Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 92 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Eh, I don't adore it. I've always said it -- if Hollywood's gonna do originals, they should do their own. Our event is constantly seen as Orlando's red-headed stepchild and borrowing their material only sustains that narrative.

THAT SAID, this seems like it'll be a west coast variation on the idea and I'm crossing my fingers that it will be a new experience tailored to our event. For me personally, on a scale of 1 to 10 ("1" being hard pass, "10" being beyond hyped), this is like a .... 6

if it ain't broke don't fix it lol :lol: if the concept already exists and if they can use stuff from it then it's a win. it can be a good way to contribute between coasts. both coasts can keep trading houses and scare zones

On other notes what do you think the parisian courtyard will be. Most people think it looks like a theater so do you that maze could be based on the 2023 scarezone El Terror De Las Momias?

Last edited:
Wow. I really didn't see DE coming. If it's anything like the first, then you guys' r lucky. I never got to experience the first DE and only been though PZ, but I heard the first DE was amazing!

Hopefully Dead Exposure follows the form line of the last Orlando crossover, the Scarecrow maze was great IMO. Props to the dude who figured out the clues and called this a while ago.

Let's see how the last 6 and terror tram pan out, where is the spec at (catching up on this):
*Mexican monsters - Parisienne
*Texas Chainsaw - tpad
*Insidious - CG
*Scream Queenz - SS22
*Ghostbusters (please no) - CG
*Weeknd - SS15
*Blumhouse tram

They already did that back in 2011. It was called Scream 4 Your Life. We all know how that went.
what happened with it?

Wow. I really didn't see DE coming. If it's anything like the first, then you guys' r lucky. I never got to experience the first DE and only been though PZ, but I heard the first DE was amazing!
the sequel to DE was disappointing

Reactions: Kichkinet85

Well this isnt great.
Really wish an event like HHN that relies so heavily on the effort of individual human artists wouldn't stoop to this, or at least be savvy about it if it was an oversight. Could have somehow just been missed that this was generated with ai and was assumed to just be a stock image, but I really doubt a corporation this large wouldn't think to actively check where they're licensing images from. Really couldn't have just paid someone to make some custom art by hand?

Well this isnt great.
Really wish an event like HHN that relies so heavily on the effort of individual human artists wouldn't stoop to this, or at least be savvy about it if it was an oversight. Could have somehow just been missed that this was generated with ai and was assumed to just be a stock image, but I really doubt a corporation this large wouldn't think to actively check where they're licensing images from. Really couldn't have just paid someone to make some custom art by hand?

i think that universal used AI for an Orlando house art as well :lmao:

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I knew I thought the art looked cheap (ala "reminds me of KSF"). But honestly, this is worse. This was already low on my list, but now it is even lower than the Terror Tram -- if they are willing to release that publically as the MAIN marketing image for the attraction, what level of quality are we expecting in the maze itself? Did they not think someone would be able to dig that up? Just wow.

The use of AI, no matter what coast or in how it's used; feels very dangerous to consider the rammifications if it comes down to how severe the material uses AI. Even if Universal did physical touchups on it; it's the principle of how you promote your material that counts.

Really hoping they redo this keyart; a shame to see this occur (I say this, knowing there was equal discourse on Triplets of Terror as-well if they used AI potentially there too). I don't think it's a sign of the quality of the house as per what @DTH thinks; Creative teams and marketing teams operate differently--but this feels like Marketing trying to cheapen out in a way that is gonna bring a bad mark.

The use of AI, no matter what coast or in how it's used; feels very dangerous to consider the rammifications if it comes down to how severe the material uses AI. Even if Universal did physical touchups on it; it's the principle of how you promote your material that counts.

Really hoping they redo this keyart; a shame to see this occur (I say this, knowing there was equal discourse on Triplets of Terror as-well if they used AI potentially there too). I don't think it's a sign of the quality of the house as per what @DTH thinks; Creative teams and marketing teams operate differently--but this feels like Marketing trying to cheapen out in a way that is gonna bring a bad mark.
It's genuinely just so disheartening going from all the beautiful hand drawn key art for things like Holidayz and Monstruos to this.
Judging by Orlando there definitely seems to have been some kind of budget crunch when it comes to key art, but this is just unacceptable, I would take a logo on a black background over AI slop stolen from the work of others, it's kinda just insulting on every level.

It's genuinely just so disheartening going from all the beautiful hand drawn key art for things like Holidayz and Monstruos to this.
Judging by Orlando there definitely seems to have been some kind of budget crunch when it comes to key art, but this is just unacceptable, I would take a logo on a black background over AI slop stolen from the work of others, it's kinda just insulting on every level.

Trust me--I am kind of angered by it myself; but I have to hope there is enough of a response that warrants a change in tactics.

I knew I thought the art looked cheap (ala "reminds me of KSF"). But honestly, this is worse. This was already low on my list, but now it is even lower than the Terror Tram -- if they are willing to release that publically as the MAIN marketing image for the attraction, what level of quality are we expecting in the maze itself? Did they not think someone would be able to dig that up? Just wow.

to be honest the Dead exposure houses in fl were just all black walls with props painted glow in the dark and a lot of flashing lights, the reason the original was so beloved is because of the claustrophobic nature of the structure set up and the intensity of the actors, as well as the surprise effect of the flashing lights making it harder to see, (this house was inside a very dark tent
you couldnt tell where you were going and the zombies were well hidden, but then the sequel wasnt as good,)
when you talk about the quality of this new house, it depends on how dark and claustrophobic they make it. it could go either way, amazing or mid

to be honest the Dead exposure houses in fl were just all black walls with props painted glow in the dark and a lot of flashing lights, the reason the original was so beloved is because of the claustrophobic nature of the structure set up and the intensity of the actors, as well as the surprise effect of the flashing lights making it harder to see, (this house was inside a very dark tent
you couldnt tell where you were going and the zombies were well hidden, but then the sequel wasnt as good,)
when you talk about the quality of this new house, it depends on how dark and claustrophobic they make it. it could go either way, amazing or mid
Well has to be wheelchair accessible so probably not so small