Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

Is Murdy working on the Dark Universe now? Because I'd be totally OK with that.

If you are referring to the films, I don't think he'd be apart of that.

My curiosity, reigns to The Walking Dead Attraction right now. More than ever, even without knowing anything of it's future, I have to wonder why he'd do media for something far in advance. If it's not for something symbolic as him leaving and making a reveal, I am placing my chips down into that vicinity.

My guess is a farewell video, maybe some type of documentary, maybe a farewell video introducing our new CD. Don’t think he’d be working on anything for 2019 this early, usually doesn’t start working on that until the end of the current season. Especially since a lot are speculating this is the final year John will run the event
I don't think a farewell video or even a documentary would be deemed top secret. I don't even think it's a Behind the Screams or the Tram video. I'm sure it's HHN related, otherwise there'd be no point for him to mention it, really.

What if it were like... a pre-show room for Stranger Things with the cast and it's something you watch before going into the maze? That'd be cool... "our friend Will is missing and we need your help to find him."

I don't think a farewell video or even a documentary would be deemed top secret. I don't even think it's a Behind the Screams or the Tram video. I'm sure it's HHN related, otherwise there'd be no point for him to mention it, really.

What if it were like... a pre-show room for Stranger Things with the cast and it's something you watch before going into the maze? That'd be cool... "our friend Will is missing and we need your help to find him."

Considering the size of HHN and the relevance of that IP, I would assume anything like what you are suggesting is out of any window of possibility.

If you are referring to the films, I don't think he'd be apart of that.

My curiosity, reigns to The Walking Dead Attraction right now. More than ever, even without knowing anything of it's future, I have to wonder why he'd do media for something far in advance. If it's not for something symbolic as him leaving and making a reveal, I am placing my chips down into that vicinity.

I do think that Murdy would've thought the most recent cinematic universe debacle was stupid, but with Blumhouse interested in taking over the Dark Universe, it could signal a change in Universal's approach to it all, making it more "low-budget horror". Plus, Murdy has extensive experience with getting directors to work with him on Horror Nights; he might be a better "cinematic universe boss" than people give him credit for.

That having been said, you're probably right that it's not happening. Still, this is a speculation thread so whooooo knooooooooooooooowsssss....

I do think that Murdy would've thought the most recent cinematic universe debacle was stupid, but with Blumhouse interested in taking over the Dark Universe, it could signal a change in Universal's approach to it all, making it more "low-budget horror". Plus, Murdy has extensive experience with getting directors to work with him on Horror Nights; he might be a better "cinematic universe boss" than people give him credit for.

That having been said, you're probably right that it's not happening. Still, this is a speculation thread so whooooo knooooooooooooooowsssss....
I would argue if we'd talk about the future of Dark Universe, that it'd be better suited to it's own thread.

That said, the last time this happened for getting media done in advance was either TiTE or TWDA (but I think TiTE may be further back than that, to be honest).

Not really sure who's makeup they're going to "demonstrate" for Stranger Things (or how they even plan to facilitate that), but, intriguing nonetheless...

Also, guys. Blumhouse as of now is not taking over Dark Universe. That's blogs running amok after Jason said he'd be open to it. They asked him the same thing when Mummy bombed.

Not really sure who's makeup they're going to "demonstrate" for Stranger Things (or how they even plan to facilitate that), but, intriguing nonetheless...

Also, guys. Blumhouse as of now is not taking over Dark Universe. That's blogs running amok after Jason said he'd be open to it. They asked him the same thing when Mummy bombed.

Blumhouse is killing it lately. If they ever got the rights to the Dark Universe & Scream franchise I would kill to see both adaptions. Especially the latter since it’d basically be Happy Death Day’s charm mixed with the creepiness of the new Halloween

Also just a thought but if H2018 does really well this year & H4 ends up a top 3 maze what are the odds we get H2018 next year?

Blumhouse is killing it lately. If they ever got the rights to the Dark Universe & Scream franchise I would kill to see both adaptions. Especially the latter since it’d basically be Happy Death Day’s charm mixed with the creepiness of the new Halloween

Also just a thought but if H2018 does really well this year & H4 ends up a top 3 maze what are the odds we get H2018 next year?

Never say never, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

My guess is a farewell video, maybe some type of documentary, maybe a farewell video introducing our new CD. Don’t think he’d be working on anything for 2019 this early, usually doesn’t start working on that until the end of the current season. Especially since a lot are speculating this is the final year John will run the event
I recall there being a rumor in TWDA about

???????

I don't know if this question belongs to this thread...opening night (Friday 14th) is really busy?

It will be packed. Opening weekend has become one of the worst times to go. This is because maze lines will need to constantly be stopped for media teams and celebrities to travel (slowly) through the maze, often requiring the maze to be entirely cleared ahead of them before they begin.

If you don't have a Frequent Fear Pass, wait for the second weekend. You'll be glad you did.