Halloween Horror Nights 21: Your Luck Has Run Out | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 21: Your Luck Has Run Out

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The annual passholder party is usually the first three weekends, I want to say? Definitely at least the first two, unless I'm sorely mistaken. But last year Hallow'd Past, HAVOC, and Catacombs were open, with all but HAVOC being a walk-on and a rare opportunity to experience the house completely alone. Naturally since the APs are usually haunt enthusiasts, everyone lines up to rush to the Jaws queue house (in this case Orfanage). It's all good fun, and you can easily get 4 houses knocked out by 6:30.

Reactions: dmkrc5
Think of the pun opportunities here!

"OHHH BAD HAND"

Roll the DIE (purposely spelled that way)

"I CAN READ HIS POKER FACE"

Or a hot poker, actually to the face.

And SO many fun opportunities.

Only went one night total, so yea the whole event.

Oh that sucks. PS IMO was a house that you could pass on and its no big deal but the Catacombs on the other hand was a phenomenal house. Sorry you missed it man it was really good.

Yea and that was one I really wanted to see, but NOOOO they wanted to ride the freakin Simpsons :bang:

Oh...and to make matters worse, I also missed seeing Fear and the 20 years of fear SZ

So this year, its either go AGAIN on first weekend or on the weekend right before my anniversary which when I mentioned going that weekend the wife pointed out that fact, which puts me in a no win situation, so it looks like first weekend again, but this time, I'm at the gate waiting to get in at 6pm (since they open early sometimes) and we skipped the SS houses when we walked in and worked our way around which messed up the night kinda. So I'll have a better plan this time around.

Only went one night total, so yea the whole event.

What time did you get there?
I had express passes and still could have done alll the houses, on Thursday, without them. I however do not go into the houses until it is dark, the whole reason for the EP, for me thats when the event starts.

--- Update ---

Yea and that was one I really wanted to see, but NOOOO they wanted to ride the freakin Simpsons :bang:

Oh...and to make matters worse, I also missed seeing Fear and the 20 years of fear SZ

So this year, its either go AGAIN on first weekend or on the weekend right before my anniversary which when I mentioned going that weekend the wife pointed out that fact, which puts me in a no win situation, so it looks like first weekend again, but this time, I'm at the gate waiting to get in at 6pm (since they open early sometimes) and we skipped the SS houses when we walked in and worked our way around which messed up the night kinda. So I'll have a better plan this time around.

In no way am I missing a house for a ride that is there all year long. Thats just me.

What time did you get there?
I had express passes and still could have done alll the houses, on Thursday, without them. I however do not go into the houses until it is dark, the whole reason for the EP, for me thats when the event starts.

--- Update ---

In no way am I missing a house for a ride that is there all year long. Thats just me.

Thats what I said, but what are you going to do when you have a wife who does whatever the heck she wants, and complains when you want to do something different. I was on the ride looking at my watch the whooooole time.

This year will absolutely be different, the 2 years she has actually gone into the event with me, I've missed houses, 18 and 20, at 18 she got too scared and we had to leave early, missed like 3 houses that year, including Freddy and Texas Chainsaw, then last year because they were taking their sweet time and wanted to ride the rides, I missed 2 houses, this year it will pretty much be the same group, so hopefully they don't care about the rides this year and we hit the houses, I have a plan in my head anyways that will be full proof this year. The other thing she could do for me is to tell her stupid friend, to tell the loser of a baby daddy to switch weekends with her she we can go on the 1st, thats my original plan, so we'll see how it plays out.

I was in the park the first Thursday Hit every House and then hit the 830 bill and ted and was leaving HHN at around 10ish. It was the slowest night I think i had seen in years. We used to go opening weekend but the crowds now are just insane. Of course When I go I have a plan and have no interest in rides as I can do them anytime. Also the people who go with me know you have to keep moving I do stop for drinks and the bathroom if there good,,llol..

Thats what I said, but what are you going to do when you have a wife who does whatever the heck she wants, and complains when you want to do something different. I was on the ride looking at my watch the whooooole time.

This year will absolutely be different, the 2 years she has actually gone into the event with me, I've missed houses, 18 and 20, at 18 she got too scared and we had to leave early, missed like 3 houses that year, including Freddy and Texas Chainsaw, then last year because they were taking their sweet time and wanted to ride the rides, I missed 2 houses, this year it will pretty much be the same group, so hopefully they don't care about the rides this year and we hit the houses, I have a plan in my head anyways that will be full proof this year. The other thing she could do for me is to tell her stupid friend, to tell the loser of a baby daddy to switch weekends with her she we can go on the 1st, thats my original plan, so we'll see how it plays out.

That was 17.
Sounds like she has someone to go on rides with while you go to the houses! Just costs too much money not see it all.

Somewhere on the boards I posted a plan of attack for HHN that I have used for years that you can use without express passes. Out of many many nights of HHN's I always follow this plan and 95% of the time I was able to hit every house, every scarezone, eat, and catch Bill and Ted. And whether the closing was at 12 or 2 it made no difference my wife and I conquer the event almost every night every year. A good game plan that YOU STICK TO will grant you access to all you want to see at HHN.

Every year I go I start with the parade building then work my way around starting with the tents and everything is usually a walk on untill the 2nd soundstage house and SS 22. I like to save the best for last.

I have a feeling we'll have a house based on the old west, especially around the lore of "Wild" Bill Hickok and the "Dead man's hand".

I have a feeling we'll have a house based on the old west, especially around the lore of "Wild" Bill Hickok and the "Dead man's hand".

I'm cool with that, I thought they did a great job with Ghost Town a few years ago.