Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Has anyone else heard that there may be as few as six houses this year? Somebody brought up the rumor at work and it made me curious. I haven't heard it from anyone credible but still. Got me interested.

There was 8 last year right?

I could see them doing 7...but I'd be surprised if they had 2 less...

I think it was 8 the past two years, actually. I mean, I can see how the Jaws queue will make for one less house but I hope it's 7 and not 6. If not, they better step up their streets to make up for it (last year's streets were terribly dull).

I don't see why they would have to have two less houses. There is where the Vampire house was during 17 and potentially SS44. There were also the rumors of a possible two park HHN, so they would have more than enough space for 8 houses.

I don't see why they would have to have two less houses. There is where the Vampire house was during 17 and potentially SS44. There were also the rumors of a possible two park HHN, so they would have more than enough space for 8 houses.

Not so much. The second half of that house is now a Ben&Jerry's and Starbucks. All I heard was a flimsy rumor so I'm not too worried.

They won't go backwards on houses. Not even if the houses are twice as big. Capacity wise houses twice as big don't necessitate houses with twice the capacity. 8 is the magic number right now.

On the note of HHN this year expect two parks. It's the logical conclusion.

You know I was thinking after seeing some of the interactive houses that are coming out these days at various haunt conventions...do you think that it is possible an interactive shooter Zombie house will make its way to HHN one day? I could see it being a lot of fun..

You know I was thinking after seeing some of the interactive houses that are coming out these days at various haunt conventions...do you think that it is possible an interactive shooter Zombie house will make its way to HHN one day? I could see it being a lot of fun..

No way. Too crowded and they couldn't maintain the capicity Uni wants per house per hour.

I am hoping for the 2 Park layout.

I know people here who disagree, but the sentiment I hear from non-HHN addicts like us, is that they are feeling that HHN is beginning to feel "all the same" regardless of the different themes.

I think a 2 park exploration would be great. The only problem i see with this, is that it would require both IOA and USF to close early. Instead of keeping IOA open later to take in day guests, and to keep pre-HHN visitors entertained.

Because of that fact, my guess is that they will stick to 1 park.

Do we know if the new parade facilities will affect HHN?

I know that one of the temporary buildings is used as the mardi gras parade dressing rooms.

When they do the two parks how will they close off the harry Potter section of the Park? Any idea where they will put the House or Houses at IOA?

They won't. HP will be open, but not dressed up for HHN. Logistically, it makes sense. It's a crowd-eater and should free up flow throughout the rest of the parks.

When they do the two parks how will they close off the harry Potter section of the Park? Any idea where they will put the House or Houses at IOA?

Ugh... I HATE HHHN when it was IOA... not because I attended it, but because it crapped up the great themeing already in place during the day. They put cobwebs and sickles everywhere. I know that there were big show platforms both in the lower JP courtyard and in the Port of Entry waterfront courtyard. The later had a lot of pyro rigging. Not sure where they crammed the houses in. Anyone... anyone... anyone?

Ugh... I HATE HHHN when it was IOA... not because I attended it, but because it crapped up the great themeing already in place during the day. They put cobwebs and sickles everywhere. I know that there were big show platforms both in the lower JP courtyard and in the Port of Entry waterfront courtyard. The later had a lot of pyro rigging. Not sure where they crammed the houses in. Anyone... anyone... anyone?

Building behind Doctor Doom(first used for Carnage at HHN12
Thunder Falls Terrace Resturant
Bottom Floor of Discovery Center
Popeye queue building
the Triceratops Discovery Trail
Soundstages.

I don't think we will see the event return to IOA too soon for that very reason. They really had to squeeze the houses. Jaws' extended queue was the only queue that ever really had to lose any commission for Universal since the first to the busiest HHN years of recent. At IOA they really have to shove them in places with the exception of Marvel's and the soundstages.

Popeye queue building
Soundstages.

I don't think we will see the event return to IOA too soon for that very reason. They really had to squeeze the houses. Jaws' extended queue was the only queue that ever really had to lose any commission for Universal since the first to the busiest HHN years of recent. At IOA they really have to shove them in places with the exception of Marvel's and the soundstages.

Add the tents and Disaster queue...I would think they would put a house behind Thunder Falls seeing as that is an empty lot..

The difference is the Disaster queue does not affect money making in any way. Popeye is pretty comparable to losing Disaster but they are more hesitant to close things that give people less options to spend money. It is a slower season, but money can still be made and putting a house in a restaurant is a lot more work.(Three of these houses if they went with that idea would also be cramped near Potter..bad idea) Even if you add a building for a haunt behind thunder falls terrace and utilize every other option that is only going to still leave you around eight unless Poseidon is used again and three soundstages are constantly used for HHN at IOA. It would be just a waste of money and allow for less of a well rounded flow, not to mention capacity nightmares now that the event has grown even more. If you see it at IOA again it will be a combined park experience again.

Better to make the money off the HHN people in one park and have the other park making the attendance and cash flow for Potter close down on its own time for lingering spenders.

I know nothing of inside info but I would count on the event staying in the Studios for awhile.

Popeye queue building
Soundstages.

Some of the best houses and franchises in fact started in this location. Great House location! And don't forget with construction going on like crazy we could see another tent house or the moving of tents as well.

Great houses do not mean the locaitons matter though. It is just luck for the most part. Everyone hated the 'tent' structures and said they were cursed until The Thing came along. There were only ever two houses in that location as well, and for a reason. It was a pain to convert.

Again, with the Jaws area the way it is we are only ever really losing one house location. To counter that for the time being they can just put another one in one of the soundstage buildings they have to rent for anyway.

Great houses do not mean the locaitons matter though. It is just luck for the most part. Everyone hated the 'tent' structures and said they were cursed until The Thing came along. There were only ever two houses in that location as well, and for a reason. It was a pain to convert.

I disagree within reason. There are definitely locations that breed better houses than others. I can only think of 2 or 3 houses I LOVED in the Jaws que, where as the soundstages rarely breed a bad house.

On the note of two parks, if I happens what I expect to see is Sprung 1, Sprung 2, Soundstages (3), Disaster, Popeye or Discovery, Carnage, and B&T in Toon Ampitheatre. Entrance in Islands (potentially both gates now), with opening street in IOA, street in JP if it goes to it, bridge scarezone between parks, street in NY, street in Hollywood, street in Central Park, and maybe one in San Fran or Marvel.

I disagree within reason. There are definitely locations that breed better houses than others. I can only think of 2 or 3 houses I LOVED in the Jaws que, where as the soundstages rarely breed a bad house.

IMO, the location good houe/bad house is just an excuse for either poor design or execution. If they can put a good house in Jaws like Saws and Steam or a crap house like Legendary Truth in the SS it tells me that the location does not matter and that is is how you use the space you have to work with.