades since it’s an anthology. I think they might go the comic book route for transitions/facade, and utilize the actual scenes for each individual section(so excited to see the Fire Pumpkin).

Reactions: rageofthegods
I do think UCM has potential to be HOTY (If it's really scary and does a Black and White Aesthetic). But even though I will most likely love that maze I think the Number 1 Rated Maze for this year will be IT. I've done count ups on Facebook and Instagram and such and IT is definitely the Most Requested Property like ever.

And I have learned over the past few years as long as the Maze is scary and fun for people (And has a property that is easily recognizable) then it will be Number 1 Rated most likely. Case in point; Halloween '15, Freddy Vs Jason '16, and Insidious '17.

So as long as IT is fun and Scary then I think it has potential and it will be eaten up by the Fans and the GP.

IT is a maze I’m sort of concerned for. I really want it to be good, but in scenes like the sewers I’m nervous that Murdy is gonna resort to black walls, hanging stringy things, and a black box where Pennywise pops out and says “You’ll Float Too!”. I hope in scenes like that and the Upside Down he puts detail into it; the black walls last year just took you right out of the enviornment

Reactions: Freak
IT is a maze I’m sort of concerned for. I really want it to be good, but in scenes like the sewers I’m nervous that Murdy is gonna resort to black walls, hanging stringy things, and a black box where Pennywise pops out and says “You’ll Float Too!”. I hope in scenes like that and the Upside Down he puts detail into it; the black walls last year just took you right out of the enviornment

Oh, so true! I hope they don't do black walls in the sewers..

Then again, there should be alot that they can reuse for the sewer; for example, the circular opening in Freddy's boiler room can be a sewer pipe, the underground tunnel sets can be retooled as a sewer scene... I think they can get away with spending a little less on the sets there (underlighting the rooms, reusing props), while also at least making them feel like sewers. I'm not terribly worried.

Then again, there should be alot that they can reuse for the sewer; for example, the circular opening in Freddy's boiler room can be a sewer pipe, the underground tunnel sets can be retooled as a sewer scene... I think they can get away with spending a little less on the sets there (underlighting the rooms, reusing props), while also at least making them feel like sewers. I'm not terribly worried.

When it comes to the possibilities of IT.. the thing I'm looking forward to the most is the Neibolt House facade.. It's gonna look epic!

That's not what concerns me about IT.

The masks concern me. We have seen a Constipated Ash Williams last year and I seriously don't want the same thing to happen with IT. I would like to make up and hair instead of Masks but I know there is a 99% chance we are getting Pennywise Masks.

As long as he looks like Pennywise and looks menacing then it will be fine.

That's not what concerns me about IT.

The masks concern me. We have seen a Constipated Ash Williams last year and I seriously don't want the same thing to happen with IT. I would like to make up and hair instead of Masks but I know there is a 99% chance we are getting Pennywise Masks.

As long as he looks like Pennywise and looks menacing then it will be fine.

Got a ton of DMs from makeup artists when I asked about the IT masks and the answers were very promising.

Immortal Masks.

1e5.gif

This isn't answering your question.

UCM should not be a scary maze at all but more of an homage to the beauty and excellence of those films.
I do believe UCM was be a homage to the beauty of the Monster films but I should point out this tweet.

Which seems to me Murdy wants Universal Monsters to be scary. But I don't believe it will be a ultra scary maze. Just scary nonetheless.

i think it will be something like universal classic monster mania back in 2000's Orlando event. basically it's a house where the monsters are made into modern age. this is what they did
Frankenstein is a huge muscular giant sewed together,
Dracula has his mouth covered in fangs
and the wolfman was more wolf then man

i think it will be something like universal classic monster mania back in 2000's Orlando event. basically it's a house where the monsters are made into modern age. this is what they did
Frankenstein is a huge muscular giant sewed together,
Dracula has his mouth covered in fangs
and the wolfman was more wolf then man
I don't think they'd do that, with a chance to finally use the monsters in a more free way it'd be a missed opportunity to not use their classic designs.

Reactions: horrornights789