Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion | Page 36 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think 7 or 8 houses is fair enough as is and realistically I think the notion of us being down to 7 houses permanently is nothing short of absurd. This is a transition year, expect us to be back up to 8 in due time.

1. Great house out West, one of my favorites from last years events. Would be a total win if it came here
2. Ehh but then again not real familiar with the series
3. Please be more like season 1 :lol:
4. No thanks
5. Finally
6. When in doubt go classic, should be good
7. Loved the concept but they need to build off the original to make it over the top.

I think 7 or 8 houses is fair enough as is and realistically I think the notion of us being down to 7 houses permanently is nothing short of absurd. This is a transition year, expect us to be back up to 8 in due time.

Unless, you know, that rumored permanent haunt becomes house #8.

I'm pretty sure we can eliminate the use of SS44 from HHN this year if anyone was wondering. ^ Not related to your post btw.

I can't remember which soundstage it was and I'm to lazy to look it up, but didn't one of the room names have the wrong side of the bed and such. From the looks of the video it seems like that is the going to be the alice cooper house.

It would only be temporary, but I'm just throwing stuff out there.

Not doggin you, but it would be there for over two months. If they were going to use that area for a house I would think they would have removed the building after the fact in slow season instead of during peak attendance and later hours. Not to say the lot can't be used for a massive SZ, if they have not started construcyion yet.

I can't remember which soundstage it was and I'm to lazy to look it up, but didn't one of the room names have the wrong side of the bed and such. From the looks of the video it seems like that is the going to be the alice cooper house.

"Welcome to My Nightmare."

Makes sense. :thumbs:

Unless, you know, that rumored permanent haunt becomes house #8.

I'm pretty sure, cut and dry we'll be having 7 houses this year. Next year I wouldn't be surprised if we continued the trend of 7 or went back to 8. Whether the permanent haunted house will even happen is another debate for another thread. If it happens expect it's incorporation at HHN.

what are the two or three best houses USF has ever had for HHN in past years? Do you recall the names?

Since 2006 my personal favorites are

1. Body Collector's: Collections of the Past
2. Nightmare On Elm Street
3. PsychoScarepy: Maximum Madness
4. The Thing: Assimilation
5. Dead Exposure

what are the two or three best houses USF has ever had for HHN in past years? Do you recall the names?

Whoa loaded question and Jake mentions some awesome ones.

Not in any order since my head might explode and going back to 2001. Bolded are the five best IMO. Sorry Teebs can't just pick two or three.
All Nite Die-In
Castle Vampyr
Body Collectors (Original)
Catacombs: Black Death Rising
Dracula: Legacy in Blood
Hellgate Prison
PsychoScareapy (Original)
Scary Tales: Once Upon a Nightmare
Scream House (Original)
The Thing: Assimilation
Dead Silence: The Curse of Mary Shaw

I'm pretty sure, cut and dry we'll be having 7 houses this year. Next year I wouldn't be surprised if we continued the trend of 7 or went back to 8. Whether the permanent haunted house will even happen is another debate for another thread. If it happens expect it's incorporation at HHN.

It will be interesting to see what that does to wait times.

While I'm no expert considering it was my first time last year, but The In-Between was definitely my favorite.

The In Between was nothing short of a blast. I honestly liked Jack's Funhouse more but that's due to personal biases. I prefer the concept of 3D houses being Carnival-esque. The In Between however, was much more clever.

I think Universal is going to try and balance out the house issue with frequent shows. Expect 3 shows this year and since a Lagoon Show is likely and will require less strain on actors expect those to happen frequently. In 2006 on peak nights they had around 3 or 4 shows a night. I'm hoping they shoot for a show every 90 minutes since that will be a huge crowd eater. If they really want to balance it out they'll have some sort of show going every 30 minutes at various locations in the park.

So how likely are those rumored houses? A Silent Hill house would be bad ass!
I don't really know what Penn and Teller and Alice Cooper are, anyone care to enlighten me?

Alice Cooper is a Metal Musician. He's been active for like 4 decades or something crazy. he is known for being one of the first (if not the first) to incorporate elements of Horror into Rock/Metal music.

Penn and Teller are a Magic/comedy act. They essentially do a magic trick (Illusions, michael) and reveal the behind the scenes how they did it(much to the displeasure of the Magicians alliance). They are probably most known for their Vegas show, they have appeared on numerous TV shows as well. Due to their show being rather comical...if there is a P&T house it will likely be the comedy house this year