Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm slowly accepting that B&T will never be that daring/outrageously offensive/parodic again. The fear of legal action just seems to dominate the show's writing too much.

As long as they parody a franchise they can be as outrageous as they want to be. Part of their problem though is that they were caught with their pants down using Pirates characters with characteristic monologues and no actual attempts to parody them. Mistakes were made, lessons were learned; stay within legal guidelines and the road is golden. The past few years have been bad out of sheer laziness and/or incompetence.

You're right. And honestly, I'd prefer better houses to streets (or anything, really). Wishful thinking never hurt though so I'll be greedy and hope for Awesome streets, houses, AND B&T show. Lord knows B&T need a boost.

I think we'd all prefer houses at the end of the day. People go to haunts all the time with just houses. I hold Universal to a higher standard though, and I expect the streets to have scares, themes, props, etc. Last year I felt short-changed, and I know I'm not the only one.

I think we'd all prefer houses at the end of the day. People go to haunts all the time with just houses. I hold Universal to a higher standard though, and I expect the streets to have scares, themes, props, etc. Last year I felt short-changed, and I know I'm not the only one.

Dude, I worked the streets and I'm still with you on this one. They were just flat and unimaginative. I completely agree the houses are the backbone and carry more weight. Hopefully Uni takes the criticisms of last year to heart.

You know, it got a lot of flak, but I really liked Nightmaze last year. It need some tweaking to make it perfect, but I thought the concept was great, with the execution just missing greatness.

You know, it got a lot of flak, but I really liked Nightmaze last year. It need some tweaking to make it perfect, but I thought the concept was great, with the execution just missing greatness.

The scares though only came from ninjas running at you with a closing fence gate. I had to leap out of the way from a closing gate but that was the only time I jumped. It was more fear for my safety than fear of the street. I agree though that the idea was cool. I'd rather see this concept on a house scale where it'll have a budget and themeing,

As long as they parody a franchise they can be as outrageous as they want to be. Part of their problem though is that they were caught with their pants down using Pirates characters with characteristic monologues and no actual attempts to parody them. Mistakes were made, lessons were learned; stay within legal guidelines and the road is golden. The past few years have been bad out of sheer laziness and/or incompetence.

I know about 2006 and because of the show's script has been under much closer scrutiny amongst upper management/even corporate. The script goes through many rewrites based on fear of legal repercussions, and it's diluted it to the point where it's no funnier than those awful "Epic Movies."

I'm with you here. With the exception of 7 none of the zones really were as good as they could've been (Grown Evil and Luck felt like huge missed opportunities).

The scares though only came from ninjas running at you with a closing fence gate. I had to leap out of the way from a closing gate but that was the only time I jumped. It was more fear for my safety than fear of the street. I agree though that the idea was cool. I'd rather see this concept on a house scale where it'll have a budget and themeing,

The problem is the event is way too crowded to ever achieve a truly chaotic/disorienting version of this concept, whether it be a street or a house. That and there's the issue of unmotivated actors (some of the actors in Nightmaze were on it, others were meh).

Nightmaze was something that would have worked phenomenally 10 or 15 years ago but the event is too big at this point.

Bingo.

A Comic Blog posted this.

Walking-Dead-Prison.jpg

I’ve got a source that gave me a heads up, the 2012 Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Florida will have a Walking Dead themed attraction, most likely a maze, for a large cross promotion with AMC and their season three premier of the show, which has always happened at/around Halloween.

The [very reliable] rumor points to the success of last year’s Alice Cooper maze and Universal’s desire for a repeat.

Based on what we got so far – the ending to season two and AMC using this as a promotion for season three – it doesn’t take much to arrive at the idea of a prison themed maze. It’s the perfect environment for an enclosed scary-as-hell walkthrough and makes a ton of sense in getting people excited for the premier.

No specifics beyond this; I doubt any crazy city officials from the show, say a mayor or a…governor, will be involved. My guess would be lots and lot of zombies.

This. This would actually get me to visit Halloween Horror Nights.

I'm still saying it's for L.A. and them mentioning Alice Cooper's work last year makes me think that even more.

Alice Coopers maze was very good. We went in thinking it would be ehh at best and ended up being the surprise of the event.

I think Nightmaze was the worst. I was able to talk to one of the designers and it's not what they envisioned after it was all said an done

I believe it has been said, Nightmaze was an interesting concept with terrible execution...I could see this working as a house honestly, only with automated swinging doors instead of fenses...I did receive some good scares in this zone though, but only because I walked through it several times..

I believe it has been said, Nightmaze was an interesting concept with terrible execution...I could see this working as a house honestly, only with automated swinging doors instead of fenses...I did receive some good scares in this zone though, but only because I walked through it several times..

Ehhh idk if it would be a good house I went to Warehouse 31, they had a house called Eternal Ebyss which was basically the same concept of Nightmaze in a house... pitch dark with moving doors and strobes it became very annoying running into things