Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked on the web, and I think potentially it’s the Ring, Grudge, The Fly and the Blob, the original From Dusk till Dawn… and that’s it. The rest are either forgettable cheap shlock or just wouldn’t work as a haunted house (like They Live). Sorry.
That can’t be all that’s left. I mean I know the IP well is getting drier, but yikes it can’t be that bone dry.

Looked on the web, and I think potentially it’s the Ring, Grudge, The Fly and the Blob, the original From Dusk till Dawn… and that’s it. The rest are either forgettable cheap shlock or just wouldn’t work as a haunted house (like They Live). Sorry.

No offense but that's not at all comprehensive. I mean, just for starters, Candyman and I Know What You Did Last Summer are two fairly major horror franchises that haven't had a house yet.

Reactions: StopMakingSense
I’d like to stress the “wouldn’t work as a haunted house” bit.

However I’ve heard that the Director of Jeepers Creepers got booted out his own franchise, and some fans have been clamoring for that franchise to come to HHN. So… maybe fans can get their chance. Assuming they don’t have to pay him.

However I’ve heard that the Director of Jeepers Creepers got booted out his own franchise, and some fans have been clamoring for that franchise. So… maybe fans can get their chance.
I want a Jeepers Creepers house so bad, but Universal still won't touch the franchise even with Salva gone. There's so much controversy surrounding him and the franchise that it's not worth Universal's time.

However I’ve heard that the Director of Jeepers Creepers got booted out his own franchise, and some fans have been clamoring for that franchise to come to HHN. So… maybe fans can get their chance. Assuming they don’t have to pay him.

And The Blob would work as a house? Come on.

We've given folks a pretty wide berth, but we really need to cut down on the "throwing everything at the wall" schtick. This is not a wishlist thread. Please make an effort to keep spec to things with a practical chance of happening based on precedent, rumors (not wishful thinking), and other sources of evidence.

And The Blob would work as a house? Come on.

We've given folks a pretty wide birth, but we really need to cut down on the "throwing everything at the wall" schtick. This is not a wishlist thread. Please make an effort to keep spec to things with a practical chance of happening based on precedent, rumors (not wishful thinking), and other sources of evidence.

Hey this time I got asked what IPS could be potentially available and I gave them based on what I could find. May not be a perfect answer but still.

And that’s kinda the point of what i said before anyway (even if I didn’t mean it for that post): there really aren’t any NEW IPs at the current time. Of course it’s not really a problem for Hollywood specifically.

Hey this time I got asked what IPS could be potentially available and I gave them based on what I could find. May not be a perfect answer but still.

And that’s kinda the point of what i said before anyway (even if I didn’t mean it for that post): there really aren’t any NEW IPs at the current time.

Whether intentional or not, you are missing my point. Please just accept and respect the parameters we are setting here for the spec thread. There may not be something to discuss every day at this stage in the game, and that's okay. In fact, that's normal.

There are other threads to discuss wishlists and even the question of whether the IP well is drying up faster than it can be replenished with new, viable offerings. Please take these discussions there if you wish to continue them.

Whether intentional or not, you are missing my point. Please just accept and respect the parameters we are setting here for the spec thread. There may not be something to discuss every day at this stage in the game, and that's okay. In fact, that's normal.

There are other threads to discuss wishlists and even the question of whether the IP well is drying up faster than it can be replenished with new, viable offerings. Please take these discussions there if you wish to continue them.

Aren’t wishlists only for things one would want to personally see though as opposed to what they think might come? I haven’t seen most of these. Besides I’ve looked already and I can’t find any wishlist threads.

I started this whole thing by asking a question about the remaining IPs. My apologies.

Aren’t wishlists only for things one would want to personally see though as opposed to what they think might come? I haven’t seen most of these. Besides I’ve looked already and I can’t find any wishlist threads.

Here you go.

There is a distinction between "I'm speculating that this IP is possible, here are sound reasons why" and "this IP is technically available so it might show up this year." The former is rooted in something, the latter is baseless and arbitrary. We need to cut down on that. If you want to discuss available IPs that you think could make HHN houses at some point in the future, the wishlist thread is the place to do it, not here.

I started this whole thing by asking a question about the remaining IPs. My apologies.

No need to apologize. It's an understandable question as we try to think about what's practically within reach for 2023, but it can quickly spin out into nothing but posts with "well Film XYZ is available [just for example, not calling anyone out] so I speculate it's coming this year."

Troll 2 might happen this year. Why? Because I want it to. Therefore they have to do it.

But seriously, who doesn't want a scareactor to jump out and mouth the audio que "You can't piss on hospitality"?

Troll 2 might happen this year. Why? Because I want it to. Therefore they have to do it.

But seriously, who doesn't want a scareactor to jump out and mouth the audio que "You can't piss on hospitality"?
A hallway with a miniature puppet of a fly trying to land on your forehead while OH MY GODDDDD plays as the jumpscare

Reactions: Freak
So we've got Chucky. I'm thinking, just my opinion:
  • another Universal Monsters instalment seems logical, would love to see Dracula (and Renfield film is coming).
  • TerrorTram - Crystal Lake would be interesting.
  • Maybe some new Exorcist or more of a mashup, they paid a fortune for the rights and the new film.
  • Evil Dead Rise, maybe they'll be in a better position than the rumored near miss of 2022.
  • Knock at the Cabin sounds promising
  • Maybe Smile mashed up with another B'house.
  • Winnie the Pooh : Blood and Honey would be a good comedy house, though I'd go every night if they did Cocaine Bear lol.
  • An original covering another legend like La Llorona.
I guess there's always the hope of getting Scream or any of those hard to get ones. Hellraiser seems more higher profile than it has been in a while as well.

I have a theory that Hellraiser is deceptively gettable as a property (folks assume theres a grudge a la Scream), it's just also a deceptively small and unknown property (the og movie was distributed by the 80s equivalent of A24/Neon and it made half what the og Candyman did) so it probably never justified the high licensing fee.

Reactions: chris.g
I have a theory that Hellraiser is deceptively gettable as a property (folks assume theres a grudge a la Scream), it's just also a deceptively small and unknown property (the og movie was distributed by the 80s equivalent of A24/Neon and it made half what the og Candyman did) so it probably never justified the high licensing fee.

I dunno. Pinhead is fairly recognizable, even if a majority of the general public hasn't seen the movie or isn't really sure what it's about. The original film would be tough to adapt without making it just a semi-original "such sights to show you" hellscape. (Kinda not unlike what they did with Chucky considering they don't have control over the original film.)

The new film is FOX > Disney, so I imagine that complicates things. The rights for this franchise have been wonky for a while, with WB/HBO concurrently developing a series that has yet to come to fruition.

Status
Not open for further replies.