Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My apologies my major was in criminal psychology and it shows. I can talk all day about serial killers, personality disorders, and the psychologically insane but I just can't write it. Not the first time I have been called out for grammar and not going to be the last I can promise you that.

Hey can you proof read this for me? It looks good but I don't know?

Discovery Trail had 2 of the WORST haunts of all time. Most people who go to HHN would not like a trail type haunt they can't do a lot of the magic they can do with design in a house in that area.

I'd like to see a haunted trail, but to be honest I think Busch would do it more justice. They have that DIY on a budget feel and I think that'd work with a trail better.

Difference between a Scare Zone and Discovery Trail was that Discovery Trail had a line..
Busch has learned not to do trails anymore either...partially because it stresses the birds around Bird Gardens and partially because they were never good (except the last year of Freaked)

Rumors from Screamscape

(4/24/12) The last word from our HHN spies is that while TruBlood was given the boot (a good idea I think…) it sounds like everyone was quick to approve a huge cross promotional event with AMC for an attraction themed to The Walking Dead, which should be launching it’s third season around the same time HHN kicks off.

(4/20/12) I’m not sure how much of this is true, but the latest rumor to float my way regarding Halloween Horror Nights 2012 seems to indicate that the park may be looking to partner up with far more existing intellectual properties than they have in the past.
According to our source, the Alice Cooper themed maze from HHN Hollywood last year was such a break away hit, that we may see it copied in Orlando this year. We’ve already talked about the pending inclusion of Penn & Teller, but there are also rumors claiming that we may see haunts themed to current shows like TruBlood and The Walking Dead. I’ve also heard some about kind of possible creative changes taking place with this year’s Bill & Ted show. More when we hear it…

I've seen a lot of the tweets from Hollywood and while I haven't out-ruled a Walking Dead house for Orlando I see it as more likely for Hollywood. They've directly implied one of the houses is going to be based on an I.P. and Walking Dead makes a lot of sense.

On the note of the actual concept of the house, meh.

I would only agree to a Walking Dead House if there is a scene where Lori dies. I cannot stand her character on the show.

Spoilery example.
Lori: Rick, you have to kill Shane.
Rick: Um, okay. (Goes out and kills Shane, comes back)
Rick: Hi Lori, I've killed Shane.
Lori: WHY DID YOU DO THAT??!
Rick: ??!! Hey where's Carl?
Lori: Who?

With the Walking Dead based out of Atlanta (they even offer a tour up there now of sights of season One) I would think HHN Orlando would get a shot at it. This being said We have seen a few zombie type houses in the past don't know why this would be different except as Jake Said more Dialogue less zombies.

I imagine a Walking Dead house would involve 9 scenes of just dialog and then 2 scenes of zombies trying to get us.

Took the words right out of my mouth.:lol:

With the Walking Dead based out of Atlanta (they even offer a tour up there now of sights of season One) I would think HHN Orlando would get a shot at it. This being said We have seen a few zombie type houses in the past don't know why this would be different except as Jake Said more Dialogue less zombies.

I'd imagine it has to do with tapping into the show's enormous fanbase more than attempting to do something new.

With Busch Gardens doing everything Zombie last year, and HHN doing their fair share of zombies in recent years; I'd like for them to focus on something else this year.

My bet, something Mayan related to tie into 2012.

Park Rumors has the dates.

September:
21st, 22nd
27th, 28th, 29th, 30th
October:
4th, 5th, 6th, 7th
11th, 12th, 13th, 14th
17th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st
24th, 25th, 26th, 27th, 28th
31st