Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
(i.e. Mummy being the cults/classics venue, TWDA being a “zombie”/outbreak venue, JP queue being a “haunted house” venue, FDTD tent being the “show” venue, etc.)

Bringing this up, if Conjuring comes would they reuse it for Waterworld? I feel like the 747 Tent would be better for it since Waterworld is just an awkward venue for the maze now. Honestly it could even fit in FDTD or the Us tent if they stretched it

Bringing this up, if Conjuring comes would they reuse it for Waterworld? I feel like the 747 Tent would be better for it since Waterworld is just an awkward venue for the maze now. Honestly it could even fit in FDTD or the Us tent if they stretched it
I think Conjuring was originally planned for WW. At least that’s what rumors indicated. That’s probably where it will go if it comes.

I think TWDA would be the location for RE. He generally bases venues on what themes “work” not necessarily by their spatial demands (i.e. Mummy being the cults/classics venue, TWDA being a “zombie”/outbreak venue, JP queue being a “haunted house” venue, FDTD tent being the “show” venue, etc.)
To continue this. 747 Tent is the "Special Effects" Venue (Ex: FVJ, Saw, Polt, GB). Metro is the "Modern" venue in a way (TWD, CP, Krampus, AVED, First Purge, FMTW (Their modern take on the film) ). And Waterworld is the "Slasher" Venue (TCM, Titans, H4, HOTC).

Okay some guesses. I’ll try a date connection first.

Queen Of South came out in the year of 2016. Some horror movies that came out 2016:
The Conjuring 2
The Void
The Purge Election Year
Resident Evil: Final Chapter

Going by month, here’s what I got:
Child’s Play (2019)
Annabelle Comes Home
The Thing
Ghostbusters
Twin Peaks (Final episode)

Now here’s what I can think of by connecting with the plot. One of the main characters is from Mexico so this makes me think of The Mexican Original maze could be happening.
This one is pretty straightforward. No date stuff.
Hm. Is this rumored to be shared? I'm generally not a video games person, but interesting nonetheless. Even though I've never played it I'd love to see Dead Space, just because I love that sub-genre of horror.
Hollywood only.

This one is pretty straightforward. No date stuff.

Hollywood only.
If we're running with Queen of the South as part of the clue, it did air on USA, home to the Purge tv series. Weird that it would come this year of all years, but thats the most obvious connection I can see.
EDIT: Much less obvious connection, and far less likely, but the writer of Queen of the South also wrote The Final Girls, so there's that.

Here's my spit ball attempt

Queen Of The South
South
Lousiana
Dulvey Parish, Louisiana
Resident Evil 7
Resident Evil 3 remake

Resident Evil haunt

So if this is Hollywood only and it’s Resident Evil, I guess it makes sense since Orlando did it as an exclusive and now it’s Hollywood’s turn.

Back to the clue, Alice Braga who is in the cast, also started in the film “I Am Legend” a movie about bloodthirsty mutants caused by a virus. Also the film is from WB so there’s that.

Another interesting thing regarding to what @hhnlover said. Season 4 of the show was filmed in New Orleans Louisiana. Resident Evil 7 also took place in Louisiana, so my guess is, it’s either RE7 or just RE2/3

Reactions: hhnlover
Maybe I'm alone on this one, but I don't see Resident Evil happening in the soundstage (if it happens at all). It's usually saved for the biggest/most complex property, no? Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I swear I saw somewhere that the Universal x Netflix contract specifically stated that Stranger Things would get the soundstage because it's their biggest venue and allows for more complex sets and effects. It's too early to tell if Resident Evil would be the most complex property, but it most certainly won't be the biggest.

Maybe I'm alone on this one, but I don't see Resident Evil happening in the soundstage (if it happens at all). It's usually saved for the biggest/most complex property, no? Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I swear I saw somewhere that the Universal x Netflix contract specifically stated that Stranger Things would get the soundstage because it's their biggest venue and allows for more complex sets and effects. It's too early to tell if Resident Evil would be the most complex property, but it most certainly won't be the biggest.
While I would agree, I’m personally not sold on Stranger Things 3. Last years ratings were not incredibly high, Orlando has already done 3, and I'm not sure if the price for ST is worth only one coast. After last year, I’d be very suprised if they brought it back, but it is being speculated almost exclusively outside of the forums, so I might just be uninformed

This is assuming Stranger Things is coming back. If there’s no Stranger Things to put in the soundstage, it’s theoretically open.

Reactions: chris.g
I wonder if there is any truth to the rumors about Universal and Netflix having kind of an acrimonious partnership, and Universal using a loophole in their obligation to do ST season three by technically doing it last year, however brief it was.

This is assuming Stranger Things is coming back. If there’s no Stranger Things to put in the soundstage, it’s theoretically open.

Oh, I'm not expecting Stranger Things back either. I was just using it as an example. My point is that there could still theoretically be properties more deserving of the soundstage than Resident Evil, whether they be more complex or more popular.

I wonder if there is any truth to the rumors about Universal and Netflix having kind of an acrimonious partnership, and Universal using a loophole in their obligation to do ST season three by technically doing it last year, however brief it was.
Strange a relationship like that would happen, as Universal continuously made bank selling ST merchandise and the price they must’ve payed Netflix is unreasonably high, but I’ve heard similar rumors. Was it a quality thing? ST2 wasn’t very good out here imo, but Orlando created a solid attraction, so is it with Universal Hollywood? Eh, it’s too early in the day to think lmao

Strange a relationship like that would happen, as Universal continuously made bank selling ST merchandise and the price they must’ve payed Netflix is unreasonably high, but I’ve heard similar rumors. Was it a quality thing? ST2 wasn’t very good out here imo, but Orlando created a solid attraction, so is it with Universal Hollywood? Eh, it’s too early in the day to think lmao

Neither ST was particularly received well though. Even our “solid” ST was put at the lower spots the majority of the time.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Neither ST was particularly received well though. Even our “solid” ST was put at the lower spots the majority of the time.
I wasn’t aware of the ratings for Orlando, but how much do the rating influence properties? With the money made just from merch and advertisements with the ST characters, the low rating probab my don’t impact the maze the same way it would with a cult property

I wasn’t aware of the ratings for Orlando, but how much do the rating influence properties? With the money made just from merch and advertisements with the ST characters, the low rating probab my don’t impact the maze the same way it would with a cult property
I would say low ratings do play a part in whether or not a property will come back or not. First Purge and HOB2 were the lowest ranked of 2018 and that's why you didn't see more Blumhouse or Purge for 2019.

And Purge is a big property as well. If a property is popular but doesn't do well then why not just move on to what's more popular or equally and execute that to where people like it so you can do more until you mess up or people don't like it generally anymore then move on. It a cycle.

I could be naive, but I think they've milked the property for all they really can until 2021. And before someone mentions the last WD (Orlando), there was a new season coming out around that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.