Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm betting on the two parks... two icons... twins. And the 22 will definitely a backwards 2.

backwards 2's look too much like a heart for my liking.

Universal Studios presents:
Halloween Horror Nights twenty two....

HHN22j.jpg

Horror with a heart

Last edited:

That's an interesting plan proposed at park rumors. The only thing that irked me while reading that was how they keep bringing up that the Wizarding World is somehow untouchable. I promise I will eat my words if these rumors hold true, but in my opinion, these rumors are just unfounded. I've been in after-hours events at the WWoHP, they will have it open for Grad Bash (or whatever it's called - my brother in is going with his middle school and it's prominently mentioned in the advertisement), plus they decorated it for Christmas too, so it's not like the land is kept untouched, in a crystal box, only to be used during regular park hours, and treated like it's something untouchable. Even on a regular day at the WWoHP, have you guys been on Forbidden Journey? (or have you read the books, or seen the movies?) Potter can be quite scary! Why would anyone think they won't use it for Halloween?!

Sigh... I've been saying this every time this topic comes up, and I must sound like a broken record to those who have seen my argument before, so I rest my case here. Let's wait and see at HHN 22. I believe Potter can and probably will be Halloween'd up, though I will accept I was wrong if Potter isn't used. (Though even then, if it's not used or themed it doesn't necessarily mean it's because JK Rowling or WB are prohibiting Universal from doing anything Halloween with it.) Let's wait and see...

While the article doubts the area could be utilized as a scarezone, they do clearly state that they find it hard to beleive the area as a whole wouldn't be used during the event...

... if the rumor of 'nothing can happen in The Wizarding World during HHN' is true. However, given that Forbidden Journey is the most popular attraction in the park, it's hard to believe the area would be closed off.

And then at the end...

... with the bulk of the event located in Islands of Adventure. But with the popularity of The Wizarding World, it's hard to believe they haven't been trying to figure out a way to get the event back over there.

I do, however, agree that a scarezone is unlikely to be located within the area. There are enough traffic flow problems as it is within the Wizarding World, and adding props/scaffolding/etc would likely make matters worse, especially during a busy event like HHN. That's not to say they couldn't have roaming actors like they did on peak nights in Seuss in 2005, something the article failed to mention.

But you're right, we'll just have to wait for HHN22 to see... and if the event isn't in IOA this year, I guess we just wait longer?

Perhaps they could axe scare zones in favor of just having scareactors all over both parks? And if some dark cloaked figures just happened to be roaming around Hogsmeade it would just be a coincidence... :D

I wouldn't have a problem with it as long as they theme some of the streets up a bit.

As I've said before, I don't really find the scarezones add all that much to these kinds of events.

Perhaps they could axe scare zones in favor of just having scareactors all over both parks? And if some dark cloaked figures just happened to be roaming around Hogsmeade it would just be a coincidence... :D

They tried to do that for HHN 17: Carnival of Carnage. It wasn't successful. :lol:

It's a logistical nightmare. 15 years ago it would have been hard to pull that off. It's borderline impossible at this point.