Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Due to the nature of the current site--went ahead and asked to Murdy on the matter: but yeah. TT is back.

Speculation season getting a little slow already? Allow me to get things going again.

Could Jason come back next year after a six year absence? If so, do you think we'll get Freddy back as well? HHN has never done anything with Jason unless Freddy is there as well. They both go together like salt and pepper.

With Crystal Lake allowing them to use everything in the F13 belt for TV, I have to think at this point theme park rights are clear.

F13 2010 was genuinely intense as hell; and I'd love it if they could bring that kind of a Jason back. I really would not mind Jason being by himself too.

Reactions: Freak and JS610
If TT is coming back, then maybe -- MAYBE -- Ghostface will host once again and give it its proper due to make up for Scream4YourLife. But just so its in the universe, we need -- NEED -- a Scream maze at the LEAST. Ghostface tram would just be a nice bonus, but shouldn't be the whole enchilada.

Reactions: pumpkinbot343
In terms of maze venues, if rumors about using two more soundstages are true, then is it be safe to say that the Parisian courtyard will be empty next year or at least used for something else? I can't imagine them getting rid of the Dia de los Muertos plaza but with no show venue, it seems like the only place they can have a show. Or maybe Waterworld in the dark?

You guys think we could see Terrifier this year? The 2nd movie did pretty well and had a pretty respectable earning given the budget...
Did show in theaters as well but I think it might be too indie although I feel like the IP would be right at home and make a good Terror Tram or scarezone.
All of the kills were pretty creative and there's a lot of room for actor improv.

In terms of maze venues, if rumors about using two more soundstages are true, then is it be safe to say that the Parisian courtyard will be empty next year or at least used for something else? I can't imagine them getting rid of the Dia de los Muertos plaza but with no show venue, it seems like the only place they can have a show. Or maybe Waterworld in the dark?

@HydraGen2299 brought up an amazing idea and it'd make a lot of sense, suggesting if Plaza was to be made into a show venue for atleast HHN; on moving Dia De Los Muertos into Parisian, and then allowing one large queue for TWDA venue to start next to Super Silly Fun Land.

Could use the upstairs of Parisian for a Bone Fam show, with the Courtyard enhanced with more lighting and thematic touches. Could even use the FFL Audition room as a mini Tribute Store too.

• Wow
Reactions: HydraGen2299
You guys think we could see Terrifier this year? The 2nd movie did pretty well and had a pretty respectable earning given the budget...
Did show in theaters as well but I think it might be too indie although I feel like the IP would be right at home and make a good Terror Tram or scarezone.
All of the kills were pretty creative and there's a lot of room for actor improv.

I don't think Murdy hates women like that director does to do bring it to the event.

@HydraGen2299 brought up an amazing idea and it'd make a lot of sense, suggesting if Plaza was to be made into a show venue for atleast HHN; on moving Dia De Los Muertos into Parisian, and then allowing one large queue for TWDA venue to start next to Super Silly Fun Land.

Could use the upstairs of Parisian for a Bone Fam show, with the Courtyard enhanced with more lighting and thematic touches. Could even use the FFL Audition room as a mini Tribute Store too.
I think they should use Parisian for a house venue again. I don't care what anyone says, I think it's a good venue. I think the tight space forces them to get creative with the space and allows for more intense, in-your-face scares. La Llorona has shown that.

I think they should have the Dia de los Muertos food stands and entertainment where French Street is. They can do a pseudo-scarezone and food area kinda like what plaza was. It wouldn't be ideal, but it would be better than losing those delicious churros, bierra tacos, and grossly overpriced water margaritas!

Dude those margaritas taste like tequila water and NOT worth $20.

I think they should use Parisian for a house venue again. I don't care what anyone says, I think it's a good venue. I think the tight space forces them to get creative with the space and allows for more intense, in-your-face scares. La Llorona has shown that.

I think they should have the Dia de los Muertos food stands and entertainment where French Street is. They can do a pseudo-scarezone and food area kinda like what plaza was. It wouldn't be ideal, but it would be better than losing those delicious churros, bierra tacos, and grossly overpriced water margaritas!

Agreed, and being spit out from a house to a scare zone gauntlet is really fun experience too. I don't think other venues have the space to facilitate that, exactly.

Reactions: JS610
They did a fantastic job with the venue with La Llorona, but I will never like HHN taking up that space for most of the year. From March - November that space was inaccessible, and it's one of my favorite chill spots in the park. But I also know nobody goes there so I get why they use it

Thinking on that, and I think it would actually be more beneficial to have it in Parisian rather than in French Street, for a few reasons:

The Food = First and foremost, you would be able to have the Mels Diner into place for the sake of the kitchen; being able to make more proper food that could be easily prepared within those kitchens, and then able to be enjoyed by those who'd desire it. You could also use Theater Cafe for certain food items that could be made in advance; and stored with ease.
The FFL Audition Building = It has been used before in HHN, and Hollywood has experimented on the subject of a Citywalk Tribute store with both Everyday is Halloween and the new Gifting is Universal store where Havaianas was. With that building, I think you could find a way to allow the park to then have, even if it's a reduced store; a tribute store of some kind for the specific intent of Halloween Horror Nights. With Hollywood adapting more and more from Orlando, it would make sense that they'd want to adopt an in-park Tribute Store sooner than later.
The Courtyard Itself = One of the benefits that the Courtyard could do, is to allow the party element to be centralized: much like After Hours Bar. I can easily see how it could work, from the Bone Family up where Chucky would insult people, to how they could string about photo ops and party areas. Raises questions on that ever so lovely overpriced water margaritas, but I think it isn't as impossible as I would consider it.

I don't think Murdy hates women like that director does to do bring it to the event.

Eh, HHN Hollywood featured a dead naked woman literally encapped in ice for all to see, Nicki Minaj molested by Wreck in Ralph, lots of dead children, and I think the infamous “tree” scene in Evil Dead (unless I’m thinking of Orlando’s version) ; I don’t think Terrifier will be considered too far for this.

Eh, HHN Hollywood featured a dead naked woman literally encapped in ice for all to see, Nicki Minaj molested by Wreck in Ralph, lots of dead children, and I think the infamous “tree” scene in Evil Dead (unless I’m thinking of Orlando’s version) ; I don’t think Terrifier will be considered too far for this.
Well, that was early to mid-2010’s HHN. HHNH of the 20’s….eh, idk about that.

^Yeah HHN in Hollywood was much more un-PC back in the day (I've been going since 2009). Go-go dancers, Chucky's insult emporium, Bill and Ted going after everything, and the guy dissing everyone in front of the fire towers.

More sound stages sounds great.

The Friday the 13th experience looked really cool at Horror Made Here, if they could do something like with Crystal Lake being the Terror Tram it might be good. I wonder if they'll continue with Jupiter's Claim and if it the set will still hang around long term?

^That's what I was getting at, would it be short term to promote the movie or hang around long term - I mean it's an interesting movie, full of nuance and subtext, but maybe not a timeless classic. Though the sets could be easily adapted into a more generic western theme if brand identification peters out after a few years or the rights change hands.

Fast next door is a downright terrible attraction, but the movies do serious bank, and when they come out it keeps all the illegal street racers in my area off the roads for a while lol.

NOPE is likely to become a franchise. Jordan Peele has said that much himself -- whether he directs it or someone else -- and whether it's a sequel, spin-off, prequel whatever is up in the air as well. But I feel like they are definitely making more of them. So that set will have a bit more relevance in coming years.

NOPE is likely to become a franchise. Jordan Peele has said that much himself -- whether he directs it or someone else -- and whether it's a sequel, spin-off, prequel whatever is up in the air as well. But I feel like they are definitely making more of them. So that set will have a bit more relevance in coming years.

Almost have to think the importance NOPE is going to have, is with an alternative cut with the whole sub-plot involving the animal trainer will come around sooner than later. Feel like that's something that can be made quick; and with Keke Palmer expecting, I doubt Peele would want her to pick up the leading mantle this instant.

I do think Jupe's gonna stick around, honestly I really would not mind it if it included Red's family to add up for a second go.

Status
Not open for further replies.