Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion | Page 82 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
DM: MM will draw crowds regardless of "appeal" factor. It's one of those films with a broad range of admirers (and I'm not even one of them). It'll draw methinks.

DM: MM will draw crowds regardless of "appeal" factor. It's one of those films with a broad range of admirers (and I'm not even one of them). It'll draw methinks.

We can't pretend that most guests know what's going on, because they don't. Even if they hate it, they won't know any better until after they ride it. It's brand new and right in front of the park. People will ride it.

There were also stilts in Vampyr 2 if I'm not mistaken, and everyone also said chainsaws and houses couldn't be done as well...

AND, I'd like to note that HHN never has been UCF and Dr. Phillip's exclusive. It's never been Orlando exclusive. I almost feel insulted by being put under the blanket statement of you either have to be a frat boy or a high school kid to enjoy the event.

:iagree:
People come all the way from the UK. haha

- - - Updated - - -

Also I'm pretty sure stilts will be in Alice Cooper.

Doubtful. They let the rights to the show lapse after they used it last, and I got the sense the meager crowds it seemed to draw didn't justify the cost or the guest complaints (only in America, people have no problem letting their 13-year-old see blood and gore, but freaked the hell out because a stage show had a transvestite--yeah, apparently this happened quite a bit).

I really have no idea what you're talking about there. All the times I saw RHPS at HHN, the stadium was packed, so that's not really "meager" crowds. And I also do remember huge crowds waiting to enter before each show...

I really have no idea what you're talking about there. All the times I saw RHPS at HHN, the stadium was packed, so that's not really "meager" crowds. And I also do remember huge crowds waiting to enter before each show...

Agreed. Each time I went there was a packed stadium, and people were entirely interactive with the show. It seemed like a huge success, and I really hope it comes back.

I was thinking stilts in Silent Hill because pyramid head was always made out to be large and menacing, and anyone who has read interviews about Wreck it Ralph know how picky video game companies are about character height.

Rocky Horror was initially well received and was again in 2008 but took a nose dive in 2009. That can be attributed to a lot of things, including the show not changing year to year (not that it really can), and people not understanding it. There was a lot more interaction in 2008 and 2007 because it was a fresher show for HHN. I love RHPS but I'm at the point where if I want to see it I'll go see it at AMC and I think that should kind of apply across the board. I'd much rather have a new show.

I actually attended a midnight showing of RHPS at the Citywalk AMC.....pretty sure it was done by the troupe someone mentioned earlier in this thread. Very fun, one of my favorite memories. If you have the chance, I'd definitely recommend you do it. As for RHPS in HHN, never saw it when it was there before....maybe if time allows and it comes back I'd drop in to see how it is.

I just think RHPS is something you either get, or hate. It's not for everyone, and as HHN grows in popularity the less people there who will be into it. I don't know if there's a place for it in a theme park setting.

Exactly. On stilts they'd have to bend over for you to get a look at them and with a giant pointy headpiece flying downward toward fidgety guests... that just reeks of lawsuits over some eye-poking.

That reminds me of Catacombs just on stilts. HAHAHAHA

If they just cast a couple semi-stocky tall guys they can pull it off without stilts.

Or they could do both. I'll admit it'll look dumb and ruin the proportions if they have some little guy on stilts. But he's supposed to be roughly twice our height. I'll be let down if I walk by pyramid head and he's only a foot taller than me.

Alice Cooper's big room at HHNH featured stilts.

I hadn't thought of that. I never bother to check out Hollywood's walktroughs, but I think I will this time around. I'll probably be checking out last year's house on YouTube, then.

As did House of a 1000 Corpses

I wasn't surprised. :lol: I remember those houses having stilts. I was just thinking out loud for this year.

But though I now know about the stilts in Hollywood's Cooper House, I still hope to see stilts in Silent Hill. Pyramid Head is HUGE. Unless they can hire a giant, I don't think they'd be able to find an actor naturally big enough to fill the roll. But that's just my OCD talking.

Now that I really think about it... La Llarona had stilt walkers with horseheads on. The only thing is that was the only room that wasn't dark (to allow them to see and walk around). This really wouldn't be a problem since the "otherworld" is not technically dark (more like monotone or sepia). So forget my earlier arguments :wave:

Reactions: Cecilia