Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont personally think its going to happen this soon but I have heard rumblings that Jupiter's Claim is NOT a permanent addition...

I dont personally think its going to happen this soon but I have heard rumblings that Jupiter's Claim is NOT a permanent addition...
I'm not sure if I posted here but they've been asking on surveys if people have heard of NOPE prior to attending the park. I'd assume they are trying to gauge whether the attraction is worth keeping? Still, I'd be surprised if they tear it down in the very near future as there really was a lot of infrastructure that went in place for it.

I'm not sure if I posted here but they've been asking on surveys if people have heard of NOPE prior to attending the park. I'd assume they are trying to gauge whether the attraction is worth keeping? Still, I'd be surprised if they tear it down in the very near future as there really was a lot of infrastructure that went in place for it.

Given the positionals of where it is, I wonder if they have it planned to where they could easily take down that set should the need for development come. Still though--it's definitely not what I was expecting, and it's kind of a bummer as I would want to see it stay properly (though I am left with the question of why they'd want to get rid of it so soon).

Don't know if anybody else has had this experience, but one time we were taken into the NOPE set, and because there was some filming not too far away, they were unable to play the audio. The tour guide just awkwardly explained we weren't going to hear it lol.

I also have heard NOPE is a common question on surveys. Doesn't necessarily mean it's being removed or even modified of course. I really enjoyed the area during HHN last year and hope it returns

Don't know if anybody else has had this experience, but one time we were taken into the NOPE set, and because there was some filming not too far away, they were unable to play the audio. The tour guide just awkwardly explained we weren't going to hear it lol.
To be fair, I've also had this happen to me in Flash Flood and Jaws

Well, that was early to mid-2010’s HHN. HHNH of the 20’s….eh, idk about that.

I'll remain hopeful. All Hallows Eve, not so much.... But I really think Terrifier 2's content would lend itself really well to HHN.

Almost have to think the importance NOPE is going to have, is with an alternative cut with the whole sub-plot involving the animal trainer will come around sooner than later. Feel like that's something that can be made quick; and with Keke Palmer expecting, I doubt Peele would want her to pick up the leading mantle this instant.

I do think Jupe's gonna stick around, honestly I really would not mind it if it included Red's family to add up for a second go.

I'm really wondering what else they could do with Nope though... They kind of ended it and wrapped it up with a bow though.
Unless they're thinking of doing other creatures? Would love to see an original continuation effort involved with Peele.
Maybe an "US 2.0" maze with some original ideas unless a continuation of that story is in the works....

In terms of the terror tram, I wonder if they are just going to have the tethers in the Nope set every year. I imagine if they wanted to shake things up they'd do haunted western theme like scary farm but I question the longevity of having the same theme in that area years ahead.

NOPE could easily have prequels, other entities like Jean Jacket in other parts of the world, something happening concurrently, more coming to Earth after the Oprah shot exposing them for whatever reason. Etc. Plenty of potential storywise for a franchise.

I think US sticking around in the area is fine for another year or two. The idea works REALLY well and way better than I ever thought it would. After that, it's time to think of something new -- in general for the whole tram, but that's a different story.

Reactions: graspthesun
Jordan Peele doesn't seem like the kind of filmmaker that would want to make NOPE a franchise, as theoretically interesting as some of the ideas for another entry might be. I'd be interested in knowing what kind of cultural staying power it has, cuz while it did notably less than Us and Get Out, it seems to be getting championed a fair bit more than the former and I think in a few years it'll be remembered very fondly. As a property, I think it also has great potential as a parks attraction, e.g. a stage/SFX show or a Twister-style attraction with gift shop and maybe even restaurant/quick service with Copperton's Cove.

Would honestly be kinda laughable if they tore this down a year after its opening meanwhile the war of the worlds set is still going strong nearly 20 years after that movie completely fell out of relevance, even if its only really stuck around this long because of how much it cost them to build it in the first place.

Reactions: Rideguy70
Jordan Peele doesn't seem like the kind of filmmaker that would want to make NOPE a franchise, as theoretically interesting as some of the ideas for another entry might be.
He's already said as much. Whether or not it gets further in development, greenlit, and released is another thing entirely. But he's interested and I am willing to bet there's already talk on how to get things going - whether that's with him or another filmmaker. Monkey's Paw is getting bigger and bigger, I am sure they are thrilled at the prospect of having a franchise on their hands. They produced a reboot of Candyman...wouldn't see why it'd be above them.

Forgive me if it was mentioned already but anyone think House of 1000 Corpses is coming back? For one thing it’s the 20th anniversary in 2023, second I think Murdy likes working with Rob Zombie so I could see it happening.

I sure hope not. Was done once pre-hiatus under a different name, twice in 3-D, then again just recently (and poorly, I may add). I don't think they've even done the first Halloween that much.

Would honestly be kinda laughable if they tore this down a year after its opening meanwhile the war of the worlds set is still going strong nearly 20 years after that movie completely fell out of relevance, even if its only really stuck around this long because of how much it cost them to build it in the first place.

Agreed. Plus there are former tram attractions that are SBNO like the Fast & Furious Extreme Close-Up and the collapsing bridge.

Forgive me if it was mentioned already but anyone think House of 1000 Corpses is coming back? For one thing it’s the 20th anniversary in 2023, second I think Murdy likes working with Rob Zombie so I could see it happening.
I wouldn't count on it.

I'm curious to see if Hollywood will start a trend of bringing one popular Orlando Original every year. Yeti, Graveyard Games, Nightingales, Slaughter Sinema, Body Collectors, and Wicked Growth would be interesting to see.

I'll be honest: I genuinely and completely hope not. They tried to bring it back, but it feels like one of the larger downgrades for the sake of the quality that it was, and I'd rather they keep from doing it again.

Reactions: Freak
He's brought up the topic in several different threads and he keeps getting the same answer. IDK why he thought posting here would get a different one...

Just leave the topic alone and move on, please.

Thanks!

Because I wanted to create some discussion and to see what everyone else thought about it in both coasts. That and Orlando’s thread was flooded with bizarre suggestions like Scooby Doo. And admittedly for one thread (licensed icons) it was an excuse to bump the thread.

Also… I only brought this suggestion up last week.

Wrote this in Orlando’s thread already (see there for more detail) but am going to throw it in here to see what the Hollywood crowd thinks.

So yeah. Winnie the Pooh horror movie is real. Could Hollywood bring this to the West Coast?

(It better not.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.