Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The '06 lagoon show wasn't all awful, but it wasn't great either. I'd only assume that they'd do a better job on this on.
I wouldn't mind seeing an original icon show..it would have been really nice for HHNXX and last year as well...I miss the major tie ins with the icons; house, show, etc

I would also count pyro out of the show as well...

Last edited:
NO, no more former Icon crap :lol: Lets keep it New and Fresh Universal!

You didn't which is why I didn't quote you. I was writing that more to push my thoughts onto those who are reading :lol: It just happened to come right after your post.

I'd like to see a new icon I love though. Just throwing that one out there. Lady Luck...and Fear...not so much. Jack, Caretaker, Terra Queen, The Director, Bloody Mary those are the type of icons I want to see. I was even pretty happy with The Usher minus the lack of him at his own event.

I'd like to see a new icon I love though. Just throwing that one out there. Lady Luck...and Fear...not so much. Jack, Caretaker, Terra Queen, The Director, Bloody Mary those are the type of icons I want to see. I was even pretty happy with The Usher minus the lack of him at his own event.

The Usher was at the front gate (both in the flesh at his ticket booth and featured extensively in the gate video), projected all over the park like Mary, and had his own house. That's more than Mary got!

I otherwise 100% agree, though. The older approach icon seems to be far more effective than the new "deity" approach.

The Usher was at the front gate (both in the flesh at his ticket booth and featured extensively in the gate video), projected all over the park like Mary, and had his own house. That's more than Mary got!

I otherwise 100% agree, though. The older approach icon seems to be far more effective than the new "deity" approach.

The Usher got hardly any recognition until you got to the event. Sure he was on the website but he was in one of the commercials I think, and he wasn't on the map until later in the event. Bloody Mary got her fair amount of recognition, she was in radio ads, billboards, commercials, had a house, was in all the other houses atleast as a head nod, had her thing at the front gates, etc.

The Usher got hardly any recognition until you got to the event. Sure he was on the website but he was in one of the commercials I think, and he wasn't on the map until later in the event. Bloody Mary got her fair amount of recognition, she was in radio ads, billboards, commercials, had a house, was in all the other houses atleast as a head nod, had her thing at the front gates, etc.

Yeah the Usher was jobbed. And the Icons have been all down hill since then, I guess it could be called the curse of the Usher if this years Icon tanks also.

Yeah the Usher was jobbed. And the Icons have been all down hill since then, I guess it could be called the curse of the Usher if this years Icon tanks also.

I'll only play the curse card if the next two or three are lackluster. The old formula worked so well, bring it back. We'd rather have icons in houses then icons just in the streets. We'd also like to not have our icon tacked on the last couple months as a marketing ploy. Just throwing that one out there.

I misunderstood your original point - you said there was a lack of Usher at his own event. I interpreted that to be him in the park... as I've explained (and you've recognized) he was omnipresent at the event itself. You meant in the marketing as well - which, you're right, he was completely absent from.

I still feel that Lady Luck is the weakest Icon Universal has created, weaker even then FEAR (at least Fear had a cool design, was menacing, and you could feel his prescence all thru the event). Lady Luck felt very poorly planned out and thrown in last second. If Universal can't come up with a use for their Icon then they should just stick to an overarching theme. Just my .02

I still feel that Lady Luck is the weakest Icon Universal has created, weaker even then FEAR (at least Fear had a cool design, was menacing, and you could feel his prescence all thru the event).

Legend-inspired demon > cougar.

On that subject, Darkness from Legend was a walk-around character a few years ago...not sure why he never got bumped up to full icon status, seems a no-brainer.

Just because the dates of Halloween Horror Nights aren't listed as "no show" dates for Universal's Cinematic Spectacular doesn't mean that there will be a lagoon show during HHN.

For starters, Universal's Cinematic Spectacular is listed as showing "9pm daily (excluding annual and special event dates)". Halloween Horror Nights is an annual event, so that right there says we won't be seeing it.

Secondly, the dates are strictly for the Universal's Cinematic Spectacular show. If they were to utilize the lagoon equipment for a show during HHN, it would be running under a different name, as a show celebrating "100 years of Universal films" isn't something that would really fit in with the Horror Nights atmosphere.

Besides, we've already had plenty of discussion, and near-confirmation from Aiello, that we'll see the new lagoon equipment utilized for a show of some sorts during the event.

Yeeea! I LOVE the Usher. I mean, he exclusively murders people who ruin a good movie experience. Talking over a movie? Murder. Cell phone goes off? Murder! Bring a baby to an adult movie and sit nonchalantly as it screams its face off? MURDER! ...He's a hero as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
Yeeea! I LOVE the Usher. I mean, he exclusively murders people who ruin a good movie experience. Talking over a movie? Murder. Cell phone goes off? Murder! Bring a baby to an adult movie and sit nonchalantly as it screams its face off? MURDER! ...He's a hero as far as I'm concerned.

Have to update that now with facebooking, texting, angry birds, and tweeting!

Reactions: Scarletwebslingr

Because he's the hero we deserve, but not the one we need right now. Lololol

Reactions: Scarletwebslingr

Usher and Mary had about the same when all was said and done. The Usher was also not featured in any of the major tv commercials, radio ads or billboards. Mary was in all three of those media forms.

Also the deity concept worked for Mary because they went all out and not only did she have her own house, but don't forget there were Bloody Mary Appearances in multiple formats throughout every house.